UEFA Euro 2008

after getting sick of lag online, i went back online yesterday after about 4 days.

played about 6 games, all basically lag free except one, where the guy quit a few seconds before i was, about 10 minutes in.

wondering if they've bumped the servers?

till yesterday this game was only going to played when brother back from uni, but good connection brings this game in to its own....

funnily enough, i left the game for a few days cos of button lag, came back on yesterday and 4 games have been playable

Maybe the lag is not always the fault of the servers, but also from gamers with a bad connection, or even worse, users who make the connection bad by starting a huge download/upload during play. Cheaters are everywhere :SS

Maybe the lag is not always the fault of the servers, but also from gamers with a bad connection, or even worse, users who make the connection bad by starting a huge download/upload during play. Cheaters are everywhere :SS
I played three people yesterday who are reasonably close to where I live, all of them are decent guys and not cheats. And they were all in slow-motion.

I played three people yesterday who are reasonably close to where I live, all of them are decent guys and not cheats. And they were all in slow-motion.

yea, same here

i can live with randomers having poor connections, but not people on my list or from here

the servers are at fault as far as i am concerned

Seems to be very hard to make a football-game with a consistent good connection then... Both konami and EA have problems with it!

What's most annoying Han is that FIFA wasn't as bad as this. It was programmed with response time issues, so online it was the same - whereas with this it's programmed with great response times but as soon as you get online they're disgraceful.

I don't think it's the programming, I've read a few times now that the development team wants the servers sorting and the people at EA who pay for the servers say no, because they don't think the amount of copies Euro has sold warrants it.

What's most annoying Han is that FIFA wasn't as bad as this. It was programmed with response time issues, so online it was the same - whereas with this it's programmed with great response times but as soon as you get online they're disgraceful.

I don't think it's the programming, I've read a few times now that the development team wants the servers sorting and the people at EA who pay for the servers say no, because they don't think the amount of copies Euro has sold warrants it.

i would have to disagree with your first line, as much as fifa 08 had response slowness offline, that was greatly increased online when it had a poor connection i think

the same is happening to euro 08

they must be using the same online code etc

I've had a few games today ( sickie ) and they were all fine except my game with Bitter which seemed to run slow? It wasn't jerky but everything seemed slow to me. I beat him 2-1 anyway ;)

I've had a few games today ( sickie ) and they were all fine except my game with Bitter which seemed to run slow? It wasn't jerky but everything seemed slow to me. I beat him 2-1 anyway ;)

it was slow, but always is for me against you

hard to defend against fast players when it's slow like that

played a game against a random after jayd and that was smooth, fast and fine

Last edited:
i think this game is brilliant, gta is a bit over rated to be honest, not the leap i expected

totally agree - it's fun but just seems bigger with better lighting.

Euphoria aside, there's nothing that really screams next gen to me.....even the missions are just a rehash so far...

Any word on a patch? If not I doubt I'll bother buying this......

Placebo - I think you're right to think this - it's flawed in so many areas and the CPU cheating is on a par with anything from PES days. There are moments in the game when you *just* know the CPU has decided to score already........

i think this game is brilliant, gta is a bit over rated to be honest, not the leap i expected

totally agree - it's fun but just seems bigger with better lighting.

Euphoria aside, there's nothing that really screams next gen to me.....even the missions are just a rehash so far...

Totally agree - so far - I'm going to give it a really good go but early impressions are that it's a bit boring.

Amazing how hype can affect us isn't it?

It cant be just hype if millions of people are loving the game

if you made a poll here i bet you 3 would be the only ones disappointed :))

What happens to me with gta IV is that WHILE I'm playing missions, I'm not consciously enjoying them. I mean, I don't feel as fun while at it. Then, when I don't play, it's the opposite, I remember the impressive things that happened and how fun was it and months after I miss the game a lot and have the feeling it was the best one.

With Euro, it's just the opposite. My first matches have always the feeling of amazingness, but, it wears after 2 or 3 matches and later on I don't remember it as being as fun. I even find myself considering to put the game or not sometimes, and when I decide i'll do it, the first match is always impressive and then it starts to go down.

Funny how the things can change so much and how the mind plays with us, isn't it?

What happens to me with gta IV is that WHILE I'm playing missions, I'm not consciously enjoying them. I mean, I don't feel as fun while at it. Then, when I don't play, it's the opposite, I remember the impressive things that happened and how fun was it and months after I miss the game a lot and have the feeling it was the best one.

With Euro, it's just the opposite. My first matches have always the feeling of amazingness, but, it wears after 2 or 3 matches and later on I don't remember it as being as fun. I even find myself considering to put the game or not sometimes, and when I decide i'll do it, the first match is always impressive and then it starts to go down.

Funny how the things can change so much and how the mind plays with us, isn't it?

That is spot on - that's exactly where my mind is too.

I haven't stopped talking about GTA today in work, but last night it was like having a w*nk for the sake of it. End result achieived but didn't really enjoy it. :-D

I don't have GTA4 but, although I enjoyed GTA1, found GTA2 and 3 became very boring very quickly because it felt like just more of the same, albeit it had gone 3D by then.

Is GTA4 the same thing, then? You get a feeling you've done it all before, it's just bigger and nicer to look at now?

Do the cars have anything other than floating-behind and bumper view? ie. is there a cockpit view so you feel like you're inside the car driving it?

What's on-line play like? That might be the one thing that tempts me to buy it if on-line play is out of this world and revolutionary.

Guys, wrong thread. This is for Euro 2008, please go to the relevant GTA IV threads if you wanna discuss GTA! Thanks.

What's on-line play like? That might be the one thing that tempts me to buy it if on-line play is out of this world and revolutionary.

Sorry tim but that has to be answered

Online play is truly Next-Gen

from the modes, to the options to the stunning view distances and graphics.

all with zero slowdown

and back to Euro i really need to start playing it again, i aint played it for about 10 days so i am gonna be really really bad when i play in the league

Just started playing this on Semi-Pro, the response times are waaayyyy better, I gave up on FIFA08 because it frustrated me.

Anyway, I can never seem to get a header from a corner, any tips?

Just started playing this on Semi-Pro, the response times are waaayyyy better, I gave up on FIFA08 because it frustrated me.

Anyway, I can never seem to get a header from a corner, any tips?

Send it deep - like 3/4's at least and there's a good chance you can get a header back across goal for a little nod in (or even a diving header at the back post straight at goal).

quick question guys

how do you do the finesse shot? i know in pro evo it was R2+shot what is it in this game?

This thread gone has REALLY quiet it feels like? FIFA 08's thread was busy for ages, is everyone getting bored or sold their copy?

Back
Top Bottom