UEFA Euro 2008

What teams can you play in the demo?

Any sign of the AI perfect back-4 defense showing more signs of weakness?

Do the AI full-backs ever leave their post and push forward?

btw there is a new camera and i didnt even realise i was using it, it is set by default

it is slightly closer than tele cam but not to close like dynamic or anything which are still there as an option

i think i prefer then new cam than tele

I think the game as definitly improved.
Better animations ,
Better player models,
Excellent atmosphere,
More responsive.

I only played one time but i think you can play a much more fluid soccer.

Going back to the demo!

Last edited:
Right, I'm going to play a couple of games against the CPU, and a couple of games against dad and possibly the brother-in-law. I'll report back when I've got a solid feeling of the game.

France v Germany at the Wankdorf Stadium, let's get it on.

Commentary is there, that's different for a FIFA demo!

Last edited:
Just played one match.

WOW.

The close-ups are AMAZING - the managers facial expressions are incredible. I am very excited, more to come. :)

Ah so YOU'RE the Amarcord on my list. Was wondering who that is hehe. Keep the impressions coming!

Well initial impressions are, not impressed! :|

The response times only seem to be better if you're walking, extremely slowly, with nobody on you. In important situations the response times seem exactly the same to me. I pressed pass just after the half-way line with a man on me and although he was fractionally quicker it was still slow enough for the CPU to knock me over and take the ball before the guy kicked it. Fouls are the same, I've just took out three men from behind with no chance of getting the ball, two yellows and a "ticking off" - no red card. And the movement is very PES-ish to me, doesn't look like it did before.

I've only played one half so I'll report back later but so far I'm not seeing a massive difference!

EDIT: No I beg your pardon, crosses are a lot quicker to be whipped in, but there's still a delay when passing for me sometimes - especially when there's a man on you and it "wants to give them a chance". Shooting seems a bit more accurate as well, just placed a ball right in the corner. But I still don't think it's a massive step-up.

Last edited:
Two halves, 2 mins, semi-pro, France v Germany, Wankdorf Stadium.

The crowd is still motionless as well, God that's annoying.

Holy crap, the closeups of the players, their faces and their shirts in the rain, are amazing.

Ah no, I'll give the response times stuff it's due now - I was looking at passing response only, which I still think is off when you've got someone on you. In other areas it is a LOT better - when you cross it it's whipped in straight away, and when you're running and you take your finger off the sprint button, he stops running straight away, which gives you more control.

It is a better game, and the goalkeepers seem ever-so-slightly better, but I'm not happy about them removing the tactical options bit with defensive line etc... I need that.

One thing that's really getting to me is sliding tackles - five times there's been a guy there with the ball, I've been right in-front of him, I've pressed sliding tackle and the guy has MISSED him. All he's had to do is slide forwards, and he's slid sideways. He's right there, in-front of you, are you blind? It's let them in to score over and over, and I can't explain why the game is doing it.

EDIT: Bitter, I was just about to say, on fully manual the player switching seems a lot more accurate to me! :eh:

I LOVE this so far. Really impressed. Shooting is the best it's ever been in an EA game.

I agree with Jack on close-ups: WOW :shock:

And yes, you can control celebrations.

They're only getting past me because the players refuse to tackle them - it's like they've been told the referee is on a rampage before the game has started, they miss them quite blatantly on purpose. Unless you have to "aim" your tackles now or something!

I just noticed in the demo blurb it says shipping May 19th...
Say fucking WHAT...

Considering this is only a FILLER game before FIFA 09, it is brilliant. The gameplay is much smoother, the players control the ball much better, the shooting is better, we now have weather, the commentary and sound effects are still brilliant, we can perform celebrations, whipping in crosses just looks AND feels real.

Absolutely LOVE it - roll on April! :)

Back
Top Bottom