UEFA Euro 2008

Give up ;))

Even Andorra and Kazakhstan are masters at holding the ball up and stringing together passes.

I can't defend!!!

Maybe I am playing it like PES were my reaction was to run to the atacker to tackle them, instead of waiting for them to come. The CPU holds the ball so well, it bloody annoys me.
Any tips?
Indeed, it isn't you. I have the same problem. We already concluded that the game is not in balance about defending/attacking. Defence is much harder than attack.

hi u lot. i got this on the ps3 and i can see why u lot like it. its amazing! but how can i use the dpad instead of the analoge to move my players so i can play it proper PRO EVO style?

It is stupid that people still play with d-pad ;)). Why would you want to use an 8 way d-pad when you've got a 360 degree analog stick? :SS

Im surprised they come with D-pads these days

if you want to play with a d-pad you my as well take another step back and get one of these

joystick.jpg

Fuck. Just had the best game so far online on UEFA Euro. As always I played with Luxembourg, agianst Spain. 0-3 in half time, so I figured, what the hell. 3-4-3 (surprisingly Luxembourg have a very fast left midfielder, who did a very good job as attacking winger) and all out attack. He had most of the ball, but I kept very high pressure and in the 67th minute I scored 1-3 via a header by Crossette. 73th minute, a corner ended up in an own goal after a header in the bar (I would have scored if he hadn't).

In the 78th minute I was so fucking close to score my best goal when a cross from halfpitch reached a winger who made a run in to the box. Volley. And a fucking unbelivable save from Casillas. Two minutes later, the 360 told me to "Reconnect your controller"(and then automaticly reconnected five seconds later, and it's not becuase of the batteries) and he scored.

90th minute I managed to score a beautiful when Crossette vollyed in a cross low in the left corner. After kick off the ref blew his whisstle.

is it just the ps3 users or in the 360 too? whenever i beating someone to death in euro 08 online they quit before the final whistle

Just lost 4-3 with Spain against Liechtenstein after beating France 8-0. This was on semi-pro. Just wanted to tell you this as I believe it's harder to beat a bad team than a good team.

About playing with dpad. It's not a matter of choice. It's a matter of gameplay. This game is brilliant with everything put to manual (except passing on semi, I'd say) and a dpad has only 8 directions thus limiting your choices.

Even if manual settings feel a little scripted and sometimes you feel you can only pass in 8 directions, once you master the controls you notice that making aslight angle or another does have a real influence on wether the pass is going straight to the feet or some meters in front of him to let him run to the ball.

It's all a matter of mastering the stick. When I bought my first ps2, 3 years ago, I absolutely hated the dpad because I had always played with keyboard. Dpad is a shit compared to keyborad, but has the benefit of being in a much lighter and comfortable controller. The stick has the analogical aiming benefit and in my opinion, a football game that could be played with dpad nowadays would surprise and deceive me.

Will EA be releasing a patch for this? because its a disgrace if they don't. Putting the lack of licenses aside, the official teams(Portugal,Italy etc.)either have missing kits or old kits and not to mention EA haven't bothered making keepers kits :MAD:

Does anyone know if they will?

Will EA be releasing a patch for this? because its a disgrace if they don't. Putting the lack of licenses aside, the official teams(Portugal,Italy etc.)either have missing kits or old kits and not to mention EA haven't bothered making keepers kits :MAD:

Does anyone know if they will?

They never release patches for kits or graphics for FIAF so my guess is no.

It is stupid that people still play with d-pad ;)). Why would you want to use an 8 way d-pad when you've got a 360 degree analog stick? :SS

yea exactly. i prefer the dpad has its more accurate and pin point for me

Certainly using the 360 analog is better, but, what is the point in using it when the game isn't exactly using 360 degrees? Players certainly do not pass or turn 360 yet. Still feels like its on 8 directions only.

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH, this is doing my nut in now. I truly love this game i really do but why the hell don't the CPU commit more fowls in this game (or in Fifa 08). You only have to give the opposition a dirty look and you get pulled up for it, whereas the CPU can half murder you (if that's possible) and nothing, zippo - its so unfair. Its the only thing IMO that really spoils this otherwise great game. I also agree though with the post that says that its harder to beat the smaller teams than top teams!. I love it, but I'm very frustrated!.:))

Let EA Know What You Think of EURO 2008

Jump onto the EA Community site for UEFA EURO 2008 and give your feedback.

FIFPlay.com has opened a new feedbacks/comments page at its website to let EA Sports football videogames fans writing their reviews, feedbacks or comments on UEFA EURO 2008 online.

Everyone can write his/her thoughts and ideas about the recently released EURO 2008 game at this page. Submitted feedbacks and comments will be sent to EA developers from FIFPlay.

FIFPlay's UEFA EURO 2008 Feedback page is accessible under URL: http://www.fifplay.com/euro2008_feedbacks.

Who play with Manual Controls (crossing, shooting, etc..)? I want to create a clan for Ps3 manual players... anyone interested?

Back
Top Bottom