UEFA Euro 2008

thanks, now please tell me about the fps in the game ;))

tested it yesterday, its much more fluid. really great game.
even in replays the stuttering is almost gone (ps3).
also the stuttering when the box is heavily crowded in big stadiums on rainy days is gone.
very fluid gameplay now.

//edit: is it just me or is the defending with :L2:+:X: slightly easier?

Last edited:
ive gotta say

been about a week since i played euro after spending most my time on gta, went back to euro tonite for a few games and i absolutely loved the gameplay, its definetely the best football game i have played, i dont understand how some people like fifa 08 better, maybe for club teams but gameplay wise uefa is much better

tested it yesterday, its much more fluid. really great game.
even in replays the stuttering is almost gone (ps3).
also the stuttering when the box is heavily crowded in big stadiums on rainy days is gone.
very fluid gameplay now.

//edit: is it just me or is the defending with :L2:+:X: slightly easier?

hmm, that's strange, cause in rainy Wembley there is still a lot of stutter for me

hmm, that's strange, cause in rainy Wembley there is still a lot of stutter for me

i have a suggestion for the ps3-settings try them out:
goto the systems- menue somewhere under display-options turn:

rgb hdmi to "limited"
superwhite "off"

don't know the exact spelling but you'll find it.
the game really runs smooth for me i know what i'm talking about ;)

btw, how do you measure fps in ps3-games?

i have a suggestion for the ps3-settings try them out:
goto the systems- menue somewhere under display-options turn:

rgb hdmi to "limited"
superwhite "off"

don't know the exact spelling but you'll find it.
the game really runs smooth for me i know what i'm talking about ;)

btw, how do you measure fps in ps3-games?

thx, I will try those settings

why do you suppose they will change the stutter/slow downs

I am not exactly measuring the fps, but my eyes do tell me if a game runs fluid or stutters ;))

thx, I will try those settings

why do you suppose they will change the stutter/slow downs

I am not exactly measuring the fps, but my eyes do tell me if a game runs fluid or stutters ;))

...because when i turn these two options to on/full-rgb i have stuttering, too ;)

i got the full game only yesterday(PS3)
really liked the gameplay, except one thing...the GKS are all NINJAS!?
i mean, has anyone able to score in a decent way from outside the box(except a cracking bomb into the top corner) or at least inside the box but before the penalty mark?
has anyone seen a low shot get in from outside the box?

i havent..im only seen 3 types of goals in this game:
1-crosses(header, volleys etc..)
2-One to one with the keeper
3-rebound(thats the one that i see the most)

now ive tried all 3 shooting assiting types..didnt help a bit..
this is definatly a gamebreaker for me :(

the nija keepers annoy me really really much, cause evan when u make a great play and u crack one out of the box, they take your goal now thats ok, but its not ok to happen everysingle time.

I'm going to give up soon, the defending is fucking annoying me! I felt like throwing my controller into the plasma, like I nearly did with FIFA 08s slow reaction times...

The attacking is bloody amazing though, just great!

I'm going to give up soon, the defending is fucking annoying me! I felt like throwing my controller into the plasma, like I nearly did with FIFA 08s slow reaction times...

The attacking is bloody amazing though, just great!

what about the shooting/GK like i mentioned before?
im really frustated with it right now

I don't have any problem scoring from outside the box now and then. It's a matter of practice and adjusting the power. Low shots from outside the box are nearly impossible (in Fifa 08 I managed to score that way).

But the problem you mention about goalkeepers is in fact because of a great accuracy on shooting. I'll explain: most of the shots go to the target, thus making it necessary to have supergoalkeepers to prevent high and unrealistic scores. In my opinion shooting should always be manual, completely analogic and player balance and physisc would make it hard to get the target. That way, goalkeepers wouldn't need to be ninjas. But I know a lot of people would start moaning "shooting is crap because it's to hard". At the end, some people just want the game to do everything by itself. Just like people taking France and running with Henry or playing PES 5 with Adriano and shooting (and scoring again and again) from 35 meters.

Oh, just train yourself in manual shooting, is much much better and satisfying (thouguh fustrating at the beginning).

I don't have any problem scoring from outside the box now and then. It's a matter of practice and adjusting the power. Low shots from outside the box are nearly impossible (in Fifa 08 I managed to score that way).

But the problem you mention about goalkeepers is in fact because of a great accuracy on shooting. I'll explain: most of the shots go to the target, thus making it necessary to have supergoalkeepers to prevent high and unrealistic scores. In my opinion shooting should always be manual, completely analogic and player balance and physisc would make it hard to get the target. That way, goalkeepers wouldn't need to be ninjas. But I know a lot of people would start moaning "shooting is crap because it's to hard". At the end, some people just want the game to do everything by itself. Just like people taking France and running with Henry or playing PES 5 with Adriano and shooting (and scoring again and again) from 35 meters.

Oh, just train yourself in manual shooting, is much much better and satisfying (thouguh fustrating at the beginning).

you play with all manual settings? so it's another game...:DD

great post!

ill try manual shooting..do the keepers act more like humans with it?

Have EA sorted out the refs?

Will the last man get a straight red for brining down an opposition player?

Oh Dear...

I really hope it's sorted out for Fifa 09. It REALLY pisses me off online.

I'm clean through on goal, only to find myself being hacked down from behind. No card, just a freekick. Bollox!

sort it out EA! :brick:

I wouldn't, I've not seen a red card online. The referees are better but I'd say it was a fractional improvement - but you're the referee so you should know. ;)

I'm thinking twice about buying this game after reading some of the posts on here. Looks like the fun factor won't last that long. I think I'll rent it instead.
for me euro 08 is alot better then fifa. try it and see for yourselve. i could never go back to that slow paced unresponsive fifa 08 anymore. this plays at the perfect pace and the animations and flair is spot on.

i do not know why these lot dont like it but never piss on a game based on what people say. you yourself may love it just like i do

Why I don't like it is the defending, I can never seem to tackle the opponent. I am just using run+tackle button? Am I supposed to press something else?

There's a jostle button you can use to block their path, it slows you down to a crawl but if you defend without it (especially on corners) you're fucked.

It's LT on my config but it can be LB on some configs I think.

for me euro 08 is alot better then fifa. try it and see for yourselve. i could never go back to that slow paced unresponsive fifa 08 anymore. this plays at the perfect pace and the animations and flair is spot on.

i do not know why these lot dont like it but never piss on a game based on what people say. you yourself may love it just like i do

Thanks jonneymendoza, will definataley give it a fair try.

Back
Top Bottom