UEFA Euro 2008

so hows the foul frequencie???
and can you pressure (preservative tackle)like crazy like before and the only way to kept possesion was moving right to left arcadishly??

imo - still not enough fouls by the CPU. I've played approx 20 hours since release and not had one CPU booked. But then i don't play a dribbling style so don't give them the chance to foul me very often.

On the pressure question - you can no longer just press the pressurise button and expect to win the ball back - you will leave space and the opposition will exploit it. see a couple of pages back from this time yesterday for more thoughts on this from tim7 (and others).

you can play through the middle a lot, lot more than FIFA08.

UEFA Euro 2008 (PS3)

The PS3 version seems to be neglected on here in favour of the 360 version. Does anyone here play the PS3 version online? If you ever fancy a game, my PSN name is foxtrot1985

Re: UEFA Euro 2008 (PS3)

The PS3 version seems to be neglected on here in favour of the 360 version. Does anyone here play the PS3 version online? If you ever fancy a game, my PSN name is foxtrot1985
This thread is for both 360 and PS3, but you'll find a LOT more people on here play it on 360 :)).

...it could be argued that the tactical AI of the opposition is secondary, in priorities, to getting ball physics, player responsiveness etc right.
Oh no, I strongly disagree with that. I always love to adapt the formation to my taste and view. Some years ago I tried FIFA 2002 ( i guess it was ) and there was such a situation where tactcs were non existent. Think about a side back who never came further forward than his own penalty-area, etc.
I immediately quit playing the game when tactics are like that.

i play ps3 online - and try to play good football rather than just try to win - my tag is Frankie (i think!) will look you up once work out how to do it......

Saying that, it could be argued that the tactical AI of the opposition is secondary, in priorities, to getting ball physics, player responsiveness etc right.

I'd sooner they concentrated on multi-player aspects. AI still relies so heavily on cheats that it's not fun to play against, no matter their tactics. 10v10 human players is what I want to see next.

I rounded the keeper with a shot fake yesterday against my flat mate.

I bet he was deflated.

Well I think this game will be the death of my 360 :( Between the buggy code (my analog stick stopped working just now in the menu sections) and the continual disc loading for sounds, cutscenes, etc its really taking a toll on my box. The disctray is starting to make the same noices as pboreham's, clicking/grinding, making the game stop to load some sounds or cutscenes. Have had the dirty disc error twice, last month or so. Pfff........guess I'll be getting gta for the ps3 then. Not sure my 360 will survive me moving house next week.

Well I think this game will be the death of my 360 :( Between the buggy code (my analog stick stopped working just now in the menu sections) and the continual disc loading for sounds, cutscenes, etc its really taking a toll on my box. The disctray is starting to make the same noices as pboreham's, clicking/grinding, making the game stop to load some sounds or cutscenes. Have had the dirty disc error twice, last month or so. Pfff........guess I'll be getting gta for the ps3 then. Not sure my 360 will survive me moving house next week.

damn that sucks, the 360 hardware really is a POS

After I cleaned my disktray, it stopped for a bit, but came back the day after and is now grinding and clicking again.

Having the 2 consoles side by side in a smaller room now, really shocks you how quiet the PS3 is! It 'glides'...

So when are you tying the knot with your PS3?

Seriously mate we know you loves it but can you please stop banging on about it

Im getting a loan of a PS3 for a while, not sure if I will have UEFA though, but if I do I'll give you a shout.

The PS3 version is sadly a very bad port. Graphical glitches everywhere, crashes, freezes... Gameplay-wise I can't compare with xbox360 cause I don't have one, but by the videos I've seen there's little difference but some evident stuttering in ps3 when there's crowded views with or without rain.

I hate when you get a bad coded product. I payed with good money.

My psn is Drekkard, could be nice to play some matches with anyone as I'm already tired of the cpu cheats and offline multiplayer is awesome but some mates are needed in order to play!

So when are you tying the knot with your PS3?

Seriously mate we know you loves it but can you please stop banging on about it

Actually you're right, I'll shut the fuck up in future as I'm boring myself now.

Last edited:
Just had a classic match online with the number 23 rank CR7RonaldoR7. First game we started I was Croatia and he was France, I went 2 goals up within 10 mins he then passes back to his keeper scores an own goal then quits on me. F him I thought and searched for another game, up he comes again I leave then search again and it's him again so I thought let me batter him again for fun. This time he picks England and I again go with the Croats. I started of the better team but he breaks away and goes 1 up through Crouch and goes on a long celebration running around with all the moves, I could quit as it was inside 15 mins but thought no as I hate it being done to me . The rest of the half was end to end with no goals. Then in the 69th minute he goes 2-0 up after a bit of pressure and I'm close to giving up. But 3 goals in the last 15 mins, the winner in the 89 minute which I duely capped with a crouch robot dance won the game for me and put me in a great mood for the rest of the night. ;). This knob is in the top 20 and has a DNF of around 30%.

Just had a classic match online with the number 23 rank CR7RonaldoR7. First game we started I was Croatia and he was France, I went 2 goals up within 10 mins he then passes back to his keeper scores an own goal then quits on me. F him I thought and searched for another game, up he comes again I leave then search again and it's him again so I thought let me batter him again for fun. This time he picks England and I again go with the Croats. I started of the better team but he breaks away and goes 1 up through Crouch and goes on a long celebration running around with all the moves, I could quit as it was inside 15 mins but thought no as I hate it being done to me . The rest of the half was end to end with no goals. Then in the 69th minute he goes 2-0 up after a bit of pressure and I'm close to giving up. But 3 goals in the last 15 mins, the winner in the 89 minute which I duely capped with a crouch robot dance won the game for me and put me in a great mood for the rest of the night. ;). This knob is in the top 20 and has a DNF of around 30%.

Well done Jay.
I hate c**ts like that.

The PS3 version is sadly a very bad port. Graphical glitches everywhere, crashes, freezes... Gameplay-wise I can't compare with xbox360 cause I don't have one, but by the videos I've seen there's little difference but some evident stuttering in ps3 when there's crowded views with or without rain.

I hate when you get a bad coded product. I payed with good money.

My psn is Drekkard, could be nice to play some matches with anyone as I'm already tired of the cpu cheats and offline multiplayer is awesome but some mates are needed in order to play!

I think they should stop porting and go back to good old exclusives.

as mentioned earlier, I have both versions (I'm not biased to any console).
the PS3 version feels much more responsive (see also official easports forums)
I couldn't see any bad graphical glitches, I'd even say the PS3 has better blur (depth of focus) effects. Of course the crowd textures look horrible without the blur effect...

The stuttering is not worse than PES on the PS2 ;) , I can live with it, as the controls feel more direct and the pace is higher/more dynamic

CPU "cheats" in single player in fact are horrible...

After I cleaned my disktray, it stopped for a bit, but came back the day after and is now grinding and clicking again.

Having the 2 consoles side by side in a smaller room now, really shocks you how quiet the PS3 is! It 'glides'...

Noticed that aswell.......you can hardly hear that its on :D

I'll just send it off soon to get repaired, its about 15months old with no mods/flashes so its no problem. Hardly have time to play the bastard anyway.....

as mentioned earlier, I have both versions (I'm not biased to any console).
the PS3 version feels much more responsive (see also official easports forums)...

Funny you should say that, as when I go back to FIFA08 on PS3, it actually feels more responsive than Euro on 360 in a way. Its weird - I was expecting FIFA to be really sluggish.

Hmmmmm...

Noticed that aswell.......you can hardly hear that its on ...

Ssshhh... dont mention it, the M$ Nazis will shout you down! :LOL:

That is fucking quality mate :)).

In theory its a feature to let you quit should the game be too laggy, in practice its used by cunts who lose early goals

Had some great games with Milanista last night. I scored an incredible first time volley. It was from about 10 yards out but it still looked great and rocketed into the roof of the net. Something you couldn't do on FIFA because it would balloon over. We also played Portugal v Spain and I went through with Torres in injury time with the score at 0-0. He brought me down as last man right on the edge of the box and got a straight red! Then with Villa I just smashed the ball home at the near post from the FK. Goalie could do nothing as it hit the bar, bounced off the line and into the roof of the net... hahaha happy birthday Stef

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom