UEFA Euro 2008

Hmpf... went to Game with the intention of getting it today as posted... £50 fucking quid?!

They can kiss my ass, even if my trade-ins would probably have covered it.

How can they justify charging that for PS3 games? Game have always been upper end price wise, but never that dear.

I had a look at some of the second hand games for PS3 (just out of interest) and COD4 was £44.99, Skate £39.99, FIFA £42.99

Just incredible... sorry to go off topic, thats just made my blood boil!

Gonna get Euro online as and when now and sell my trade-ins on ebay... (wanted it today though... damn! :()

Settings you change during games will be applied for that game if you click "advance". You can permanently save your changes using the edit functions from the main menu but it's not neccessary unless you will always use the same formation/settings (I change quite often).
Okay thanks, will try that. I use different formations, but all of them are customized, so I needed to know how I should do that ;)
I can understand what you're saying about there not being enough support - have you tried giving the LW/RW players sideways arrows? Then they should cut inside when you have the ball in attacking positions, giving you more people in and around the box. If you give them forward arrows they may just run straight up and down the line for crossing purposes. Just a thought!
And if that doesn't work you can always edit the formation to push them inside more.
Yes tried that. But my wingers should stay wide. Especially against crowded penalty-area's. I think the game is made in such a way that only attacking midfielders come forward that much; not CM's. If this is really the case, EA has cheated a bit and just fixed players at assigned positions, which would be a bad solution.
About your last comment: That's not how I want it to be. I want wide players and supporting midfielders, just like in PES ( sorry to use this comparisation :D ). I think in the tactics-department EA have still to make progress...

Last edited:
Hmpf... went to Game with the intention of getting it today as posted... £50 fucking quid?!

How can they justify charging that for PS3 games? Game have always been upper end price wise, but never that dear.

I had a look at some of the second hand games for PS3 (just out of interest) and COD4 was £44.99, Skate £39.99, FIFA £42.99

Gonna get Euro online as and when now and sell my trade-ins on ebay... (wanted it today though... damn! :()

Did you happen to notice the price of the 360 version mate?

I'm in the same boat I need to trade to afford it.

Do Game not still do the price match thing?

Dunno, was so shocked I was walking around in a daze! :D I wasnt expecting £34.99, but thats just nasty. Its £39.99 on their website, dont know how they can justify a £10 difference with free delivery.

I asked if I could trade in my games onto a Game card and use that online, but they've stopped allowing that now too.

Seems they just want to drive everyone to buy online.

No they dont ive just been in to see if they would price match HMV as thats the ony place that sems to have it for 40, evrywhere else its 45 including tesco's!

haha reading these few comments about supposedly poor AI is making me laugh

anyhow im not getting into any arguements, this is the best football game i have ever played on or offline

i had a wierd bug last night though.

I was playing a online cup and it was very very laggy at first so the guy paused it and must have switched whatever he was download off (becuase it was smooth as silk after) but when the game came back on the was no player cursers, radar, scores or anything on the screen.
So i booted the ball out of play and they came back, we got to the 45th minute and i was thinking this extra time is going on for ages then the commentator said something like 60 minutes gone!!! So we played a full 90 minutes with the clock stuck on 45, we didnt change ends or have a break at HT :LOL:

haha reading these few comments about supposedly poor AI is making me laugh

anyhow im not getting into any arguements, this is the best football game i have ever played on or offline
In that case I think you don't have good arguments against those comments ;)
I made a few comments in my reply for Jack Bauer and I invite you to play with Holland and see if you can counter my complaints. I am almost sure that in the end you will agree with me :)

Argh!!! Is it worth £50 to the "Game-Nazi's"...

They got grilling from EA so have to charge £50 tbh i would never pay that even if i was desperate.

Always pre order online for me from Shopto or Gameplay prefer Shopto though as they are solid for me. :))

anyone noticed the commentary bug

i have heard it quite a few times. the commentator will say joe cole and neither teams are england

I made a few comments in my reply for Jack Bauer and I invite you to play with Holland and see if you can counter my complaints. I am almost sure that in the end you will agree with me :)

What difficulty are you on?

and are you using one of the bumpers/triggers to make your man make a run?

I have heard from an inside source that you are talking out of your butt.

Go back to the WENB forums and slurp on there "exclusive" clips of Seabass rolling a joint while saying "Fuck you consumers".

i have heard it quite a few times. the commentator will say joe cole and neither teams are england

Maybe they have programmed it in for the tournament that england players are there in the stand watching on their holiday ;)

Got it for £39 at Blockbusters and they gave me £18 trade in on Pro Evo, oh and you get a free football! I cant believe iv moved to the dark side!

So is this £44.99 in GAME shops? I have a few games ready to take up for trade-in but not sure if it'll cover that.

I didnt have a account with them, but they opened me a games one up in the store so i could trade in Pro. Didnt need any ID!

Had I have known this an hour ago, I wouldnt have traded FIFA 08 and Rainbow 2 on Wednesday in game, thinking the £45 would cover the £40 for euro.

I get there and its £49.99 - what a fucking joke. I paid it because I had to basically. The manager was behind the counter, and just as I was about to be served he went into the back and a pretty girl came out.

I was about to release a tirade of abuse but he got away. Then I read the sign "We do not tolerate abuse of staff members blah blah"

I walked out paying £4.99 and £45 off my credit from the 2 games.

I will NEVER, EVER shop at Game again.

Now I am going to have my dinner, play some Euro, go the opticians, then play more Euro.

Good Day.

Back
Top Bottom