UEFA Euro 2008

Will do mate. Just very saddened by Jack's take. I really hope it isn't as bad as he makes it out to be. I have stopped playing the Demo in the hope that I will forget the quick reaction times altogether so that the actual game's response times can feel natural and right.

offline is fine, online when the connection isnt great then you notice the response issues

but it can still be fine online

just got back on 360 after an hour of on euro08 ps3,IMO the 360 is far better in everyway,i thought ps3 was smoother but i was wrong.i won't be playing it on ps3 again.

This game is awsome..played it all night last night..best football game ever made although its bloody hard on pro level..i beat andorra, drew with protugal and drew with another shit team cant remeber who..playing as england and doing a full tournamnet with friendlys

this is the better game but I have to admit I'm disappointed with the reaction times. I'm pleased with everything else, the AI, the goalkeepers, the passing, the shots - but the reaction times could have been better.

I'm glad you noticed it too. I was beginning to wonder if some people were playing another version of Uefa2008...

Reaction times in the demo are superior to the final game. I went back to the demo yesterday and almost couldn't stop playing (even though the pace is a bit unrealistic). Too bad. I'll have to live with it and hope the best for fifa09.

I used to have a 360 and a ps3. Now i only have a ps3. If fifa09 turns out to be shit on the ps3 aswell, i'll get myself a 360 again. It might be a good thing anyway to have both consoles during the fourth quarter of the year.

I have decided to play the demo all day in anticipation for me getting the game in the morning.

This is the reason I think it will be one of the start of a football gaming revolution....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=viNbvm6X3Cc

You have to be joking right? Thats exactly everything football games SHOULD NOT be about. How many times have you seen that happen in a real life match? I'd bargain never.

Hope FIFA doesnt go back to being a skill-fest again :(

Bearing in mind i have just gone into Captain your Country mode straight playing on Professional and this is PS3 version.

Positives.

* Player movement is superb way players find space etc.
* Players are so much more realistic take Rooney his work rate was like real life getting stuck into every tackle whilst some other players were lathargic.
* Shooting seems refined from demo but maybe thats just me nearly scored a cracker in first shot on goal keeper got fingers to it.
* Like how you got to build your stats up in Captain your Country you start low but you get points at end of game so can add on and get better.
* Atmosphere is superb

Negatives

* High through balls seems to be abit crap from AI they hardly get it right the weight is to short most of time.
* Stuttering on PS3 version this is stadium specific though no excuse even if it is port about time it was fixed.

Cant think of much else at minute not played proper game glued to Captain your Country. :DD

Last edited:
Its the fact you can do it though, the demo has piss poor AI and everyone has commented on it.

I bet you a tenner if you tried it on full version you would get hounded down and lose the ball.

Its the very fact you have the ability to do this if your quick which makes it so exciting!!!

Is it just me the celebration box keeps coming up for? I thought they were going to get rid of it after it comes up once. It's coming up for every goal for me. :(

Is it just me the celebration box keeps coming up for? I thought they were going to get rid of it after it comes up once. It's coming up for every goal for me. :(

In the demo it seemed if you DIDNT press anything for a few goals then it would go away. If you frantically press every button trying to make it go away then you'll "encourage" the system to think you want it to stay up.

Captain your country is the best mode i have ever played

2 mates just cames down and we created ourselves and its absolutly brilliant to play in. My mate whos a CM scored on his debut and was going mad haha. The thing is becuase were all shit atm we have to play quick shorts passes becuase we lose the ball if we try anything else.

I am up front and we have just played 2 games where they have had 9 men behind the ball and i cant find any space at all so its forcing me to drop deep or out wide :))

What a fucking game

2 mates just cames down and we created ourselves and its absolutly brilliant to play in. My mate whos a CM scored on his debut and was going mad haha. The thing is becuase were all shit atm we have to play quick shorts passes becuase we lose the ball if we try anything else.

I am up front and we have just played 2 games where they have had 9 men behind the ball and i cant find any space at all so its forcing me to drop deep or out wide :))

What a fucking game

Indeed captain your country awesome :))

What a fucking game
Agreed, I don't care about the other modes - this is where it's at.

This shows what can be done with 5v5 when FIFA 09 is out, if they have a mode like this online where you have a club and you compete with eachother, against another team, it will be fucking immense.

chaps can i ask a question.

when you choose to do a qualifiying campaign is this based on actual qualifiying so scots would get france, italy, ukraine etc.. or can you randomise it?

thanks

How can they afford every game that comes out and are allways at home to play them its starting to piss me off a bit.

I need to start ordering games online.

Pfff.. just came back on line ( there was a huge network-failure in my area ) and found 7 new pages of posts overhere! :BLINK:
I picked some posts out:

+ Defence / attack balance is now perfect IMO; this will of course be down to personal beliefs, but from what I know about football and from the years that I've played it, this is spot on. You make a tackle, you miss, you let the striker in. You make a tackle and get the ball, you feel like you've saved the day. I think this is by far the biggest and the best change and I think the realism is perfect.
I am surprised you find this so well balanced. Don't you agree that both parts of gameplay ( attacking and defending ) should be equally difficult? The margin of error is much smaller for defenders, just like you described it. Maybe it has to do with the settings: Do you have Auto-switching off in the controller-settings?

Gotta say, tactically, the teams are spot on.
I'm playing Captain Your Country, England v Liechtenstein - they've got about ten men in the box!
The AI is a lot better all-round, team-mate AI, opposition AI, tactical AI... Makes a big difference. Playing the CPU is fun again. I don't know to be honest, this is the better game but I have to admit I'm disappointed with the reaction times. I'm pleased with everything else, the AI, the goalkeepers, the passing, the shots - but the reaction times could have been better.
I'm in two minds, but this is the better game so I probably will be getting rid of FIFA.
I agree with you on this: I played with Holland against a very defending Georgia ( 5-4-1 ) and was barely able to create scoring-chances, as they defended with 9 man! Is that my limited ability or do others also have problems with those very defensive teams?

Something else: Somewhere on the last 10 pages somebody asked if here are PES-players who switched to FIFA/UEFA: Well, I bought UEFA 2008 and I am happy with most of the game and I think Konami should do their upmost best to make a better game than this one. I still like PES 2008's smoothness and in particular the defense is better balanced for the reason I wrote above in this post. I am still a fan of PES, but the balance is about to switch to FIFA/UEFA and all depend on what Konami makes from PES 2009...

I am surprised you find this so well balanced. Don't you agree that both parts of gameplay ( attacking and defending ) should be equally difficult? The margin of error is much smaller for defenders, just like you described it. Maybe it has to do with the settings: Do you have Auto-switching off in the controller-settings?
I think the balance is exactly like real life. You can learn to defend - I've had a lot of 0-0s now - but if you make a mistake the striker is in. Remember as well that this is a game for international teams - if you slide-tackle and completely miss, the striker is going to score. If you fall on your arse because you're too eager to slide in and you gift Rooney/Henry/Ballack/Torres/Toni a 1-on-1, it's going to go in. That's realistic to me.

I agree with you on this: I played with Holland against a very defending Georgia ( 5-4-1 ) and was barely able to create scoring-chances, as they defended with 9 man! Is that my limited ability or do others also have problems with those very defensive teams?
This is real life. Play a team with four stars or higher, they will play football. You won't find them packing the box with ten men. Play a team that is obviously completely useless, and they will play for a draw and a point because that is all they can hope for. It's not like every team does it, just the ones who know they can't beat your team.

Last edited:
Just had the best game ever, 2-2 draw against Bulgaria, it was end to end stuff and the tempo was non stop. This game is so realistic.

Also after playing the demo again, I have noticed the difference in reaction times, I think I have just adapted to it already thats all.

8.5/10 for me so far, going to give Captain Your Country a go for the rest of the day now.

Back
Top Bottom