UEFA Euro 2008

Anyone ever decided to go a defender in CYC?

If so, was there any aspect of defending that you actually enjoyed?

Or was it the most pointless waste of time....

Yeah! Scored my first goal, in my second B international. Shifted it out to the left wing from the centre, sprinted towards goal, as the pass came in from the left and toed it pass the keeper from a few yards out. This is a great game mode.

this game is so laggy online

diff between offline and online is night and day

1/10 games i would say i find a connection that feels close to offline

Would have to agree - they've sold us short on servers, no question. I don't think they thought anyone would buy the game.

When you get a great connection the game is out of this world, pisses all over FIFA for me. When you don't, it's so laggy it's unbelievable, and when it's 90% of the time... God it's so frustrating.

I noticed talk about pushing defenders to go to ball earlier can this same method be applied in CYC ? as players seem to stand off ball quite abit to point me and friend are screaming "Tackle you bunch of idiots".

Would have to agree - they've sold us short on servers, no question. I don't think they thought anyone would buy the game.

When you get a great connection the game is out of this world, pisses all over FIFA for me. When you don't, it's so laggy it's unbelievable, and when it's 90% of the time... God it's so frustrating.

yea exactly that

unfortunatly tonight it has felt like fifa 08 running in fudge

damn shame

I just won the Euro on CYC!!!!

Beat France 2-0 in the final - I didn't score :(( - I am a Forward..

Annoying thing is I was Captain from the last two qualifying games and up to the quarter finals of the competition - then I had one mediocre game and I lose my captaincy. Which means I can't change the team around - so it was a bit of a struggle.

But I was in the Team of the tournament. I was joint Golden boot with Crouch, Downing, Eduardo and Podolski :LOL: :DD

I didn't win player of the tournament though :((

I have played 22 games scored 13 goals made 7 assists. My average rating is 7.6 and my current form dropped to 6.8 because of the last couple of games. My form was 9.1 before that.

I can't see any option to carry on though? I assume I just start all over again and my player stays with all the attributes I have built up?

It was great fun - But It has made me go to bed at 3am in the morning and I have work tomorrow at 9am!!!!!

I just won the Euro on CYC!!!!

Beat France 2-0 in the final - I didn't score :(( - I am a Forward..

Annoying thing is I was Captain from the last two qualifying games and up to the quarter finals of the competition - then I had one mediocre game and I lose my captaincy. Which means I can't change the team around - so it was a bit of a struggle.

But I was in the Team of the tournament. I was joint Golden boot with Crouch, Downing, Eduardo and Podolski :LOL: :DD

I didn't win player of the tournament though :((

I have played 22 games scored 13 goals made 7 assists. My average rating is 7.6 and my current form dropped to 6.8 because of the last couple of games. My form was 9.1 before that.

I can't see any option to carry on though? I assume I just start all over again and my player stays with all the attributes I have built up?

It was great fun - But It has made me go to bed at 3am in the morning and I have work tomorrow at 9am!!!!!

captain your country = play for urself I always call for the ball always hog it always just go for goal and always end up scoring 3-5 a a game and getting a 9-10 rating :)

my tourny ended as me as goldenboot me as player of the tournament me with 61 goals

average rating of 9.8 however I got dropped from the England team after scoring a hat trick in friendly (my performance was not god enough)

MOTM Hat trick and a 9.9 rating doesn't please Mclaren proving even more how realistic this game is by Mclaren not selecting a world beater in his squad :LOL:

For some strange reason, i actually enjoy this game much more when i play as a smaller team. Played as Switzerland vs Austria earlier and the game was fantastic, ending in a 2-2 draw. I tend to get bored when playing as England. Love this game to bits!.:DANCE:

bad hosts I would be guessing 8/10 games I play are literally like playing offline.

For some strange reason, i actually enjoy this game much more when i play as a smaller team. Played as Switzerland vs Austria earlier and the game was fantastic, ending in a 2-2 draw. I tend to get bored when playing as England. Love this game to bits!.:DANCE:
same for me however I use my mess about gamertag for euro online knockout cups dont want my 24-0 ranked record getting ruined now do I :DD

When the tournament had ended Bob, and you clicked on Quit Tournament, it comes up with an option about the squads:

"Reset Default Squads"
"Load a saved squads file"
"Continue"

Which did you press?

my tourny ended as me as goldenboot me as player of the tournament me with 61 goals
WTF...? What difficulty is this on?

When the tournament had ended Bob, and you clicked on Quit Tournament, it comes up with an option about the squads:

"Reset Default Squads"
"Load a saved squads file"
"Continue"

Which did you press?

WTF...? What difficulty is this on?
professional :) 2nd time through the game 1st time I had 44 goals overall rating of 73 now overall of 80 about to go round a 3rd time until my player is a 99 :)

So you just like easy games? Why bother? It is harder on World Class, but so much more rewarding when you do something good and make something happen :)).

I'll post about my current CYC in a bit when the boss goes out :DD.

44 goals? 61 goals? What's the point in playing on Pro if it's absoloutely RIDICULOUSLY easy?

Can someone explain how this worked? I was well dissapointed with it to be fair. Captain your Country mode, got through to the finals easily, but didn't make it past the group stages. Thing is, 3 teams were tied on 6 points.

Germany - 3GD - 6 Points
Czech Republic - 3GD - 6 Points
England -6GD- 6 Points
Poland - Feck all.

Now, i understand the top two teams could have gone through on head to head, but how would that work out since i beat Germany by a far superior margin to what i lost to Czech Republic. I scored the most goals, conceded the least, i just don't get it. I was screwed.

The mode is amazing though, it's really fun to develop your own 'style' of play. In that game i was a very attacking midfielder, in the Gerrard mold, making forward runs as much as possible and getting a fair few goals. In my current game i'm staying back a bit, increasing my passing stats, lobbing balls upfield and making sure we don't concede.

Last edited:
44 goals? 61 goals? What's the point in playing on Pro if it's absoloutely RIDICULOUSLY easy?

because fun to me means been able to score a couple of goals each game not watching the cpu pass it about for 20 minutes If I want that to happen I will play with Liechstenstein on Legendary vs France

Can someone explain how this worked? I was well dissapointed with it to be fair. Captain your Country mode, got through to the finals easily, but didn't make it past the group stages. Thing is, 3 teams were tied on 6 points.

Germany - 3GD - 6 Points
Czech Republic - 3GD - 6 Points
England -6GD- 6 Points
Poland - Feck all.

Now, i understand the top two teams could have gone through on head to head, but how would that work out since i beat Germany by a far superior margin to what i lost to Czech Republic. I scored the most goals, conceded the least, i just don't get it. I was screwed.

The mode is amazing though, it's really fun to develop your own 'style' of play. In that game is a very attacking midfielder, in the Gerrard mold, making forward runs as much as possible and getting a far few goals. In my current game i'm staying back a bit, increasing my passing stats, lobbing balls upfield and making sure we don't concede.

Yea, loving CYC the deeper you get into it. I finally got called up for a qualifier with my young Belgian lad and we played against Holland. I knew it was a tough game, so I played it tactical (playing right-mid) and didnt push forward much, choosing to tuck in and make it tight.

Just superb.... we ended up losing 1-0, but it was a tough game. In games against the minnows, I push on more, virtually level with the front men and try to get crosses in etc.

Back
Top Bottom