UEFA Euro 2008

Why I don't like it is the defending, I can never seem to tackle the opponent. I am just using run+tackle button? Am I supposed to press something else?

Defending against the cpu is non-existent as a gameplay element. You have to use the call another defender button and let them do your defending. The cpu players are scripted to skip away from all your tackles, so save your energy and your sanity.

The jostle button isn't worth shit against the cpu as you can't get close enough to jostle and it slows you down to a crawl.

However, it's much better against another human.

Defending against the cpu is non-existent as a gameplay element. You have to use the call another defender button and let them do your defending. The cpu players are scripted to skip away from all your tackles, so save your energy and your sanity.

The jostle button isn't worth shit against the cpu as you can't get close enough to jostle and it slows you down to a crawl.

However, it's much better against another human.
Thanks, I'll try that

well i played two games against the cpu, i can see that i probably wont like that mode, couldnt get onto the ea servers, then all of the sudden blamo, i could, i started a tounrey online and well i have to say my first match was brilliant. He was france I was england, I won 1-0, But the build up play was top notch, no longer did the game consist of chasing the ball around and getting stuffed when you know you pressed the button like in fifa. Now of course i have only played one game, but i like it... why did a bunch of you stop playing this?

Because 90% of the goals were the same by the end - whack the ball hard enough, keeper will deflect it, someone will tap it in for a goal.

When it started off it was great but like with any other sports game, once people knew the glitches, it changed completely. People started shooting from miles out knowing that the keeper will spill it, and if they've got a player far enough up the pitch he'll just tap it in. Really fucking annoying when I think the rest of the game is pretty solid, I even like the hard-as-fuck defending (and I'm sure I'm the only one).

When it started off it was great but like with any other sports game, once people knew the glitches, it changed completely. People started shooting from miles out knowing that the keeper will spill it, and if they've got a player far enough up the pitch he'll just tap it in. Really fucking annoying when I think the rest of the game is pretty solid, I even like the hard-as-fuck defending (and I'm sure I'm the only one).

nah jack im with you, i liked the defending, it seemend its alot more tacticall, where in 08 its button and trigger mashing.... well lucky for me, i always have 4 to 8 mates who get together on a regular basis to play fifa, and im sure we will all love playing this and we are all too stoned or drunk to ever realize glitches, much less actually take advantage of them.. for instance, the only place i have ever heard complaints about cut back goals, is on this forum. we did those all the time in PES and no one really ever got mad or said anything...

nah jack im with you, i liked the defending, it seemend its alot more tacticall, where in 08 its button and trigger mashing.... well lucky for me, i always have 4 to 8 mates who get together on a regular basis to play fifa, and im sure we will all love playing this and we are all too stoned or drunk to ever realize glitches, much less actually take advantage of them.. for instance, the only place i have ever heard complaints about cut back goals, is on this forum. we did those all the time in PES and no one really ever got mad or said anything...

Hey Gomito, have you picked up this game yet? will be picking mine up this Friday. I'll send you an evite so we can play online.

Also, I noticed what a bad start DC United has had thus far, they should have never gotten rid of Gomez. I will be attending their game at RFK this Saturday. Hope they win.

Defending in multi-player is fine, it's only against the cpu that it is a game killer. I think you'll really love playing it multi-player, particularly when under the influence. FIFA09 should be a gem of a game, so long as they bring back 5v5.

Defending in multi-player is fine, it's only against the cpu that it is a game killer. I think you'll really love playing it multi-player, particularly when under the influence. FIFA09 should be a gem of a game, so long as they bring back 5v5.

god i hope so, cause right now i think i hate the online gaming aspect of it as well.... i have played 4 matches now and none of been that great... except the first one

Hey Gomito, have you picked up this game yet? will be picking mine up this Friday. I'll send you an evite so we can play online.

Also, I noticed what a bad start DC United has had thus far, they should have never gotten rid of Gomez. I will be attending their game at RFK this Saturday. Hope they win.

yes, hold off on this till firday for sure, im playing with my boys thursday in 2 v 2, right now 1 vs cpu , not so good, and now 1 vs 1 online, not so good...

right now i fucking hate this game, i havent played cyc, but online response times seem worse! crossing seems shittier, shooting is different, wtf, now i can see why some guys dont play it, but i havent seen at all what jack was talking about, check it out for yourself... im not liking it at all right now, they threw the physics out the window too from 08

CYC is the best part of the game, I think (and Rag does as well). I know others have found flaws but I don't really notice too much wrong with it. Online was decent at the start but is now a waste of time.

right now i fucking hate this game, i havent played cyc, but online response times seem worse! crossing seems shittier, shooting is different, wtf, now i can see why some guys dont play it, but i havent seen at all what jack was talking about, check it out for yourself... im not liking it at all right now, they threw the physics out the window too from 08

That's a darn shame. Darn it! one step forward, and 2 backwards. I think I'll rent it first. Thanks Gomito.

u guys are creaming your pants when the game comes out and then all of a sudden u get over it, happens everytime, i actually like this game, keeper spills the ball but not every time, the one thing that i find annoying though is the cutbacks online, anyone is free to score however they like but cutback after cutback gets a bit boring

Brother gave me his copy at the weekend, finished the captain your country mode... bit shit that my guy was rated 50-60 and was keeping lampard out of the squad!

Would have liked to have had to play more friendly games to boost my rating so i was of some use to the england squad - but i still ended up the player of the tournament and scored 10 goals in my career.

But now thats done there no real point in me playing any of the other modes so I'm going to trade it and pick up Haze.

To me this game is very good, sure it's gimmicky and only has limited teams but you are able to play some excellent football on this which FIFa 08' doesn't allow you to. As for Jacks complaint about all goals being rebounds then this is totally wrong, I have scored loads of different goals and yes some rebounds but nowhere to the extent of it being a problem.

Anyone else found that the finese shots have changed a bit on this? I used to be able to bend some fuckin spankers in on Fifa '08 but have struggled so far on this to even get one on target. The shootings different...it's gay, i preferred it on '08, cos if you're shooting with your bad foot, you're more likely to slice it or get no power...but on this it just bends like a banana n goes really high.

I'm enjoying it tho tbh, i've played some absolute fuckin whoppers online who just constantly cut back - but it's always nice when u score n rub it in their face with a nice celebration :) - but i've also played some quality peeps n had some ace games.
I played a lad who was greece the other day and literally played like Greece '04, defended very deep and just attacked when he could (i was only Czech rep, so wasn't busting with skill n pace)...same he quit when i scored in 90th min :)

CYC is ace, loving that.

I've got some of you on my friends list already but anyone i haven't, feel free to add me - i'm on quite a lot 5-8 uk time and quite fancy playin people who aren't prats.

Does anybody not find the camera cannot keep up with play, and does some very strange jerking on goalkicks and long balls?

Also the ball physics are a step back from 08.

Somtimes yeh, it's more noticable on corners n such than in open play though.
The ball physics on 1on1's is pretty decent i think, seems to rebound about like it should.

I am looking after a friends PS3 at the moment and he got this just before he gave me it. Here are my thoughts...

CYC was good, even though I never actually made it to Captain :-P, but Scotland beat England 1-0 in the final with my fine goal.

I still play online occasionally, but last night put me off it a bit as a guy scored 1 minute into play by tapping it to his striker and hoofing it from the half way line over my goalie who never even moved.

I would say that I actually prefer FIFA 08 to UEFA, I think it actually feels and plays like a better game, though I do like the celebration thing.

Cheers

i was playing becanes lastnight, quite alot of games actually and we had a right laff with the celebrations

becanes makes the celebrations that bit more fun...

i really think this is a step back from fifa... the demo was so much better and seemend way more fluid... i hope fifa 09 does not go this way

Back
Top Bottom