UEFA Euro 2008

Just had the best game ever, 2-2 draw against Bulgaria, it was end to end stuff and the tempo was non stop. This game is so realistic.

Also after playing the demo again, I have noticed the difference in reaction times, I think I have just adapted to it already thats all.

8.5/10 for me so far, going to give Captain Your Country a go for the rest of the day now.

You're praising the game so much and you still haven't played what most are saying is the games best feature?! You should be in for a pleasant surprise :D

Just had the best game ever, 2-2 draw against Bulgaria, it was end to end stuff and the tempo was non stop. This game is so realistic.

Also after playing the demo again, I have noticed the difference in reaction times, I think I have just adapted to it already thats all.

8.5/10 for me so far, going to give Captain Your Country a go for the rest of the day now.

I think you need to let off some steam mate.

Thumb through the laundry basket for an old sock and knock one out.

The first time a football game hasn't let me down, then again I went in expecting zero change from FIFA 08.

Im really pleased with the end result.

Im not normally this easily pleased trust me.

Asda will be selling at midnight, JayD. Though the more I think of it, I'll likely wait til tomorrow. If I get it at midnight, I'll want to go to sleep not long after anyway and I'll only play it tomorrow morning, when my ShopTo copy SHOULD arrive ...

Faces and crowd should be improved for fifa 09 to give a more realistic experiece, like the presence of subs on the bench.

Gameplay wise i think reaction times are ok, maybe a bit faster wouldn't hurt, animations and player model seems improved, off the ball movements are pretty good. Keepers can be refined but ai for keepers is always pretty difficult i guess.

I honestly believe fifa 09 is gonna be a masterpiece. The pillars of the game are strong, just some tweaks here and there and is gonna be a joy to play and see.

yes excactly, i will see what Fifa 09 will do..... this gameplay with clubteams??? WOHOOOOOO, this will hold me all night after work playing! So that i was waiting for... now Konami cant sleep any longer without having a real other game that has a good gameplay! This will be Seabasses Nightmare! Fifa and Masterpiece! When will Fifa 09 come out???

Last edited:
Its the fact you can do it though, the demo has piss poor AI and everyone has commented on it.

I bet you a tenner if you tried it on full version you would get hounded down and lose the ball.

Its the very fact you have the ability to do this if your quick which makes it so exciting!!!

i have managed it online

i have also used the flick over there head while facing them, did it against tim and then volleys into row F

still looked good tho

yes excactly, i will see what Fifa 09 will do..... this gameplay with clubteams??? WOHOOOOOO, this will hold me all night after work playing! So that i was waiting for... now Konami cant sleep any longer without having a real other game that has a good gameplay! This will be Seabasses Nightmare! Fifa and Masterpiece! When will Fifa 09 come out???

Dont't worry for Pes 2009 I tell you King will come and everybody see:DD

I have been playing this game since 1pm today and in terms of sheer gameplay (ie game flow, AI etc.) this is a quantum leap for football game genre. I have never ever played a game which is so realistic and is as close to the real thing as possible. In four hours of playing this game I have seen the AI do things that I never thought a computer controlled team would ever do. You have to be intelligent and real build up your attacks, players move in a very realistic manner and make some excellent runs. Passing is spot on and players of high passing ability can do excellent through balls.

I thought that the "captain your country" mode would be a gimmick, but after playing it I am very very impressed, the games are very life like. Your team mates behave in a very realistic manner and you have to real thinking about what you are doing on the pitch (in terms of where to run, who to pass to, when to make a tackle etc). This mode is going to be huge, especially if they can put it online because it has been so well done.

I never thought I would ever write the next few words "hats of to EA you have produced the finest football game that I have ever played".

Cracking goal there Coopz, the run by the forward was quality, as was the ball to him. Nice finish too. The AI seems a lot better than 08 judging by the demo and the videos I've seen from people here, right?

I'm not kidding you, I've been playing for six hours on Captain Your Country and just now, for the first time, I got Man Of The Match.

When that national anthem played... It was a real lump in the throat moment.

PES is dead and buried I'm afraid.

so guys remember that PS3 magazine that gave this game 67%. who was the reviewer and where is he hiding?? :)

^ Yeah that's a nice touch. And also vibration if you hit the woodwork.

Doing captain your country mode with CW, (he's round my house not online), and I've just been dropped from the England B team :-ll. Really realistic though, as I had a very poor game in my last game and got a final rating of about 3.9 or something. McLaren has shifted the team about this game too, CW is playing in his preferred CDM role, whereas in the past games he's been stuck out on the left midfield. I was dropped for Walcott and Phil Neville is on the left of midfield.

Amazing, this mode is truly amazing :applaud:.

Imagine if FIFA 09 has you playing in the league for a club team, and you get called up to the B team, then main national team if you start playing really well ...

Loads of possibilities for EA here.

^ Yeah that's a nice touch. And also vibration if you hit the woodwork.

Doing captain your country mode with CW, (he's round my house not online), and I've just been dropped from the England B team :-ll. Really realistic though, as I had a very poor game in my last game and got a final rating of about 3.9 or something. McLaren has shifted the team about this game too, CW is playing in his preferred CDM role, whereas in the past games he's been stuck out on the left midfield. I was dropped for Walcott and Phil Neville is on the left of midfield.

Amazing, this mode is truly amazing :applaud:.

WOW! Are you guys going to start over, or just quit now?

I think my fucking postman must be playing mine as I still aint got it

Mine turned up at 10:40am. Rather than deliver the game through my letter box, he kindly left me a card to say he's taken it back to the depot, because it requires a signature. The deopt is now shut until tomorrow. First time I've ever used ShopTo, and the last. No other company I've ever used sends games recorded delivery.

I've just done a Captain Your Country and watching the highlights I realise just how realistic it was. The opposition piled all their men into the box, England couldn't get a shot off apart from once or twice when Nicky Shorey got fed up and just blasted a shot in from outside the area, one of which nearly went in. The pressure is on you all the time, it's pouring down, and your player feels heavy and lethargic. It's very hard to break through.

Tactically and AI-wise the game is brilliant. You DON'T NEED to press the pass button any more - if you're in a good position, you will get a pass. They know what you need, a quick one or a slow through-ball while you run into position.

Bearing in mind Captain Your Country is offline only, 1-4 players, I think the game will be best offline again - just like in the good old days.

This is the best game mode in a football game for a long time, I reckon. Please oh please let them patch it to be online at some point. Pisses all over 5v5.

Captain-your-country is the only mode I could bear in the demo and I really like it. This is the reason I'm buying the game so glad to know you're enjoying it in the full version.

What's your opinion of how the weak nations like Faroes play in terms of passing accuracy? Is it still a case of every pass is a pin-point pass and they only lose possession because they run out of attackers to pass to as they're all back defending, or are they noticably more shabby in their passing? And do they go on implausible mazy dribbles?

nice to hear that other ones love captain your country as well

I think it's a real improvement, and can't wait to play club seasons with it :-)

I have to agree with Jack Bauers Review

as playing mainly offline, I think the reaction times are quite ok, but I haven't been able to play a proper online match so far (didn't try it often tough)
this could be a real problem

additionally the stuttering / slow downs are a real disappointment :(

Back
Top Bottom