UEFA Euro 2008

Ok impressions time.

Of course the Demo is on Semi Pro so the fact is its easy to get through the opposition defence and score a goal. Having said that the way the players move is excellent! response times have quickened up from FIFA 08 as has the pace of the game. All in all it makes for a FAR less frustrating experience. Graphics have been sharpened up from FIFA 08 and the player models appear to look better than FIFA 08... The problem is the player Faces still look shocking with the exception of Franck Ribery. They appear to have refined the shooting and passing system, its more responsive in general and in the case of the shooting I find with Semi Auto shooting I can now hit the target more often than I could on FIFA 08. Ball physics also have been sharpened up, the ball seems less floaty than it did in FIFA 08 which can only be a good thing. Thus far this is the best FIFA game ive played to date, so very enjoyable and feels so damn realistic! I was out of my seat often (like I used to be during the good old days of PES)

Graphics 8
Sound 9 Commentary is brilliant!
Gameplay 9

EDIT: here is a goal I scored with Henry... woah!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRAaPFSprpE

One of the commentary team is Andy Fucking Townsend, for me that marks it way down

Ok. You guys have mentioned the crossing being better.

Question: Do the players receiving the cross head the ball or chest it down more? In Fifa 08 it seems they would chest it down quite often. I was hoping to get more heading attempts out of Euro. How about in general? Just taking general high passes?

From the 4 or 5 games i have played i think they head it out unless they have time and space

I've not seen the chesting stuff happen anywhere NEAR as much - I don't remember it happening to me actually. I remember a player taking one low cross and the receiver plucking it out of the air with his foot because I didn't press anything, where normally he would have chested it. He brought it down beautifully, and then skewed the shot wide.

I've not seen the chesting stuff happen anywhere NEAR as much - I don't remember it happening to me actually. I remember a player taking one low cross and plucking it out of the air with his foot because I didn't press anything, where normally he would have chested it. He brought it down beautifully, and then skewed the shot wide.

Very nice. That's what I like to hear.

Yeah I noticed the volleys have been improved a lot. They dont balloon over all the time now. You dont always get them on target or with the right power but you can. And when you don't, it doesnt look ridiculous like in Fifa 08.

As me and JB discussed earlier.. PES may please the Japanese market but it doesnt please us Anymore.... Until they get a European Development team they are basically playing Catchup to EA as far as Europe is concerned...

Ok impressions time.

Of course the Demo is on Semi Pro so the fact is its easy to get through the opposition defence and score a goal. Having said that the way the players move is excellent! response times have quickened up from FIFA 08 as has the pace of the game. All in all it makes for a FAR less frustrating experience. Graphics have been sharpened up from FIFA 08 and the player models appear to look better than FIFA 08... The problem is the player Faces still look shocking with the exception of Franck Ribery. They appear to have refined the shooting and passing system, its more responsive in general and in the case of the shooting I find with Semi Auto shooting I can now hit the target more often than I could on FIFA 08. Ball physics also have been sharpened up, the ball seems less floaty than it did in FIFA 08 which can only be a good thing. Thus far this is the best FIFA game ive played to date, so very enjoyable and feels so damn realistic! I was out of my seat often (like I used to be during the good old days of PES)

Graphics 8
Sound 9 Commentary is brilliant!
Gameplay 9

EDIT: here is a goal I scored with Henry... woah!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRAaPFSprpE

Nice goal. That is definitely a goal that I have never scored with Fifa 08, and I had a similar shot in my Euro game that keeper saved, but I was definitely happy about taking the shot from outside and not having to be in the box to score.

Nice video DJ I'd love to see more showing us the actual game menus etc or general run through of game, improved appearances for those of us still waiting to get the demo.

Go on JB I liked your videos on PES2008 can you do us a commentary on UEFA Euro 2008 or a general run through?

Not when I've got Everybody's Golf World Tour this morning, sorry. :)

It's not really needed anyway, the demo will be out tonight. They need to update the store with Gran Turismo Prologue 5, they want to make money don't they, so it shouldn't be too long.

Not when I've got Everybody's Golf World Tour this morning, sorry. :)

It's not really needed anyway, the demo will be out tonight. They need to update the store with Gran Turismo Prologue 5, they want to make money don't they, so it shouldn't be too long.

shrek2wallpaper001.jpg

Pleeeeeeeeease!

Back
Top Bottom