UEFA Euro 2008

Hmmmm...well a lot of people still played Fifa 08 after the initial period and still liked it until the Uefa demo came out.

And alot of people did'nt.Me included.

Alot of memebers here felt the same and alot of my friends gave up on the obvious flaws within 2 months.

Dont get me wrong here, FIFA 08 was a fantastic effort and a huge step in the right direction, unfortunately it was obvious that there were about another 100 steps to go.

I beleive this game may well have improved but there are the typical flaws starting to rear its ugly head (from what I am reading)so rather than be amazed and then suddenly dissapointed, I would just rather keep checking back to see whats what.

PES is miles off but FIFA is still a country mile off being the definitive footy game, I bet they just about get it right and then we'll move into the PS4 and Eggbox123987865373 next gen machines.

Call me a synic but I have seen this over and over again in my 20 years of gaming, maybe some of us are getting tired of the lack of innovation at the prices we are expected to pay...................

Oh, in CYC make sure the players you choose as rivals are good. Rooney is a rival but having a NIGHTMARE tournament and we can't take him out of the team or sub him off because he's a rival.

After playing this game pretty much solid for 3 days! the only thing i really want improved for fifa 09 is the shooting, it seems like unless you 1 on 1 with the keeper, the keeper saves nearly everything. The ball just gets blasted straight at him nearly all of the time.
I did the euro tournament on world class and at the semi's against france, who i didnt beat first so im having a break!! Started a Captain your country game aswell, looks like it could be fun, only played 2 games. First game got man of the match, and 2nd got made captain of the B side. Not so sure i should of choose terry, rooney and gerrard as my computer players. Might start again with bently, lennon and walcott or something, to make it more realistic. Who did everybody else choose for this mode?

EA have shut it down because too many anus wipes are using France.:-pp and doing the same lame cutback goal with Henry to Anelka.

The only thing they want is winning i prefer a great match, and when iloose...so let it be, for me its fun to see great players, fine moves nice goals!:oooh::r1to all france players(exceptFrench one)!!!

:MAD: I can't believe I can't get online :MAD: Yet there are people on my friends list playing online, Joe from here for example. WTF is going on?

There's a thread on the EA forums about it, I recommend everyone reports their problems in there: CLICK

Someone created a new account and said it works now, so one theory is that it's only stopped working for people who had the game before Friday - saying that, Joe had the game before Friday didn't he...

There's a thread on the EA forums about it, I recommend everyone reports their problems in there: CLICK

Someone created a new account and said it works now, so one theory is that it's only stopped working for people who had the game before Friday - saying that, Joe had the game before Friday didn't he...
I only got the game today. As soon as I booted it asked for an update.

Well played my 1st few games.

Completely underwhelmed to be honest.

Absolutely no difference from FIFA really.

response times are worse if anything.

Can't believe I have traded fIFA in for this.

Just noticed, on EAFootballWorld.com they've reset my online stats from yesterday ("Played 0") but the results are still there... Something is going on.

no difference from Fifa and worse response times?

:lmao:

I've just got the game, played a couple of friendlies then went into captain your country mode.

It was about the 80th minute and one of my players was being subbed, so I pressed x to skip it, and it locked out with the screen just looking at Wembley stadium.

I had to press quit game and got the three bleeps from my PS3.

Oh yeah, I don't think I saw Ashley Young in there, were my eyes deceiving me or was he not in the England squad yet his team-mate Agbonlahor, who doesn't have any England caps is in the squad?

Last edited:

Well trade it back then, I'm sure it will be worth more.

thx, but dries14 got the game last saturday because he is world champ, and he can play now

The buzz has gone for me quicker than it did with 08. The CYC is a bit of a mess in all honesty. The ratings system is knackered which ruins the whole mode because if you don't constantly play 2 yard passes and not do any shots or risk any long passes, then that's the only way to guarantee a decent rating. And if you don't stick to basics with no remotely risky moves (by risky I mean a 20 yard pass or trying to cross from the wing) then your rating means you don't go to the final tournament.

Anyone else have their strikers constantly shooting from outside the area? The strikers seem scared to attempt to take people on, instead wanting to turn back and play the ball back to a midfielder instead of taking the man on.

This is all on Pro mind, maybe the AI gets better on better levels?

Just played 2 of them online knockout cup games and lost them both. The first game I was N Ireland and lost on penalties. The second game I was Latvia and played France, got completely arseholed 10-1.

On a sidenote the guy wasnt even fucking French, he was Welsh. That makes it even fucking worse!!

Just played 2 of them online knockout cup games and lost them both. The first game I was N Ireland and lost on penalties. The second game I was Latvia and played France, got completely arseholed 10-1.

On a sidenote the guy wasnt even fucking French, he was Welsh. That makes it even fucking worse!!

I went 2-0 up with NI vs Germany and ended up losing 5-2 :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom