UEFA Euro 2008

In Euro an Andorran player can go on a 30yd dribble but he'll end up nowhere, in PES you get in position, press to stab-tackle and you fly backwards like you've just been flicked away by the "hand of God" (or should I say finger of God).

can someone try creating an unranked mate, invite someone to join and when they join the option to invite other people is still available

invite another person see if they can join, if so then its more than 1v1..

prob wont work, but apparently the option to invite is still applicable even when someone has joined

worth a try, i can't right now

It says on the back of the box that online play is up to eight people, someone said (Joe I'm 90% sure it was) that you can play 4v4 in unranked matches.

The closest thing to a lock on (this was in Fifa but I assume it'll be similar in Euro) is to repeatedly tap A when tracking an offensive player, it especially works well with cutbacks on the wing, stops your player from the momentum effect which makes it almost impossible to defend cutbacks. works for me anyway :)

It says on the back of the box that online play is up to eight people, someone said (Joe I'm 90% sure it was) that you can play 4v4 in unranked matches.

on the box it says online 2-8...

but there is no confirmation from EA on exactly what that means, upto now people have only managed to play 1v1 and there is no obvious way to play more than 1v1 on this game

so i am hopin it is something like invite people

360: 4 vs 4 online -> 2 consoles 4 players (gamertag + 3 guests) each
PS3: 7 vs 7 online -> 2 consoles 7 players (PSN + 6 guests) each

Haven't played nba2k8 so I don't know how it works but even the words "lock on" scare me a bit. It sounds like you don't actually do anything in terms of gameplay, but the cpu just makes your guy stick automatically to the opponent. Please enlighten me.

I haven't played PES in a long time but I don't recall having the same feeling of disappointment with the defensive system. The player physics in EURO08 goes to shit when it comes to defending, with obvious cpu cheats that make it unplayable. I know PES was a cpu cheat-fest but I don't remember it having this one. You could actually go in and challenge players....couldn't you?

you basically hold the lef trigger in, and your nba player will do what they call "face up" defense, basically you get on them like white on rice.. BUT if you the other guy is quick he can do a behind the back dribble to counteract this or a 360 spin dribble as well, that being said, the game is amazing, and thats just one of the reasons why... in soccer or football as you will, the face up defense would never work as the offender would just do a foundation or run past you. In bball it works cause the limation of dribbling in a tight area. I dont think you could implement this in football games cause it just doesnt happen in real life... players either force the offender to one side, or actually go in for the ball... if they faced up like in bball they would get burnend., the only time this would be done in football is on corner kicks, free kicks, and 50/50 balls in the air... and sometimes on forwards with there backs to goal.... (this might be a good feature) but not straight up with a man facing the goal and the defenders back to goal

you basically hold the lef trigger in, and your nba player will do what they call "face up" defense, basically you get on them like white on rice..

Presumably you mean in a face-to-face confrontation, really close but without actually touching each other?

Something along those lines is needed in Euro08, although perhpas not nose to nose in terms of how close the players get. You simply cannot get in close enough from face-on to any cpu player in order to be able to tackle. They all just skip away with a beautiful bit of skill that, in reality, Ronaldo would be proud of and wouldn't pull off every time.

It's clearly scripted that they perform this skill as soon as you move the LAS to move in. The script is such that the cpu guy gets a boost of speed and skill, skips away with a neat animation, then the program moves your guy in after this litte animation has played out and the cpu player has long gone.

The real problem is that every single cpu player has this exact same ability. In fact, it seems to me like the minor nations' players are even better at it. I think EA's tactic with these minor nations to try and make them hard to beat is that they play a 10 man defence which is hard to break down (which is fine) but when they get possession, they can keep it for ages without avctually threatening your goal. I think I've only ever conceded 2 or 3 goals in total to any of these teams, and they all been when my defence has split like the red sea to let their sole stiker run straight through.

EA haven't programmed these teams to be particularly good at scoring or even creating chances, but have made them far too good at passing and general possession play in order to create some additional degree of difficulty than just 10 man defence. Problem is, a lot of us think it sucks in terms of realism and gameplay.

These guys should be weak in possesion, easily panicked into early and misplaced passes, more easily jostled off the ball, not stroking it around with consumate ease and dancing around every tackle.

We have all neglected to mention the most fucking annoying bug ever in this game:

The fact the CPU goalkeeper WILL NOT release the ball whilst an opposition player is in the penalty area.

FUCKING DOES MY NUT IN :brick:

We have all neglected to mention the most fucking annoying bug ever in this game:

The fact the CPU goalkeeper WILL NOT release the ball whilst an opposition player is in the penalty area.

FUCKING DOES MY NUT IN :brick:

One of many.

EA, you need playtesters! Contact me!

What is up with their CYC scoring system?

A match starts and all 4 players are on 6.1. I make a nice run but a cpu player barges me off the ball (no free kick of course as the cpu is perfect and never commmits fouls) and my score is instantly down to 3.8. Oh my god! What complete and utter fucking wank!

We eventually win 4-0 and I have scored all 4 goals, created and executed all by myself, performed regular defensive heroics, yet my cpu team-mate gets man of the match....what for??? standing around not being human controlled???

Do you ever TEST your games with real humans?

What is wrong with you, EA? Seriously, what is fucking wrong with you?

does this game cause any of your xbox's to freeze

i have a brand new xbox elite and it sometimes locks up, not sure if its the console or the game causing it

i don't have any other games to test

Becanes, don't know where you ordered from but FYI I got mine from Gameplay a few days ago, Tuesday I think - I had pre-ordered in the middle of March.

Argh. I ordered from Shopto. I guess I will order from Gameplay next time. I didn't get it today either. I pre-ordered a couple of weeks ago, but mine dispatched with the majority. This sucks.

i have a brand new xbox elite and it sometimes locks up, not sure if its the console or the game causing it

The game has caused mine to freeze a few times.

The game has caused mine to freeze a few times.

actually lockup m8

as in can't access dashboard or anything, have to power off xbox?

as thats been happening to me, aswell as the game crashing where you are stuck in game, and just hear the sound effects

Argh. I ordered from Shopto. I guess I will order from Gameplay next time. I didn't get it today either. I pre-ordered a couple of weeks ago, but mine dispatched with the majority. This sucks.

Well we're not that far apart so I would have to believe you would have gotten it from Gameplay either Tues. or Wed. - have used them the past few years and they've been really consistent in getting stateside to me 4 to 5 biz days after release.

In fact, it seems to me like the minor nations' players are even better at it. I think EA's tactic with these minor nations to try and make them hard to beat is that they play a 10 man defence which is hard to break down (which is fine) but when they get possession, they can keep it for ages without avctually threatening your goal.

Played a few more CYC games last night as my English RM. Playing Andorra and Moldova, I witnessed exactly that. They pack the defence, then when they come away with the ball, it's a huge run, they then turn around and knock the ball around like they're the best team on the game. Very much wrong.

Also witnessed England playing FAR more misplaced passed and stupid runs compared to the Andorra/Moldova team.

Something definately needs doing with the smaller-team AI.

Euro has caused a couples of lockups for me too. I dont play too much on the xbox, but as far as I remember its the first game to cause that to happen. Probably nothing wrong with your hardware.

Played a few more CYC games last night as my English RM. Playing Andorra and Moldova, I witnessed exactly that. They pack the defence, then when they come away with the ball, it's a huge run, they then turn around and knock the ball around like they're the best team on the game. Very much wrong.

Also witnessed England playing FAR more misplaced passed and stupid runs compared to the Andorra/Moldova team.

Something definately needs doing with the smaller-team AI.

It's been reported a number of times in the EA forums, hope it gets fixed in an update, if it doesn't I don't think I'll bother buying the game when it comes out here (or I'm in a region where it's available). My primary interest is single player and I'm not going to play it if the underdog logic is as flawed as Fifa08.

Well we're not that far apart so I would have to believe you would have gotten it from Gameplay either Tues. or Wed. - have used them the past few years and they've been really consistent in getting stateside to me 4 to 5 biz days after release.

Thanks for the info. Gameplay from now on for me. It better turn up today though.

What is up with their CYC scoring system?

A match starts and all 4 players are on 6.1. I make a nice run but a cpu player barges me off the ball (no free kick of course as the cpu is perfect and never commmits fouls) and my score is instantly down to 3.8. Oh my god! What complete and utter fucking wank!

We eventually win 4-0 and I have scored all 4 goals, created and executed all by myself, performed regular defensive heroics, yet my cpu team-mate gets man of the match....what for??? standing around not being human controlled???

Do you ever TEST your games with real humans?

What is wrong with you, EA? Seriously, what is fucking wrong with you?

More annoying than this is, I had the ball in the middle and a score of 6.2 or something similar, I take the ball round the opposition who cynically hacks me down. Freekick to me, and my score has dropped to 5.3 because I was fouled.

if i try to play any pes game on my ps3 after playing this, it causes my ps3 to just freeze - have to turn it off and start it again to get it to work. how weird......

More annoying than this is, I had the ball in the middle and a score of 6.2 or something similar, I take the ball round the opposition who cynically hacks me down. Freekick to me, and my score has dropped to 5.3 because I was fouled.

I don't understand why more people aren't kicking up a stink about this. The scoring system is an utter shambles. I mean, I lost 2.3 points whilst making a great run and then being barged off the ball. 2.3 points! Anyone would think I'd just scored a hat-trick of OGs and shot the ref.

There've been countless times I've been playing merrily away with a decent score, generally keeping my position, playing safe passes, keeping an eye on the danger men in the opposition, then suddenly I notice I'm down at about 3. Absolutely no idea what I've done so wrong to justify such a crumbling of points.

The 6.1 to 3.8 slump was the first time I actually caught the game in the act of slashing my points in an instant.

Completely and utterly broken system.

Patch badly needed!

My game has frozen twice and I had to reset it. Only game this has happened to me......I think.

The worst was when I was playing CYC and had a league invite - I think it was from bitter. So I just excepted his invite and it crashed!! I had to restart it :((

Gameplay refunded me. It was that easy. I just filled in a form.

Its so off putting when it goes well.

I remember when BT fucked up my internet and I rang them up ready to give it to them!!!

I explained and the woman said ok we will give you two months free for the trouble we have put you through.

I was gobsmacked - I didn't even have to kick their arses - she just gave it to me.

I wasn't expecting it - but sometimes people do the right thing :))

Back
Top Bottom