UEFA Euro 2008

GTA fever has struck. I haven't had another disc in since GTA went in my 360 at about 12:30am on Tuesday morning.

GTA has quietened the whole FORUMS, not just this one thread.

Usually when I'm off for 24 hours it takes me 1-2 hours to catch up on everything. This morning it was literally 10 minutes.

Incidentally, I was only away for 24 hours because of GTA. It is the best game I've ever played. It is actually going to be an effort putting any other game in for the next week or two.

I don't see what's somuch fun about GTA: Did read some ( overrated? ) reviews and watched some movies, but it simply isn't my game.
.... back to Civilization ;)

I don't see what's somuch fun about GTA: Did read some ( overrated? ) reviews and watched some movies, but it simply isn't my game.
.... back to Civilization ;)

i love civ to han, great game. But i have to agree with the other guys, the forum has gone quiet cause GTA is the best game i have ever played. I never fully enjoyed the other versions cause of naggin issues, this one perfected all of those issues. I love it.

I'm just playing thi, won the Euro 08 with Portugal :)

My highest scoring game was the final when I won 5-0 agianst Spain :)
I am on Semi-Pro though, so will move up soon.

We won't all agree mate, neither will you, it's total personal preference so it's a stupid question. I think it pisses all over FIFA from a great height, but Kevano has already sold his.

Gave the demo a run for the first time( i didn't want to spoil 08 as i had got it 2 weeks before this came out) and the reaction times are the clear big improvement i can actually do tricks affectively and so on and i cab also see the reason why some were calling 08 "sluggish" in comparison, seeing as most have said the reaction times have gone down in the full version I'll stick with 08 until 09 probably or get it when i get fed up of 08

the reaction times havn't gone down at all they are perfect...anyone know how to get the forwards and midfielders to sprint ahead so you can do more effective through passes..i have selected runs and am playing on a 4-4-2

the AI anticipation while defending is non existant, the number of times they just stand there like statues is really pissing me off. they dont even make a move towards the ball its really poor.

This is where pes pisses all over fifa, on pes the AI would anticipate which man you would change to and start them moving towards the ball or at least into a position where you can defend, on Euro this doesnt happen nearly enough, you are to often left trying to defend a threw ball or corner from a standing start.

i'm not enjoying it as much, don't know why.....hard to put my finger on it

also chaps was playing the game on my ps3, and then it froze??

turned it off and on

now it's saying

"cannot start, the correct hard disk was not found"

tried turning it on and off and it's just giving me the same message??? WTF

Last edited:
Re: UEFA Euro 2008 (360) Online League Results Thread

I played yesterday 5 straight hours offline multiplayer with my friends, and I would say only 15% of the goals could be blamed to the goalkeeper. But we play with all on manual and offline and maybe that makes a difference! I can't stand the game anymore in any other way, so we only will play it once or twice a month. But it was great and I reaffirm my initial impression that is the best football game in offline multiplayer with everything on manual!

The biggest let down for us is not being able to play the CPU teams in a tournament, which was possible on PES and let us play real EURO torunaments with 4 human controlled teams. Then we would play the CPU opponents. That MUST BE POSSIBLE on FIFA 09. It's #$%&·$%ing easy to do!

GTA has quietened the whole FORUMS, not just this one thread.

Usually when I'm off for 24 hours it takes me 1-2 hours to catch up on everything. This morning it was literally 10 minutes.

Incidentally, I was only away for 24 hours because of GTA. It is the best game I've ever played. It is actually going to be an effort putting any other game in for the next week or two.

It's because gta4 is arguably the best game ever made.

No sports game no other game has left me with the type of feeling that gta4 has so far....

Re: UEFA Euro 2008 (360) Online League Results Thread

I played yesterday 5 straight hours offline multiplayer with my friends, and I would say only 15% of the goals could be blamed to the goalkeeper. But we play with all on manual and offline and maybe that makes a difference! I can't stand the game anymore in any other way, so we only will play it once or twice a month. But it was great and I reaffirm my initial impression that is the best football game in offline multiplayer with everything on manual!

The biggest let down for us is not being able to play the CPU teams in a tournament, which was possible on PES and let us play real EURO torunaments with 4 human controlled teams. Then we would play the CPU opponents. That MUST BE POSSIBLE on FIFA 09. It's #$%&·$%ing easy to do!
This was put in the league results thread, don't know why because it's results only and you're not in the league, Drekkard. :mryellow: So I've moved it to the right place.

In response to your post - I've played offline with mates several times and it is almost a different game. Your average league result is 3-0 or more, all keeper errors - we've had 0-0s, 1-0s and 1-1s mostly, all well-worked goals. I think something has happened in playtesting that's made EA say, it's more important for the goalie to parry shots away online than hold shots that enter his hands "magically" on one end of the connection. Or something. Who knows.

So on a whim I downloaed the PC demo and... it's actually not that bad. In fact, I enjoyed it. It was nicely paced, great reaction times, and nothing annoyed me.

It's because gta4 is arguably the best game ever made.

No sports game no other game has left me with the type of feeling that gta4 has so far....

been playing it for 3 days now...
great game indeed, a totally diferent experience for me...
but , best game ever?
NO...
for me: mlb the show(any of them 06, 07 and 08)...that one fuc.ks my social life up.

we don't get this game for another two weeks here in the States.
I've been playing the demo from Xbox live and this game is brilliant.

I love the free passing system.

well,i played them on pc, but still,since fifa 07,08 and this i can't get to manage on how can i use my gamepad with this game. i even set up the key inside the control setting but still in game it fuck up. anyone know how?
my gamepad is saitek rumbleforce.

Guys I've been a long time pes fan well since the beginning...and the newest edition on the ps3 is utter s#it...I've had limited exposure to fifa 08 but ive spent some time playing the Euro 08 demo...the game seems very fluid...the control scheme sucks though...can you map out the buttons in the full game or are you stuck choosing from a few different options...the game to me seems much more responsive than fifa...something in between pes and fifa (which is a good thing), i feel that pes has gone too much the other way and now doesnt reward the hardcore gamer, it used to be a game that youd have to master now its just a pick up and play type of game (which i understand, great marketing but shitty game)...let me know your thoughts

can you map out the buttons in the full game or are you stuck choosing from a few different options
You're stuck choosing from four preset control schemes unfortunately.

I wouldn't even say PES has good marketing.
I think he means it's easier to market? Saying it's a "pick up and play" game rather than a "you have to spend every waking minute playing this to be any good at it" game.

I can't defend!!!

Maybe I am playing it like PES were my reaction was to run to the atacker to tackle them, instead of waiting for them to come. The CPU holds the ball so well, it bloody annoys me.
Any tips?

Back
Top Bottom