UEFA Euro 2008

Having now played Euro08 for about an hour, unsurprisingly I'm joining the underwhelmed camp.

Single player off-line is garbage, but I already knew that.

But CYC is full of holes. The AI, as has been mentioned regularly, can at times result in great looking moves, but I'm getting a bit fed up leading a match and during the latter stages when the cpu team needs a goal, my defenders jsut stand around and let the cpu atacker stroll past them and score a scripted goal. Towards the end of every match, I end up having to traipse back and do all the defending myself as my defenders are clearly not going to tackle the opposition.

At the other end of the pitch, I had one match when 5 times, yes F-I-V-E, my striker was played clean through 1-on-1 and blasted a shot which each time, the keeper pulled off a miraculous save, parrying the ball into the path of my other striker, who runs in and rather than slot it home into the empty net, blasts it off the bar. You'd think they'd program their game so that it uses more than one cheat throughout a match to stop your team scoring. Incidently, my team won that match 3-2, so it's nothing to do with sour grapes at losing, just dismay at the poor AI and obvious scripted nature so reminiscent of PES.

This game needs one thing and one thing only - 5v5 on-line. EA, ditch the AI and go for 10v10 for FIFA09. Thank god I've still got FIFA08.

Try world class and get back to us

im staying out of these now if people are playing it on a easy level and moaning there is no point

Try world class and get back to us

im staying out of these now if people are playing it on a easy level and moaning there is no point

Coopz I understand what you are saying but for peeps like me WC and Ldry are just too hard,thus making it very frustrating:anx:

All I wanna do is get online :MAD::cry:

Damn you EA sort it out please. I haven't been able to connect to the EA servers once. Gutted.

Mine has been fine and I got connected and played 3 games earlier. Wish I fucking hadn't though as I lost all 3! Including the Online KO Cup final as Ukraine to England :((.

I can connect, but there are F@king good players around the net, i have only won 1 game from 5 online, so i have to practice!

Liking this alot. Biggest minus for me so far is the lack of a Welsh license!? My dreams of a CYC with Freddy Eastwood (Eaglewood) is in tatters!

Really responsive, liking it. Will be weird going back to FIFA08 after.

Anyway, back to CYC for my young fictional Swedish hope!

Well played my 1st few games.

Completely underwhelmed to be honest.

Absolutely no difference from FIFA really.

response times are worse if anything.

Can't believe I have traded fIFA in for this.

Come on mate, you can not be serious

Just been to my mates and we had to play PES 2008, he wont play FIFA. :((

UEFA is quality.

Seriously Seadogg should be publicly stoned, not stoned due to puffing his funny fags.

No more rants from me. :LOL:

Yep Im online and working now. Had my first online game and guess who I randomnly got? JB's Dad. Good game mate.

LOL! He said he'd played a cheating bastard.

;) :lol:

Someone utterly thrashed him, it was 3-0 when I went in there but it was probably more than that at the end. It wasn't you was it?! You nearly gave him a stroke!!

Dont see many of the errors/"cheats" that some of you are seeing.

Its late and i'm tired, so excuse any crabbyness, but I dont wanna read 80 pages of a thread with posts about little bugs.

I dont know where this has all come from to be honest. No game is ever perfect and never, EVER will be. PES6 is probably the best footy game I've ever played (PC version) and I've had more hours of fun with that than any other game. It used to frustrate me, elate me, keep me playing to the small hours etc - but you could never call it perfect, yet I never let the bugs bother me.

Same as FIFA/EURO. FIFA is a massive step on and its got plenty of frustrations, especially with the smaller teams - but to me, it seems EURO has ironed (or tried to) iron some of these out and also introduce new gameplay elements.

Yet we get "the AI 'cheats'" which is a ridiculous statement - its not "cheating" - it may be poorly programmed AI, or obvious scripting, but get over caling it cheating! This is also said about PES too and I ask who cares enough to get worked up about it.

A post a few up goes on about his player was clean through and the keeper saved it 5 times. Have you never watched a live game of football! These things can happen - and did it really hit the bar 5 times too, or is that a little stretch o the truth?

Even if not, I've seen games IRL where teams have hit the woodwork 4/5 times - there was one on MOTD the other week - the teams escape me, but it was incredible.

I say stop picking holes in games and enjoy them for what they are and accept they will never be perfect. If you want a perfect game, then you may as well stop buying them.

There will always be stinkers that you can obviously avoid - same as you get crappy albums or films...

Just the whole gaming community net wide at the moment are picking the tiniest things apart in games ("the anistropic filtering is only 2x WTF!", "is that a split second of slowdown? Disgraceful!" blah, blah...)

God I'm tired.

Forgive me! Enjoy your games boys!

Im getting a litle bit nerous, i play a gme VS CPU for training, i kick the ball out and the Game Hang UP(cant get back, totaly freezed)! Has someone ever had the same prob??? its second time i had this! Is it the 360 or the DVD, then i bring it back i hat warranty!!!

I've had an incident where I waited 30 seconds for the game to continue, I LITERALLY had my finger on the power button to switch it off and then it started working again. It seems to hang (not crash but hang for quite a long time sometimes) at the end of a match in CYC.

Dont see many of the errors/"cheats" that some of you are seeing.

Its late and i'm tired, so excuse any crabbyness, but I dont wanna read 80 pages of a thread with posts about little bugs.

I dont know where this has all come from to be honest. No game is ever perfect and never, EVER will be. PES6 is probably the best footy game I've ever played (PC version) and I've had more hours of fun with that than any other game. It used to frustrate me, elate me, keep me playing to the small hours etc - but you could never call it perfect, yet I never let the bugs bother me.

Same as FIFA/EURO. FIFA is a massive step on and its got plenty of frustrations, especially with the smaller teams - but to me, it seems EURO has ironed (or tried to) iron some of these out and also introduce new gameplay elements.

Yet we get "the AI 'cheats'" which is a ridiculous statement - its not "cheating" - it may be poorly programmed AI, or obvious scripting, but get over caling it cheating! This is also said about PES too and I ask who cares enough to get worked up about it.

A post a few up goes on about his player was clean through and the keeper saved it 5 times. Have you never watched a live game of football! These things can happen - and did it really hit the bar 5 times too, or is that a little stretch o the truth?

Even if not, I've seen games IRL where teams have hit the woodwork 4/5 times - there was one on MOTD the other week - the teams escape me, but it was incredible.

I say stop picking holes in games and enjoy them for what they are and accept they will never be perfect. If you want a perfect game, then you may as well stop buying them.

There will always be stinkers that you can obviously avoid - same as you get crappy albums or films...

Just the whole gaming community net wide at the moment are picking the tiniest things apart in games ("the anistropic filtering is only 2x WTF!", "is that a split second of slowdown? Disgraceful!" blah, blah...)

God I'm tired.

Forgive me! Enjoy your games boys!

Great post.

Back
Top Bottom