UEFA Euro 2008

What I find really funny (not in an arsey way, in a genuinely humourous way) is that a few people have said in here "offline is crap, online is great" - EDIT: see below for a perfect example - and after tonight I feel the complete opposite, I have an absolute blast with Captain Your Country but I'm seeing goalkeepers give away all the goals in Online Cup!

Saying that I do think I will adjust, I'm sure it's just a case of learning to play "proper" football. I've put "all-out attack" on quite often, and if you did that in real life you would get humped unless you were really good at the game. I would go as far as to say the game is more realistic than FIFA - except for the scorelines, mostly caused by the time being extended (which I think was a stupid move) and the goalkeepers giving away goals far too often.

Last edited:
Did anyone get a message from live saying the server's will be down due to them being updated or some bollocks.I had an update when i booted up yesterday and got this message saying that they will be down one day next week.:SS

Did anyone get a message from live saying the server's will be down due to them being updated or some bollocks.I had an update when i booted up yesterday and got this message saying that they will be down one day next week.:SS

Yeah - its like 8 hours on the 22nd or something like that. Not sure when the 8 hours are though?

yeah love this game, everything about it is pure class

played against serbia, i was croatia and lost 3-2...serbia's first goal was a great team goal...built the passing up slowly and then great cross and a flicked header across the keeper and into the far top corner

i ordered this game online and it hasn't turned up yet!!! so i went out and bought a copy....couldn't resist any longer, glad i did!! just sell the other one when it comes through

yeah love this game, everything about it is pure class

played against serbia, i was croatia and lost 3-2...serbia's first goal was a great team goal...built the passing up slowly and then great cross and a flicked header across the keeper and into the far top corner

i ordered this game online and it hasn't turned up yet!!! so i went out and bought a copy....couldn't resist any longer, glad i did!! just sell the other one when it comes through

Play against the cpu more, you'll see that same header a lot :D

Trying it on world class now, cpu still does gay turns! How can I remove them?

Jack, just do love the game, whatever complaints you have. No game is perfect. It is just your type game, unless PES. :)

Trying it on world class now, cpu still does gay turns! How can I remove them?
Start from Professional and work backwards. I don't notice it happening on Pro, if you notice it knock it down a notch, if it gets too easy then have fun realising you can't always get everything you want. ;)

Jack, just do love the game, whatever complaints you have. No game is perfect.
Exactly. I'm no fanboy so I'm happy to say there are things I don't like, but I still think it's the best football game out there. I will adjust to the online play eventually, I'll play for an hour a day to get used to it if I have to.

Finding CYC a bit slow going - enjoying it loads, but after 2 days of playing it, I realised I'd not played a normal game yet!

Wow, what a difference!

Played England v Portugal and it finished 2-2 with some great goals - one a typical Gerrard burst into the box and the other a Crouchie tap in from Walcotts bouncing cross.

Playing as the whole team (i.e. not CYC), is a lot better than FIFA (which is still good) - so much faster and I know people are making the comparison, but it does feel like PES sometimes and thats a good thing.

MAJOR PROBLEM!...

I keep getting "Dirty Disk" errors - any ideas? The disk is clean and the 360 hasnt done this before on any other game.

Anyone else had this with Euro - is it a dud copy I should take back? Is it the 360 breaking down (has it got the hump as I prefer the PS3 :D)?

@pboreham:

Thats Bad very Bad, try another Game, play it longer tha 30min, when this happens again send your Box for repair!!!
My friend has the same problem, he needs anew disc drive!!! Lense defect!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About Euro 2008

For one OnlineMatch i dicidet to get a stronger Team, and i Take the Germans, I played against England......hahaha what a desaster loosing 0:5!!!
Rematch with Greece i won 2:1!!! Thats funny, greece plays like greece, Bloody Hell defence and fine counters, in standarts Karagounis kicks ass(fine Freekicks and Corners...also Gekkas topspeed CF!these are not Stzarplayers but thats real Football!

What i can not understand is why i loose with a Team who has 5 starplayers, and i won with a Team without a Starplayer???

Anyone can say what he wants, but its First time i have a lot of Fun playing online Football, never had an expirience like this with PES2008!
Only i can remeber PES5 has made the same Fun Online....but this is Masterpiece!

Last edited:
MAJOR PROBLEM!...

I keep getting "Dirty Disk" errors - any ideas? The disk is clean and the 360 hasnt done this before on any other game.

Anyone else had this with Euro - is it a dud copy I should take back? Is it the 360 breaking down (has it got the hump as I prefer the PS3 :D)?
Uh-oh, "dirty disc" errors marked the start of my second 360 dying. Get the disc changed and you might be alright for a while, it worked when I exchanged the only game causing it for me (which was Forza 2 on release day), but like I say it marked the beginning of the end for that 360.

You don't deserve a 360 anyway you fanboy. ;)

MAJOR PROBLEM!...

Yep; I have that too and the ( strange ) trick to fix this is to open and then close the DVD-drive. Looks like the DVD is not positioned correctly when starting the game without opening the DVD drive.
Since I do this, I have no problems anymore.

I found that using weaker teams makes the game miles better. 4 stars and below is a huge difference guys!!!

Yeah but it's fun. But so frustrating when your 10 "1 on 1" are saved and you lose the game. Unrealistic, since it's happening in every game.

I was having a great match, all over this guy as Ireland ( I was hungary).

He scores from my keeper standing still I lose 1-0. Ruined the whole experience.

The ball was going outside (almost 4m from the post) and then my keeper jumped and it rebounded to a striker who scored in empty nets. Full time Luxembourg-France : 0-1, I almost cried.

Oh man, I just played a game in the online cup, he went Spain and I went Scotland (to practice for the Euro league). For the first time since Thursday afternoon, there was zero lag. The difference in response times was phenomenal, it was mental. Just fucking out of this world, the game instantly became ten times more fun to play. What's weird is I've played guys in the UK and it lags like hell, this guy was in Spain and it was as if he was sat next to me.

I played it slow, I passed it about, so did he (he was a good player). First thing I noticed was - he played a ball to his winger and my defender automatically started running behind the winger, which would happen all the time in FIFA 08; and you can't gain control of them. Here, all I did was move the stick down and the player moved away and into a good covering position to prevent a first-time cross. Freedom, wonderful wonderful freedom.

It was so hard to make a breakthrough, and scary at the same time because you know you can leave yourself open to a counter so easily. Just before the break, his central midfielder wandered towards the wing, and as my wing-back tried to tackle him he did a lovely bit of skill to get past me. I thought straight away, "could you do that in FIFA [without a shitload of luck, because you have to press the button combination two days in advance of when you want him to do it]? Could you bollocks." At half-time it was 0-0, neither side was really brave enough to warrant the lead.

70 minutes gone and my winger makes a great run (without me telling him to - the AI is just brilliant). Little dink to him, he dinks it back into the path of my midfielder, who dinks a short cross into the box and onto the head of the striker, whose header floats into the far corner. It was a beautiful goal, and the feeling you got from countering and not giving away possession was just perfect.

Now if the game had ended there (or around there), it would have been the most realistic online game I've ever played probably - however, because it's six minute halves, it continued.

The morale pendulum system came into force, Spain lost a lot of confidence (this has far too much of an effect I think) and the guy changed to a more attacking formation. As soon as he did, every forward pass I made was to a striker with one man to beat. The game finished 4-0. But every goal was a good one.

See, this is where it beats me up, it really does. It plays a brilliant game of football, it's just one or two things that really let it down. For me, change the half length to five minutes (or even four minutes), and make the goalkeepers hold more, and it's the perfect game online in my eyes.

Such a great experience, but tarnished by such a stupid scoreline.

dunno what use are doing but everythin i hit goes wide or too the keeper, i dont score more than 1 in a game, if i do fuckin score.

jack u are all over the place with your comments, when fifa came out it was like you saw god and now u dont like it? make up your mind, this is game is fantastic

i bet you fella's are all single, one minute you loved her then you didn't then you did then you didn't etc etc etc

catch my drift

Back
Top Bottom