UEFA Euro 2008

DAMNIT I HATE MY RROD 360!

They better give me some complementary gold live time when i get it back microsoft the twits

can u download it on a silver account?

I'm at work now. Can't check at the moment but I doubt it is out here. I'll check that when I get home or maybe someone fromt the US is home now and can check.

becanes i downloaded via my usa account :) game is a step up from fifa 08, response times are very much improved, now you can actually beat a player with out crashing thru them.. still havent scored, think im gonna be late to work :)

Becanes, atmosphere is the same to me, apart from whistles in the last few minutes and the national anthems. It's funny when you win and you get the national anthem, I won as France before. "Pom pom pom POM POM POM POM POOOOOOOM POM POM..."

Just got to say, played 10 matches against dad. Just got one thing to say. It is a million times better in multiplayer.

The passing is a lot more reactive, you can put together such great moves. Even dad is passing it around like he's playing in his sleep. But it's not just the passing - I dribbled around three players to score before, without the button lag you can do AMAZING things. A dink with the RAS past one, slowed down and dummied the second, another dink past the third, and WHACK, past the keeper.

The game is so much more reactive you feel like it's "playing fair", but not just that - there's so much you can't explain without you "feeling" it. I did a lofted pass before, I let the player touch it down with his foot, and it was just a perfect bring-down inside. But as soon as you press pass, it leaves his foot. It just feels so NATURAL.

The shooting is so much more deadly as well, and the goalkeepers haven't fucked me over yet. Against the CPU I think it's great, but against another human you can put together some moves and REALLY humiliate them. It's just a fantastic game.

As with the countless mid-season versions of Winning Eleven, it's only small tweaks, but as a whole they add up to make the game so much better that it's like playing the original minus all the sluggishness. So that's well worth the money IMO.

It's just a delicious experience, great stuff.

EDIT: Forgot to say, I put FIFA in shortly after playing the Euro demo for 10+ matches to play dad. We both said, after five minutes game-time, "we can't play this any more". It's like playing it on a Commodore 64, it's sluggish beyond belief.

Last edited:
i think the player switching is dodgey

it takes me to the wrong player and doesn't feel right

anyone else noticed this, or even think its ok?

Yes Saunders, passing meter is awesome!

I can't go back to FIFA after playing this - Euro 2008 is far better and so much more responsive. :(

I remember when I went through this with the 08 demo with you lot:)

Now my 360 died and I'm a twat just reading your impressions :(

i think the player switching is dodgey

it takes me to the wrong player and doesn't feel right

anyone else noticed this, or even think its ok?
Like I said before, I've put it on fully manual, and it's great for me. Hasn't locked up once and has always selected the right guy. Can't complain - but I've been playing mostly against human opposition.

wait am i the only one who has noticed the passing meter! its sweet!
Yep, fills up quickly so it doesn't take half an hour to hit a HARD pass.

It's one of those games that grows on you, first few matches I wasn't impressed at all, and now FIFA plays like shit in comparison.

R.I.P

new_fifa08_thumb.jpg

The King Is Dead! Long Live The KING!

euro_08_logo_neu.jpg

I NEVER had any doubts. Like I said, UEFA Champs league showed LOTS of promise, FIFA 08 was brilliant, this was only going to be improved...

Interesting. Everyone is loving this it seems, the same as when 08 came out. I wonder if the attraction will wear off after a while and it'll start to grate on people. I'll be buying it if I manage to get some money, I still need to get R6V2 though :(

Becanes, atmosphere is the same to me, apart from whistles in the last few minutes and the national anthems. It's funny when you win and you get the national anthem, I won as France before. "Pom pom pom POM POM POM POM POOOOOOOM POM POM..."

Just got to say, played 10 matches against dad. Just got one thing to say. It is a million times better in multiplayer.

The passing is a lot more reactive, you can put together such great moves. Even dad is passing it around like he's playing in his sleep. But it's not just the passing - I dribbled around three players to score before, without the button lag you can do AMAZING things. A dink with the RAS past one, slowed down and dummied the second, another dink past the third, and WHACK, past the keeper.

The game is so much more reactive you feel like it's "playing fair", but not just that - there's so much you can't explain without you "feeling" it. I did a lofted pass before, I let the player touch it down with his foot, and it was just a perfect bring-down inside. But as soon as you press pass, it leaves his foot. It just feels so NATURAL.

The shooting is so much more deadly as well, and the goalkeepers haven't fucked me over yet. Against the CPU I think it's great, but against another human you can put together some moves and REALLY humiliate them. It's just a fantastic game.

As with the countless mid-season versions of Winning Eleven, it's only small tweaks, but as a whole they add up to make the game so much better that it's like playing the original minus all the sluggishness. So that's well worth the money IMO.

It's just a delicious experience, great stuff.

EDIT: Forgot to say, I put FIFA in shortly after playing the Euro demo for 10+ matches to play dad. We both said, after five minutes game-time, "we can't play this any more". It's like playing it on a Commodore 64, it's sluggish beyond belief.

Great impressions there Jack. I want to go home now. May have to call the wife and see if she can download it for me so it's ready when I get home. Keep up with the impressions.

Question: Are the tricks easier to do? Atleast the easy ones? Meaning are they more responsive to the RAS.

Interesting. Everyone is loving this it seems, the same as when 08 came out. I wonder if the attraction will wear off after a while and it'll start to grate on people. I'll be buying it if I manage to get some money, I still need to get R6V2 though :(

I think only you hated FIFA after a while though mate. All of us still play it. :)

The responsivess is lovely on this. I can twist and turn and pass faster than Fifa 08. Man im so loving this.

What's the stupid metres above the players heads that I've seen in a video? Are they energy bars or the passing metres you have just mentioned?

Aren't they annoying? I hate having bars across players heads it just looks stupid and unrealistic.

Passing meters - no they're not annoying. Might be able to turn them off though, I haven't checked. :)

Great impressions there Jack. I want to go home now. May have to call the wife and see if she can download it for me so it's ready when I get home. Keep up with the impressions.

Question: Are the tricks easier to do? Atleast the easy ones? Meaning are they more responsive to the RAS.
Tricks isn't something I've ever been able to master, I'd say they're the same but they're a lot quicker to access, meaning that you can string them better a lot more easily.

It makes such a change approaching a defender and skinning him perfectly, rather than pressing it and waiting for a couple of seconds, hoping and praying he doesn't move into the path you've chosen to knock the ball into. Tricks and knock-aheads have never been implemented into a football game so well.

Just a brilliant game. CW has pointed out that there's no 5v5 option in the Xbox Live menu though - can't stand that mode myself though, so I'm not worried. :)

Great game

some plus points are

more responsive
Harder crosses
and power bars for passing and through balls which allows you to make superb passes

also the presentation is second to none

ill play multiplayer later to see if the goalies rush out and if you get red carded for a chop when through on goal

Passing meters - no they're not annoying. Might be able to turn them off though, I haven't checked. :)

So they only appear over the players head who has the ball once you have pressed the pass button? That's not so bad then I guess.

The responsivess is lovely on this. I can twist and turn and pass faster than Fifa 08. Man im so loving this.

That's it really. If the responsiveness is fixed up, it'll be a SUPERB game, I'm sure. 08 was brilliant but it really pissed me off not doing what I wanted it to do. If this has been tuned ... I can't wait :)

You're right Jack, 5v5 is only fun when there are 5 of you online at the same time who play well together.

I've had two or three brilliant games with Kevano, Bitter, Noted & DJ but that's it.

anyone notice any new skill moves. I saw a new one where u tap diagonally back/up or diagonally back/down twice fast and it does sort of a quick chip to the left or right.

Dags this IS finely tuned - I reckon you'll love it.

I am gonna trade FIFA 08 later next week while it's still worth something.

Back
Top Bottom