UEFA Euro 2008

And it still let you continue using your character from the 2 player CYC? Are you definately selecting Continue Your Career and not copy existing player?

When you did your 2 player CYC, was your mate signed in as a guest or did he recover his gamertag and sign in with that?

Yep, I continued with the character from the 2-player, carried the stats and everything, I'm sure of it. I'll check it all out again when I get home (in my parents at the moment) but I'm 99% sure it let me continue my career because the first career I started as a CM and we didn't make it. Second season was as a RM base-copied from the CM and again we didn't make it. I've now started my own CYC and I carried on the career of my RM.

My mate was signed in with his GT but it did say something like stats wont be tracked as we're using more than one profile.

Like I say, something tells me it's got something to do with what you chose at the end of the tournament when you get asked if you want to keep the squads or save etc.

CW was never signed in round mine either, so it can't be that. Could be the thing at the end of the tourny like you're saying, because I always selected load default squads. So guess that overwrites any players that had been created and saved? We'll give that a try next time we do one.

No doubt I wont get through on my CYC again (I'm crap) so I'll see what happens with me and keep a note of what options I choose.

I was just wondering, because I've not seen it anywhere. Are the points different for each position on captain your country mode?

Like if a defender scores, will it be worth more points than a striker because they're less likely to do so?

I was just wondering, because I've not seen it anywhere. Are the points different for each position on captain your country mode?

Like if a defender scores, will it be worth more points than a striker because they're less likely to do so?

I don't think so. As a winger, I get VERY little points for a successful cross (0.2 or something) but if I make a tackle I get 2.0 points or something. It should be the other way around really, I should get more points for a cross than tackling as a winger.

Just a global points system I think.

The celebration mode kills the game for me, because I play always with the dynamic camera and everytime I score the camera don't show the net but the player... :(

With CYC, what are you guys doing - i.e. creating yourself, a random 'star', creating an existing player, or doing 'BAP'?

I am trying to create youngsters (like the Southend player Franck Moussa I mentioned).

I dont like putting myself in as thats unrealistc ("Rooney... to Boreham - GOAL! :D)

So I'm trying to think of some young B-Team type players to start careers with... any ideas? Especially for England.

Was thinking of the following (not England)...

Flamini
Fabregas (is he a mainstay of the Spain side now?)
Lassana Diarra
Sebastian Larsson

Be stumped TBH! Trying to also think of Captain material - like I was going to start as Theo Walcott, but the thought of him captaining England in a major champs is absurd...

Help!

I'm starting to get bored of the same teams already, after one day :roll:

The goalie parries, the "super" lower ranked teams pinging it about, the useless ratings system and the dodgy AI when playing CYC.

I think I'd like to try FIFA 08 again to see the differences side by side.

With CYC, what are you guys doing - i.e. creating yourself, a random 'star', creating an existing player, or doing 'BAP'?

I am trying to create youngsters (like the Southend player Franck Moussa I mentioned).

I dont like putting myself in as thats unrealistc ("Rooney... to Boreham - GOAL! :D)

So I'm trying to think of some young B-Team type players to start careers with... any ideas? Especially for England.

Was thinking of the following (not England)...

Flamini
Fabregas (is he a mainstay of the Spain side now?)
Lassana Diarra
Sebastian Larsson

Be stumped TBH! Trying to also think of Captain material - like I was going to start as Theo Walcott, but the thought of him captaining England in a major champs is absurd...

Help!

Mate Fabregas is one of Spain's star players :DD

Just played captain your country for my first 2 games.

I am myself - But I had to choose the commentary name Roberts - as it didn't have my last name - so it destroys a bit if the magic :((

I have scored twice and set up a goal in two games on Professional. I got 8.4 and 8.3. Jenus is the computer player and got 9.7 in the first game and 10!!!! in the second.

How can I beat that????!!!! Crazy!!

I am liking it though :DD

But I hae literally played 4 games in total on this game. Two normal games and two CYC. I haven't played online yet.

Got to say something lads. I'm nothing if not honest.

I've been raving about CYC, I think it's the best mode that there's ever been and the AI is the best I've encountered. I had a few games with mates (offline), 0-0s, 1-0s and 2-0s, and so thought I'd be "ready" to play online.

Three games in a row now, there have been 4-6 goals in the first half, all of them rebounds from a keeper save or a cutback, and all of the games have been really laggy. :(

I still love the game so I don't want any fuckers telling me I always change my mind - A) I had only played CYC, plus one or two online games on Thursday (when it seems nobody knew any exploits because the game was so new), and B) it is my favourite football game to date purely for the CYC mode.

But they shouldn't have made the half-time six minutes (I didn't see many 0-0s when it was on five minutes so why change it?) and I don't know why the keepers are parrying everything to a striker - even more so than in FIFA 08, and they did it often enough in that. And why is the lag so heavy? I don't think they imagined many people from the UK would buy it and so they've sold us short on servers.

I'm hoping I just need to adapt, and already I'm learning to play a deeper defence and play a more patient game of football. Which is a good thing, so it could well be that I need to adapt. But this evening has been a bit of a culture shock.

all of them rebounds from a keeper save or a cutback, and all of the games have been really laggy. :(

Hang on mate, I complained about all of those things this morning and you said it was persistent complaining, and now you're saying exactly the same things I was saying? :LOL: ;))

Got to say something lads. I'm nothing if not honest.

I've been raving about CYC, I think it's the best mode that there's ever been and the AI is the best I've encountered. I had a few games with mates (offline), 0-0s, 1-0s and 2-0s, and so thought I'd be "ready" to play online.

Three games in a row now, there have been 4-6 goals in the first half, all of them rebounds from a keeper save or a cutback, and all of the games have been really laggy. :(

I still love the game so I don't want any fuckers telling me I always change my mind - A) I had only played CYC, plus one or two online games on Thursday (when it seems nobody knew any exploits because the game was so new), and B) it is my favourite football game to date purely for the CYC mode.

But they shouldn't have made the half-time six minutes (I didn't see many 0-0s when it was on five minutes so why change it?) and I don't know why the keepers are parrying everything to a striker - even more so than in FIFA 08, and they did it often enough in that. And why is the lag so heavy? I don't think they imagined many people from the UK would buy it and so they've sold us short on servers.

I'm hoping I just need to adapt, and already I'm learning to play a deeper defence and play a more patient game of football. Which is a good thing, so it could well be that I need to adapt. But this evening has been a bit of a culture shock.

jack how is 2 v 2 local, has anyone tried that, this is the most important mode for me.

Hang on mate, I complained about all of those things this morning and you said it was persistent complaining, and now you're saying exactly the same things I was saying? :LOL: ;))
Yeah because you say the same thing ten times and say the good things once, before saying the bad things ten times again. :lol:

I hadn't played enough online though, because I'm enjoying offline so much. But it was a hell of a shock.

jack how is 2 v 2 local, has anyone tried that, this is the most important mode for me.
Great. Reactions are improved, passing with the passing guage is great, it's a brilliant game. The only problems I have are the goalkeepers giving away too many rebounds and putting themselves in bad positions for cutbacks ( which isn't too much of a problem offline, my mates aren't exploit kings ;) ) and the referees who still let you break players' legs when they're 1-on-1.

Selling this now and reverting back to FIFA. It wasnt even good whilst it lasted :D

Give me 5v5 online anyday over this PES mock up :)

Selling this now and reverting back to FIFA. It wasnt even good whilst it lasted :D

I hope I dont feel like this after a couple of days. I'm keeping Fifa anyway - so It won't bother me that much :DD

Sadly enough I don't think you're going to be the last gathering from a few MSN conversations, but I'm going to try and adjust to online. Well, I'm going to force myself - I need a football game and it's either this or FIFA, and at the end I hated FIFA so much I just wanted to smash the disc into pieces. And I'm certainly not going to play PES (or Football Manager after being sacked for getting the club promoted). And I still love CYC to bits.

Keep it mate, silliest thing I ever did getting rid of that game.

This just feels and looks too much like pes2008 for me :(

This is the first time I've ever known you and CW to disagree on anything, I reckon one of you is going to try and ban the other one before the month is out. :lol:

i see what some of you are saying because i have also experienced the pes style games

but if you go a lower star team it is so different than playing 100mph france for example

i was san marino in the online cup, playing switz

i went all out defence, deep line and closing down in my own box, he came flying at me, which he couldnt break down, i kept possesion and couldnt even get into his box, so i remained patient and altered my tactics to just defend with a normal back line, which helped give me more support upfront

i then played a long ball upfront as i could see my attacker between the two defenders, i brought it down and turned inside wrong footed the defender, carried into the box to hammer home a great finish

after half time i got the ball down the wing after some steady build up, had no-one in the box so delayed my cross , my only attacker made a late run into the box which i found and he headed home

i only had two chances and i took them, and he then quit on the 60th min

what i am saying is there is different balances to this game and i am liking it

The main problem I find with the game is every nation seem to play the same when on the ball, you rarely see a centrehalf play a hopefully long ball like you would every week in the real game.

Instead every team seems to be playing fluent passing football, even the Faroes did it against my England B Team, which is ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom