UEFA Euro 2008

The bias towards the good teams is too great. The top seeded teams are untouchable by any team with a rating of 3 and a half stars or less.

With FIFA initially it annoyed me but I learned to play a different game of footy and Euro rips it all up starts again. For me that aint a good thing.

I dont want to have to stop and look at my tactics and rearrange my entire team before playing just so I dont get completely arseholed by some cunt who knows the way to score in any given situation.

Keepers parry far too many shots.

Referees are still shite.

Just a random collection of thoughts there. I will give it more time as I did with FIFA but at the moment FIFA is still the top football game for me as the flaws and bugs are a lot less evident

Go on CW, I'd be interested in your impressions.

If FIFA 08 has the reactions and a better BAP mode, I'd prefer it over Euro I think. I definately miss having so many teams.

The bias towards the good teams is too great. The top seeded teams are untouchable by any team with a rating of 3 and a half stars or less.

With FIFA initially it annoyed me but I learned to play a different game of footy and Euro rips it all up starts again. For me that aint a good thing.

I dont want to have to stop and look at my tactics and rearrange my entire team before playing just so I dont get completely arseholed by some cunt who knows the way to score in any given situation.

Keepers parry far too many shots.

Referees are still shite.

Just a random collection of thoughts there. I will give it more time as I did with FIFA but at the moment FIFA is still the top football game for me as the flaws and bugs are a lot less evident

Agreed. Also, I am loosing 1-0 to Andorra now on CYC. This is because England took the corner, it got cleared. All 21 men besides their attacker stood in positon from the corner whilst he ran through and scored passed the goaly. HE PICKED THE BALL UP IN HIS OWN HALF AND THE ENGLAND TEAM STOOD WAITING FOR THE CORNER.

wtf!?!?!

I am scared of posting my opinions in here due to the hammering that I will get from those who love the game and are blind to its faults...

Do it CW......DO IT!!!!!

I want to hear it :DD

There are a few things that are annoying about the game. But The response Times just make it for me. I don't agree with Fifa being more of a Sim - The scorelines may suggest it - but the scorelines are only that way because for the most part you can't pull off the moves you want to do. In Euro you can - which means alot more chances are successful - which is annoying also. But Still better than the shit response times in Fifa.

But I am loving the CYC!! I am a forward for Engand and I just scored in the 90th 1-0 against Israel!!! As some of you know, my misses is from Israel and I called her in and started dancing around and made her watch my goal.

She wasn't too impressed - but it made me happy!!!!

The rating system in it is bit flawed though. So many times I have whipped in a beauty of a cross and just because the other player just can't get on the end of it - it counts as a stray pass and my rating goes down :((

I have chosen Stewart Downing as one of the computer players aswell and they have put him upfront with me - which is unrealistic. Me and Him keeping Rooney and Owen out of the team :DD So they need to sort out where they place players.

also when I am doing well they always seem to boost up one of the other players I'm competing for the captaincy for. Like Jenas and Downing were doing better than me in most games. But then one game I was on an 8 and Jenas and Downing had 6. Lescott after playing shit for all the previous games then got up to an 8.4!!!!

That was annoying - as he didn't do that much different than previous games.

Anyway still love the mode - just hope it gets improved for the next Fifa game.

Still haven't played much online yet - played 3 lost 2 and won 1. But I was Israel twice and Rep Ireland. The Ireland game was a cracker. I went 2-1 down against Spain and then I got a Freekick with Duff and curled it in!! he got a third and I lost - His goal was from a keeper parry which was very annoying!!!!

But I am hooked on the CYC!!!! I need to practice more with Rep Ireland for my league games though. The defenders are very slow and I know I am going to get my Arse handed to me from the big teams with fast forwards - but Oh Well!!! :DD

There are a few things that are annoying about the game. But The response Times just make it for me. I don't agree with Fifa being more of a Sim - The scorelines may suggest it - but the scorelines are only that way because for the most part you can't pull off the moves you want to do. In Euro you can - which means alot more chances are successful - which is annoying also. But Still better than the shit response times in Fifa.
I'm with you my friend. :thumbup:

This is exactly how I feel.

I loved FIFA from October until March, the response times got too much and killed it but I loved it to pieces for six months. I have a feeling it will be the same with Euro - I will love it until the 10-0 scorelines get too much to handle - but at this moment in time I'm happy. Especially after the game I had last night, it was just brilliant, all apart from the final score.

It feels like EA have rushed it in order to get it out and cash in on the tournament. In my opinion they should have waited and given us all the new features in FIFA 09 and I am sure that with all the teams and everything else in the pot with that we would have appreciated a more fluid and polished game

It feels like EA have rushed it in order to get it out and cash in on the tournament. In my opinion they should have waited and given us all the new features in FIFA 09 and I am sure that with all the teams and everything else in the pot with that we would have appreciated a more fluid and polished game
FIFA 09 will still be like that though, this game doesn't stop that from happening. In fairness I don't think it should have been a full-price game, but saying that I prefer it to FIFA. It's certainly a mixed bag...

EA rush their games and release buggy, glitchy products, it's what they do, whether they released a Euro game or not Fifa09 would still be buggy and glitchy, same way Fifa08 is.........

The only real competition for EA is a football game where your players disappear and reappear throughout the game online, so I think that's a bit of an unfair statement... I know which bugs I'd prefer.

I am sensing that Placebo get sacked in dodgy circumstances by EA when he was younger...

Ok just played my 1st game online.

What have EA done the power bars make the game feel slugish, and response times are absolutly awful.

This game is terrible online it really is.

And what the fuck is not being able to skip the fucking celebrations about?

I can see this being taken back tommorow and getting FIFA back.

This is why they always release updates! :w00t:

They can't get the basics right though - radar colours, gk kicking foot, subs glitch, etc etc.

Ok just played my 1st game online.

What have EA done the power bars make the game feel slugish, and response times are absolutly awful.
I thought that at first, and a lot of the games are laggy, but wait until you play someone with a great connection. The difference is amazing. I've only had one or two really great connections so far and the difference from FIFA 08 is absolutely huge. But it is hard finding a game with a good enough connection.

This is why they always release updates! :w00t:

They can't get the basics right though - radar colours, gk kicking foot, subs glitch, etc etc.

You shouldn't be able to skip celebrations or goal replays. It should be up to the scorer if they want to watch replays.

Oh yes, the celebrations....

If I have to see some cunt dancing about for 10 seconds because he scored a cutback I may go on a killing spree

I am sensing that Placebo get sacked in dodgy circumstances by EA when he was younger...

When I was younger? I'm not that old :(

The only real competition for EA is a football game where your players disappear and reappear throughout the game online, so I think that's a bit of an unfair statement... I know which bugs I'd prefer.

Considering I've played 11,000 minutes offline in Fifa it doesn't stop me liking the game, but when they release a game with so many bugs and glitches I think you have every right to whinge about their quality control ;) Some of the bugs/glitches they don't spot/fix are just shocking, changing the arena player = having to download the roster constantly, how do they not find that? Changing man marking of AI substitutes = 50% game lockup (still not fixed) how do they not spot that? And reading these and the EA forums it sounds like Euro is even more buggy/glitchy than Fifa, which is some accomplishment ;)

Much like FIFA, online is where this game is at. The AI flaws start to show in single player. I think I played FIFA single player for a few weeks then just played online.

Oh yes, the celebrations....

If I have to see some cunt dancing about for 10 seconds because he scored a cutback I may go on a killing spree

Easily the worst addition of any football game ever.

I said this when they were announced tho so.......

so is there any chance thse glitches will be fixed for the US/Asian versions or is that wishful thinking.

so is there any chance thse glitches will be fixed for the US/Asian versions or is that wishful thinking.
Wishful thinking. The code will be the same.

I'm hoping for a patch - surely someone at EA will see scores of 10-9 and think "we have to fix this" - but I think that's wishful thinking as well. But I have hope.

Agreed Chris.

The problem is though, had EA released a mirror of fifa 08,people would be giving it "same game/hardly any difference/whats the point" etc.

The fact EA have made (imo)big strides with this release, shows they are starting to listen to what gamers actually want.

Never been a big fan of EA, but they are definitely making marked improvements, whereas Seabiscuit has stood still/went backwards.

id rather be enjoying the game and not seeing the flaws like you dan. so count yourself lucky you can play and enjoy!

The CYC is annoying when it sticks you on left wing all the time. Especially when your strikers act like tards!

Feel robbed of my money, will try to recoup as much as possible back.

Tried captain your country last night.

Picked Stuart Downing, I was played up front every game. :MAD:

Seriously captain your country up front is boring as hell as Milanista said earlier.

It's nearly as bad as Cut Scene Solid :SS

Back
Top Bottom