UEFA Euro 2008

Does the rainy weather affect the gameplay? ie. ball movement, players keeing on their feet etc.

Anyway back on topic before I get sacked at work.

Do the puddles affect the run of the ball, and do they appear in the same area every match?

EDIT Too late.

Does the rainy weather affect the gameplay? ie. ball movement, players keeing on their feet etc.
Certainly affects the tackles, they're harder to perform perfectly. All of my tackles missed the ball and the man completely in my first few games. And passes are slower because of the waterlogged pitch, you need to hit them a bit harder with the new passing guage.

Really good game, had 4/5 matches as France, with Benzema up front- he is brilliant

Anyway, the game is more responsive (as much as I love Fifa 08, it wasn't as fluid as the good old days of Pes when you attack in my mind) meaning the dribblnig is less hit and miss, and now easier to do. Not a piece of piss, but at least it does what you tell it, instead of waiting a second or two.

I like how when i miss chances, or select the wrong option it pans to the manager or other players. Through with benzema, i tried a lob, it flew over, and it had Gallas then shaking his head, as he probably would do. Or Cry.

In terms of the opposition, Klose and Podolski played very well on the break, fed by fine through balls from Ballack. One goal against me had Klose past Abidal, Gallas and Thuram were too far apart, and I knew the right ball in front would mean a goal for Podolski. Lovely early ball and diving header later, I got what I hoped the AI would do to me.

Opposition keepers seem much better

The player models are excellent, and it feels "meatier" when you hit a shot or it deflects wide off someone.

Playing passes is better with the guage, and sliding tackles are good, but I am terrible at them.

Cant get my head round these celebrations

Not tried the co-op cam people mentinoed, will do later, but the camera change for corners is good, if a little difficult to get your aim spot on. But I suppose its realistic.

All in all I am very happy with what we have now, and if the next 6 months of tweaking go well, Fifa 09 will be unreal.

I've just played a few games and I'm very impressed. It seems like EA have actually listened (take note, Konami).

The reactions times are greatly improved, the tempo is spot on, the weight of the ball feels better.

Gentlemen.............it's going to be a long three weeks.:DD

There is a simple solution, it's pricey but it means you'll never be disappointed again...

I'm not even going to say it but you know it's for the best Miguel. Ditch that bitch.

And when you get a penalty the pad beats like a heartbeat. :D

At penalties, do the other players wait at the edge of the box, waiting to run in for rebounds?

I may be wrong but I seem to recall in FIFA08, they just stood in their normal position on the pitch.

That said, are there any such things as rebounds from penalties - I think in FIFA08, it was either goal, goalie catches it or tipped round the post for corner...I don't remember ever seeing a rebound....I don't think I even saw tipped round the post for a corner actually.

Haha you guys seem to be playing this non-stop, you will be bored of the game and have found all it's bugs within 3 weeks at this rate :-pp.

Back
Top Bottom