UEFA Euro 2008

Got a message off the guy I played in the final, "mattofberwick", and we then exchanged a few msgs:

Him: nice one tim... my first final. much more difficult than fifa08. well played.
Me: Great game, very tight. Apologies for the red card foul, it was a genuinely mistimed tackle.
Him: no worries. it happens
Me: Fair play, your a gent

It's nice to know that it ain't just a bunch of cunts out there, hey. :))

I dont know why but most of the people i have played on this game are like that, they even let you watch replays

i guess its becuase its just hardcore fans who have it and are happy to see good goals

thanks jack

08 just became a contoller basher for me, with it not doing what its supposed to do at the right time.But I am still thinking, that by the sounds of it, this game is not worthy of another £40

I'm having problems with this game online. Yesterday I played 2 games online and they were laggy and the second one crashed (It went to cut scene of the crowd and just froze there). Tonight I thought that I would give it another go online, game was great no lag but after about 80 minutes it crashed again (same again cut scene of the crowd and it froze). I really hope that EA sort out the servers as on FIFA 08 I never had any laggy matches.

When you get a great connection it's great, when you don't it's really really laggy.

Someone high-up at EA has apparently said to a few fansites he doesn't expect Euro to sell well in the UK, I'm wondering if we've been sold short of servers (or if they're sharing servers with FIFA which would be ridiculous)...

Last edited:
Well EA are in for a shock as the game is pretty much sold out online and most high street retailers were sold out yesterday. It is poor if it is the case about servers but I am hopeful that EA will sort this out. If this was Konami I would have given up as even after 7 months they still haven't sorted out PES2008.

Well, I've had a blast on Euro 08 today - It probably helped that I won every match I played! :DD Oh actually I lost the very first game I played this morning, but that's ok :)).

Had a great game in the Semi Finals of the Online Cup as Czech Republic v Iceland. He was clearly a decent player, and was ranked 587 I think when I checked after the game. He took the lead and surprised me as to how good a player he actually was, using Iceland as well. My equaliser came from a corner floated in and a Baros header which surprised me again somewhat! :DD. Lovely header down into the ground and past the keeper. Iceland then got a very lucky break of the ball, which left him bearing down on my goal, and the finish was never in doubt, 2-1. I kept playing and knocking it around, and got another corner in the 77th minute. Cue a Rosicky cross and Baros header - 2-2. Koller broke through and knocked it out wide, rounding the goalkeeper and hit a shot goalwards, only for his defender to do a desperate slide and get his leg on the ball and divert it wide! It was the most realistic thing I've seen yet! Still 2-2 and it stayed that way and we went to extra time. In the first period, Baros managed to complete his hat trick and give the Czechs the lead for the first time. Some good defending and holding up the ball up front lead to the clock eventually ticking down and a win to put the Czechs in the final!

Brilliant stuff :)).

I dont know why but most of the people i have played on this game are like that, they even let you watch replays

i guess its becuase its just hardcore fans who have it and are happy to see good goals
I thought that myself, yesterday every replay was watched in every game.

Just played an online cup game and let the opposition guy (Wales, RhysLightning) watch all of his replays in full. I get my first shot in after half an hour, a nice little volley I wanted to see again - he skipped the replay so fast all I saw was a EURO logo fly across the screen.

I fucking give up. EA, either don't let the opposition skip your replays or just leave replays out of online modes entirely. If anyone does the above in the league they will know about it.

Yeah, it's bullshit ain't it when people just skip stuff. Bloody idiots. I scored a beaut of a free kick as Poland against Portugal earlier, and he did watch the replay from 1 angle, so I suppose I should be grateful for that :LOL:.

Just played a league friendly against Bitter Rivals:

Turkey 0-2 Spain

My 2nd goal was some nice play down the wing and then squared into the middle and slotted in, and the first goal, well...:-ll I'll leave that one for Bitter to explain to you! :lmao:

Just had a good game with Jay

Finland vs Poland, 2-2 after normal and 12 shots each and 50/50 possession. I snuck the win on penos though

i have to say this game is far better than Fifa

Played this against a mate offline, and seriously, it makes you love the game! Played for 2 solid hours and we didnt even get bored. We kept saying "fine fine, last one" then played another. As long as you avoid using France the game is balanced and fun.

Yeah, it's bullshit ain't it when people just skip stuff. Bloody idiots. I scored a beaut of a free kick as Poland against Portugal earlier, and he did watch the replay from 1 angle, so I suppose I should be grateful for that :LOL:.

Just played a league friendly against Bitter Rivals:

Turkey 0-2 Spain

My 2nd goal was some nice play down the wing and then squared into the middle and slotted in, and the first goal, well...:-ll I'll leave that one for Bitter to explain to you! :lmao:

keeper caught the ball from a long distance shot and it knocked him back 3 steps and he stood in his goal the toss pot

so there you have it dags and kev, if the keeper catches it he ends up in his own net, but if he parries there is a 50/50 chance of a tap in lol

I saved my goal like that you can see it on the EA website,i took a 25yrd shot keeper got it but the idiot did a David James/Paul Robinson/Dave Beasant.(FUCK UP) into his net.

WTF?? I won a semi finals game with Finland and it DIDNT RECORD! I have to play a semi final AGAIN now.

online knockout cup has ruined my stats on the leaderboards but I have won a cup with finland,san marino,liechstentiern and bulgaria :)

29 wins 19 losses on the path to winning with all these teams

beaten the likes of spain,germany,france and england :BY:

I hated ranked matches on FIFA 08, I didn't see the point in one-off games over and over and over, with mental teams, usually against Barca. I love this new format, just a shame it's over so quickly.

If they did this with a Champions League game, where you had to get through a group stage, play teams twice (punishing them if they quit the competition early), get through the knockouts (again two-legs) and reach the final...

Man oh man I would love that.

How the hell have you put up with 11000 minutes of playing the shitty cpu on Fifa?

Because shitty or not it's still the best manager mode in a football game, plus I play on all manual so it means I can play on a slightly lower skill level than I'd have to if I played on assisted (think I'm on Professional at the mo) so less AI annoyances :)

cos he hasnt got xbl probably

Actually no, I prefer offline in all games and when I did have Live I only played something like 6-9 matches online, has to be said that was partly due to bad experiences of laggy EvoWeb league games against EU/NA opponents, should be moving to NA/EU myself in the next month or two so perhaps will try online more in Euro/Fifa09 :)

I hated ranked matches on FIFA 08, I didn't see the point in one-off games over and over and over, with mental teams, usually against Barca. I love this new format, just a shame it's over so quickly.

If they did this with a Champions League game, where you had to get through a group stage, play teams twice (punishing them if they quit the competition early), get through the knockouts (again two-legs) and reach the final...

Man oh man I would love that.

Yup. spot on JB. THink Online Cup is my fave mode at the moment. Had so many varied games and havent played a 'Top' team yet. I seem to have settled on Bulgaria so far and am doing predictably bad, losing all my 1st round matches! :D Still fun though!

I have won a cup with finland,san marino,liechstentiern and bulgaria :)
Bloody hell :-ll :applaud:

Now that would be amazing! Hopefully they can do this for next years Champions League game, or maybe even in FIFA 09. Maybe they could do it so all the cups that you can do offline, you could do online, imagine that! :-...

Captain your club for Fifa 09 please whole season. :))
Oh yes please :)).

Andish if that's true then i'll have my fiance send it to me :) Do you know a specific place or is that everywhere?

My ShopTo Euro copy arrived this morning, after them sending it last Wednesday :roll:

I thought my post was bad but that's disgraceful. My ShopTo orders always arrive the day after shipping.

How is Royal Mail so bad in your area? Can't you write to your local MP?

Back
Top Bottom