UEFA Euro 2008

Maybe because it's a filler there is no 5v5? They should have included it but it doesn't bother me. :)

Tricks isn't something I've ever been able to master, I'd say they're the same but they're a lot quicker to access, meaning that you can string them better a lot more easily.

It makes such a change approaching a defender and skinning him perfectly, rather than pressing it and waiting for a couple of seconds, hoping and praying he doesn't move into the path you've chosen to knock the ball into. Tricks and knock-aheads have never been implemented into a football game so well.

Just a brilliant game. CW has pointed out that there's no 5v5 option in the Xbox Live menu though - can't stand that mode myself though, so I'm not worried. :)

Ok cool. Where the heck is Cdub with his impressions? He better be writing up a 2 page review.

He's playing it fully before making a post, which is what I should have done really. I wasn't a fan of the game at first, but then I realised it's not just the response of the passes that had been improved, and when I noticed that my early cross fucked the defenders over because they didn't have time to prepare for it... I was impressed.

Man the rain on the field effects are awesome i just tried a pass across my penalty box and didnt press a long enough and the ball caught a soggy patch, almost stopped and was picked up by a wide open attacker who almost scored but a nice save :)

am i right in thinking with fifa 08, there was no 5v5 option and only be a pro offline

then a patch came out and it gave a new option for 5v5..

just hope its the same with this...

Meant to say, the camera angle has impressed me hugely as well. It zooms in and out - but it's so subtle that you don't actually notice it.

When you're in the middle of the pitch, it will be furthest away so that you can see everyone you can pass to, but when you get the ball through to a striker it zooms in a bit so that you can knock the ball past a defender and aim more accurately.

It's so good that I've not had to look at the radar yet - and that is a major plus for me, so major that I cannot believe it's never been done before (or at least implemented so perfectly).

Jack are you gonna keep FIFA after playing this?
To finish the league, yes, but after that it's gone. I won't be playing it again apart from the league matches, put it like that.

am i right in thinking with fifa 08, there was no 5v5 option and only be a pro offline

then a patch came out and it gave a new option for 5v5..

just hope its the same with this...
That was only because it wasn't ready, it's there in FIFA now so it should be there in Euro now surely...

when you play against the cpu. is every player still dribbling like ronaldinho or are they passing the ball under pressure? how is the referrereing (referee :) ) and are you getting free kicks from cpu fouls?

If the response times are like what you say they are - I can not wait. It was the major flaw along with the keepers coming out and having the change player cursor on Manual not working properly.

The referee I am disappointed in, you can hack someone down and it's still only a yellow card. Not seen a red card yet. But he does give out a few more yellows I've noticed.

Bobby, you will love the response times. It's hard to imagine them being any better.

Did someone notice that when the cpu tackles your player, he doesnt fall 90% of the time like 08, when the ball is still close the player struggles to reach it. Love it.

Did someone notice that when the cpu tackles your player, he doesnt fall 90% of the time like 08, when the ball is still close the player struggles to reach it. Love it.

sounds great. but does the cpu actually miss a tackle once or are they still doing these perfectly timed slide tackles without ever fouling like in fifa08

The referee I am disappointed in, you can hack someone down and it's still only a yellow card. Not seen a red card yet. But he does give out a few more yellows I've noticed.

Bobby, you will love the response times. It's hard to imagine them being any better.

Thats music to my ears!! that is the main reason why Fifa is a Fucker to play. Brilliant news.

I bet it takes 5 hours for me to download it when I get home tonight :((

i noticed that too. its my favorite new feature

Ok all whats left now is hoping the final product is as good as this and online servers as good as fifa 08s. You can count me in :D

anyone notice any new skill moves. I saw a new one where u tap diagonally back/up or diagonally back/down twice fast and it does sort of a quick chip to the left or right.

I can confirm this, looks nice too :D

Theres loads of little new animations for turning and stuff, its amazing.

I think i just saw a player crossing with the outside part of the foot (like Quaresma often does), not sure though..

Cammey, don't expect a lot to be different, just expect FIFA 08 minus the sluggishness - and then when you see all the other little fixes as well, you will be really happy.

Wow, the ai is passing so much and thru passing and i just did a rollout with my gk by accident right to an attacker and he chipped me for a goal! my mind is blown

anyone figured out the celebrations i cant seem to do too much

Last edited:
This time of day is usually quiet on Xbox Live. Not today!

S7301185.jpg

The managers & coaches are a great addition:

S7301187.jpg

Thats music to my ears!! that is the main reason why Fifa is a Fucker to play. Brilliant news.

I bet it takes 5 hours for me to download it when I get home tonight :((
Upgrade off of Greggs Dial Up Then ;)

Nah mate took me about 30 mins to 45 mins to download this at lunch time.... I LOVE IT!!! Fucking Amazing. Hats off to EA for making decent changes to the gameplay and for adding Drama to the whole Atmosphere!

Back
Top Bottom