UEFA Euro 2008

No idea, mate. ShopTo used to always get to me the next day too. This order was sent to my parents address, Vegas 2 was to my address. So it looks like a Liverpool issue?

Funny enough (or not) it's been this bad since the strike if I think about it. It's Recorded Delivery that's shocking, first class seems fine. So I'll pass on ShopTo and go with Gameplay I think.

Edit: After reading Stef's post ...

Can someone answer me how close the final game is to the demo on 360?? I own the game on ps3 and played the demo on the 360 and the 360 version is so much better im considering buying a new xbox...this doesnt bode well for ps3 - especially with gta on the horizon!

is it worth getting the 360 version - has anyone actually played both?

apologies if this has been answered but at work and cant check back 50 pages!:((

Can someone answer me how close the final game is to the demo on 360?? I own the game on ps3 and played the demo on the 360 and the 360 version is so much better im considering buying a new xbox...this doesnt bode well for ps3 - especially with gta on the horizon!

is it worth getting the 360 version - has anyone actually played both?

apologies if this has been answered but at work and cant check back 50 pages!:((

Argh! Thats annoying... stuck with the 360 :(

FWIW, GTA is meant to be virtually the same on both machines as they arent ported, but both built from the ground up apparantly.

Thought the PS3 demo of Euro was very good, but lot of people saying the final is bad.

So in answer to your question. I have no idea.

You're welcome.

I hope EA will make a patch to disable the celebration mode... Oh men I hate it so mush because I prefer to play with dynamic camera but it is no fun to see your player instead the goal when you've scored... Arghhhhh

I have both, PS3 and 360 version.
First bought the 360 version, but was dissapointed (high expectations from the demo):

- reaction times/speed more like FIFA08, it feels slower/more sluggish than the demo
- some bugs (sound & graphics)
-> got blisters on my hands from the 360 pad, as I had to press it like an idiot

- really nice broadcast cam, but for me it's unusable, as it turns the controls by 45° at some point

___

the PS3 version plays much better, more responsive. It's a real pleasure compared to the 360 (normally any multiplatform game feels/plays better on the 360, so I was surprised)
...and there are better net animations ;)

Unfortunally there is:
- a totally different broadcast cam.
- (more) stutter/frame drops in replays
- stutter/frame drops in crowded boxes(playing on rainy)

I'd still recommend the PS3 version, though

With the greatest respect, I hope the rather more fundamental blips are addressed in a patch instead.

Like the disappearing radar/time/score display for example, or the silly flashing pitch that happens just before the ball starts moving erratically without contact from anyone.

Or the cutscenes that stick until certain lines from the commentary are completed.

Then there's things like the flag icon intermittenly being lost on the "top 20" stats (against players names).

I hope EA will make a patch to disable the celebration mode... Oh men I hate it so mush because I prefer to play with dynamic camera but it is no fun to see your player instead the goal when you've scored... Arghhhhh

What do you mean by this? You've said it before but I don't follow...

Had really bad stutter/slowdown on the 360 version today. Scored a goal in CYC mode and the replay was really jerky.

Must be something to do with the goal as every replay from all angles had slow down... really odd!

Was an odd goal too - I cut in from the right, hit a left footed shot to the oppostion corner, but the ball didnt go straight. It went high (really high!), middle of goal and then swerved into the top left hand corner right at the end of its flight.

Must say, it looked fricking awesome, but definately not a right flight path. Reminded me of goals scored during the Amiga game 'Player-Manager'. When you started out and didnt have skills, sometimes your shots would just rocket off at a weird angle and you'd end up scoring the most fantastic goals - more by luck than judgement!

I'd still recommend the PS3 version said:
interesting... many thanks.

if the 360 version was the same as the demo i think that wouldve been the best football game i have ever played. as it is i still dont feel affiliated to any one game...pro is on a life support machine, fifa is getting closer! looking forward to the 09 dates!!

i played a couple of games on the 360 euro 2008 demo and then switched to the pes2008 demo. laughable to compare the two...looks like they are in different generations! i wonder whether konami have the resources to compete with ea in a technical sense...the gap is currently huge!

before i get mannered by pro fans, my favourite football game is still, to this day, pes6 on ps2. play it more than any other game.

Reminded me of goals scored during the Amiga game 'Player-Manager'. When you started out and didnt have skills, sometimes your shots would just rocket off at a weird angle and you'd end up scoring the most fantastic goals - more by luck than judgement!

Awesome game! Anco made some really great games in that period, Player Manager 2 is probably my all time favourite game, remember constantly re-rolling the stats of my player manager to make sure I got plenty of pace so that as I got older I'd still have some legs ;)

Trust good 'ole Placedbo to welcome the chance to reminisce ;-p

BTW - is anyone else having a really tough job of tackling in midfield (especially)?

No longer can I press the "cover" button to bring a spare defender with me to tackle a player. If I do then there's an almost certain chance of a shot on goal due to the space left behind.

That's great btw but it would nice to win more than 4 tackles a game!

I'm really enjoying the game though, love the fact that you have friendlies that allow you to try out different options (such as finding the best tactics to break through those lower ranked teams).

Anyway, any thoughts on re-gaining possession would be greatly appreciated.

I've noticed that you can't bring the second defender to help you for fear of leaving space, and I think it's quite good really! I got used to using the cover button constantly during 08 and Euro punishes you for it.

Though I also agree it's harder to get tackles in. The CPU is too quick to turn with the ball and put his back to you, so you can't really get to the ball. Even if you do manage to get near the ball, the CPU has usually passed it away. Makes it difficult, slightly annoying but more realistic I suppose. I'd like the CPU (well, players in general) to move and turn SLIGHTLY slower but certainly nowhere near as slow as 08.

I just stand off a lot and hold the jockey button (LT) to force either a pass or a mistake. If/when they pass then have a better chance of getting the ball.

Great, great game though! Just loving the freedom on and off the ball.

One thing about this (and FIFA), is that when you go back to PES, you REALLY miss a dedicated tricks button. Thats not to say you need all the tricks as they are hard to pull off in FIFA, but for when you do need it, it comes off and you get a yard of space, its brilliant.

As much as I love(d) PES, PLEASE DONT FUCK 09 UP EA. The football crown is theirs for the taking...

I use the CPU press button quite a lot, against humans on XBL too, like pboreham says, I use my controlled player to jockey / cover space and then get the CPU to harass them like mad!

I use the CPU press button quite a lot, against humans on XBL too, like pboreham says, I use my controlled player to jockey / cover space and then get the CPU to harass them like mad!
I have never, ever, in any football game (ever), used the CPU press button.

I really should start using it but I just never see an opportunity...

perfect example JB is when the opponent is running down the wing and your man is chasing him or your player is near him, player switch to a defender in the box, and keep pressing the cpu on the runner, either he tackles him or you are in the middle positioning yourself for the incoming cross/cut back

Christ, no wonder I always lose, I just select the player nearest to the man and press him myself.

I'll have to try that tonight.

What do you mean by this? You've said it before but I don't follow...

Just score a goal on dynamic camera and you will see what I mean... If you score a goal the camera will directly follow the player instead of the ball is going into the net... It's so frustrating!

I have never, ever, in any football game (ever), used the CPU press button.

I really should start using it but I just never see an opportunity...

When the cpu starts going on one of those long dribbles and you just can't be bothered chasing him as you know he'll just skip by all your tackles, just get your cpu-press to close in and rob the cheating fucker.

borther back from uni this weekend - played offline miltiplayer - both agreed this is the best football game ever. No cheating AI or repetition to get involved - and when we used tricks on each other they genuinely worked.

Do like this game, but can never truly rid self of feeling when playing CPU that it's cheating and i'm going to get undone by a cheap corss/header goal even though i'm much better at defending them now.

Playing online, there's so much lag that for me it undermines the whole point of this game - better response.

P.s. anyone remember how good italy V Germany world cup semi final was in 2006 - played same game on uefa, as italy - my play down left wing especially with zambrotta and perotta was so free flowing and fast, and for the first time in any ea football game, intense and visceral, that it finally convinced me that this game is really much better than FIFA 08.

It's no longer about copying PES (played every pes since pes1 and loved it btw) this game has (except in single player) just literally set a new regime....

Anyone knows what is the difference between the PC version and the next gen console version? Most of the reviews out there are for the console version and they are giving this game quite nice reviews.

PC version is a crap old-gen engine, it's not worth a penny. It is piss poor.

Only the 360/PS3 versions use the next-gen engine.

Woohoo, just did a CYC campaign, didn't make it to a single qualifier though :((. But I simmed the rest of the tournament, then saved it, then Quit Tournament and when it asked about the squads I pressed "Continue". I then started another CYC and lo and behold, I went to Continue Your Career, and there my little fella was :)).

Mines not here and I ordered from GAMEPLAY on wednesday. :brick:

So it's not Shopto or Gameplay's fault imo, its the bloody Royal Mail!

That's weird, my copy from Gameplay was despatched last Friday and it arrived today (Portugal).

Anyway, had my first online match, Portugal (me) vs France (some UK guy), I was winning 4-0 in the 2nd half, he disconnected, it didn't record a win for me, bollocks.

Check again, sometimes it doesn't show immediatly when they quit, but you almost always get the points.

^ Yea, if the opponent pauses and then quits out that way it's pretty much an instant 3-0 win, if they literally turn off their 360, or pull the ethernet out, then it can take a few minutes to check it wasn't you who disconnected :)).

Back
Top Bottom