UEFA Euro 2008

Is the PC version same as the 360 version? Anyone knows? (notice how I refuse to use the pathetic dumbed down for 10 years olds buzz word "teh next gen")

Hmmm dunno what to think.... it feels like FIFA, it looks like FIFA - but its faster! FIFSTER?

Quite like it, more reponsive, keepers better animations, faster passing, tricks etc.

Never like buying these types of games though as the lifespan is over once the competition is finished, but this shows me a good step towards FIFA 09.

Is that Domenech on the side line by the way? Cannot decide if it is actually him or just a generic manager?

The PC screenshots on some gaming site (GameSpot?) were of the next-gen engine. That means it is either next-gen or EA are trying to con people into buying the crap game :-pp.

What do you guys think of the new camera?

Ah yea, meant to say too - just like Bitter Rivals, I didnt notice it at first, but I did notice it was much better.

Really, really good angle! Its a little bit dynamic - zooming in when the ball is at the near touchline - but not enough to be useless.

Oh, nobody has mentioned that the "Be-A-Pro" is in the demo too :D

is this me or you can actually move your player more freely without the ball?.

omg i have just player an amazing counter attacking through ball

i broke from my own half, played it from midfiled fast tight pass into henry..... i saw in the distance anelka burning it past the half way line along side two defenders.. i play it first time by henry (as the ball comes into him he plays it with the outside of his boot, into space between the defenders while anelka speeds past into the space for a 1 on 1

which i miss

lovely

omg i have just player an amazing counter attacking through ball

i broke from my own half, played it from midfiled fast tight pass into henry..... i saw in the distance anelka burning it past the half way line along side two defenders.. i play it first time by henry (as the ball comes into him he plays it with the outside of his boot, into space between the defenders while anelka speeds past into the space for a 1 on 1

which i miss

lovely

so the first touch passes are better?, the ones in fifa08 where rubbish. you go to do through ball straight away and it goes nowhere, (also them pathetic headers where it just hits the face pretty much)

I'm loving the passing. Its like FIFA 08 with the good bits of PES in there too. I think the tackling is a bit dodgy JB, because it's in the rain. So you're sliding all over the place.. part of this new dynamic weather thing. Only played one match but loving it so far!

Good to see people are liking it :) I probably wont buy this game as it is so close to Fifa 09 and Fifa 08 will last me until then, but if people really like this game and Fifa 09 will hopefully be improved even more, Fifa 09 should be one hell of a game.

I FUCKING LOVE THIS GAME!! its a refined FIFA 08, for me it plays at about the right pace, I feel more in control and it even looks better than FIFA 08 Graphically! WOAH! I had a nil niller a minute ago but I was hooked! I had some great efforts saved by the keeper! If this is a curtain raiser for what FIFA 09 is going to be then we are in for a treat!

One thing I will say is DONT expect to see the coaches reactions on FIFA 09.. this will be something they WONT implement due to the AMOUNT of coaches.

Could someone please upload a vid of the demo? Strengths, weaknesses gameplay etc. All there is online is the trailer. I would really like to play this but my PS3 is being fixed and in the meantime will have to settle with just seeing it.

Ta

I love the gameplay. Its a mix from the old PES games and Fifa 08 and it feels great.

But EA should work on the faces. Some of it are outstanding (ribery for example) but most of it still look like wax figures. If EA improve the faces it will be the best football game ever.

I love the gameplay. Its a mix from the old PES games and Fifa 08 and it feels great.

But EA should work on the faces. Some of it are outstanding (ribery for example) but most of it still look like wax figures. If EA improve the faces it will be the best football game ever.

How does having the faces fixed make it a better game?

Have you guys put semi and manual on for some things? Makes it even better!

Yep , all manual except semi pass and semi shooting. About tackling, it´s more hard to perform them, which is a good thing. I think the tackling on 08 was too easy.

Last edited:
I FUCKING LOVE THIS GAME!! its a refined FIFA 08, for me it plays at about the right pace, I feel more in control and it even looks better than FIFA 08 Graphically! WOAH! I had a nil niller a minute ago but I was hooked! I had some great efforts saved by the keeper! If this is a curtain raiser for what FIFA 09 is going to be then we are in for a treat!

One thing I will say is DONT expect to see the coaches reactions on FIFA 09.. this will be something they WONT implement due to the AMOUNT of coaches.
Well, there's less managers than players and every player gets a close-up in the game.
It would be just like creating players really wouldn't it? Make the top ones have proper faces and that and have the less well known ones have ones made up from generic ones.
I think that might be in the Fifa 09.

Has anyone downloaded this on a silver membership? Is it available for everyone (silver or gold)? I ask because my UK accoount is silver.

Now to questions:
How is the atmosphere? Are the chants better and more about the 2 teams that are playing? (example, not getting English chants for France or Germany)
I'll think of some more.

Atmosphere is BRILLIANT. Especially when there is only five minutes to go and one of them team's is leading - the crowd just WHISTLES constantly!

Paul - Yes it IS Dominech (spelling?) and he looks SPOT-ON! I love his grumpy face when you score against France! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom