UEFA Euro 2008

Gotta say, tactically, the teams are spot on.

I'm playing Captain Your Country, England v Liechtenstein - they've got about ten men in the box! :D :lol:

The AI is a lot better all-round, team-mate AI, opposition AI, tactical AI... Makes a big difference. Playing the CPU is fun again.

Nice one Jack, is it worth it trade Fifa 08 for this?
I don't know to be honest, this is the better game but I have to admit I'm disappointed with the reaction times. I'm pleased with everything else, the AI, the goalkeepers, the passing, the shots - but the reaction times could have been better.

I'm in two minds, but this is the better game so I probably will be getting rid of FIFA.

Last edited:
Do the teams change their tactics during the game? For example, if a team goes down a goal, will they change their formation to become more offensive in say the last 10 minutes or so?

I'm playing Captain Your Country, England v Liechtenstein - they've got about ten men in the box! :D :lol:

The AI is a lot better all-round, team-mate AI, opposition AI, tactical AI... Makes a big difference. Playing the CPU is fun again.

I don't know to be honest, this is the better game but I have to admit I'm disappointed with the reaction times. I'm pleased with everything else, the AI, the goalkeepers, the passing, the shots - but the reaction times could have been better.

I'm in two minds, but this is the better game so I probably will be getting rid of FIFA.
jack to be honest you were saying the same thing about fifa when it first came out.... LOL

Do the teams change their tactics during the game? For example, if a team goes down a goal, will they change their formation to become more offensive in say the last 10 minutes or so?
When I scored against Liechenstein they started committing more men forward - there were no longer ten men in the box when they knew they had to start playing properly - so it looks that way.

Gomito, I never said you had to fight against ten men in the box in FIFA...

I think the atmoshphere is better than 08 as well.. really makes a difference. Seabass... are you listening?

winning-eleven-pro-evolution-soccer-2008-20071015075033253.jpg

I think my fucking postman must be playing mine as I still aint got it

You are on the other side of the fucking World though mate, mine should have been here to-fucking-day

When I scored against Liechenstein they started committing more men forward - there were no longer ten men in the box when they knew they had to start playing properly - so it looks that way.

Gomito, I never said you had to fight against ten men in the box in FIFA...

you said things about different tactics for different teams sureley jack you remeber this...

Excellent news :D
By the way, how does the knockout cup feature works?

Knockout cup is a great idea - you pick a team and you're in a 16-team knockout cup. You get drawn against a random, if you win you're through to the next round - you can save and come back to it later, or you can keep going. You get points for your designated country if you win games - and there's a bit in your profile that says "trophies" so I'm presuming if you win you get a trophy in there!

Just playing Captain Your Country and the AI is just brilliant. I didn't even ask for a pass and Beckham did the sexiest through-ball you've ever seen. Right into my path. I do a first-time cross, Agbonlahor misses the header, but Beckham's rating and my rating go up a notch.

I'm liking it more and more.

Just two questions for all of you playing single player offline:

1-Is the CPU A.I decent?

2-Do you guys have fun playing agaisnt it, or are the games repetitive and boring like fifa 08?
I've found the A.I. better than in 08,they close you down,and when they take the lead it is hard to get back in the game.And the qualifiers are great.

Been playing it for an hour and a bit, see TT 2006's gamercard for evidence. ;)

- Reaction times are (I would say) nowhere near as good as in the demo, and it's most noticeable when you've got a player on you - which is where you need better reaction times the most. They've obviously had thousands of complaints about the game being too fast, so they've slowed it down a lot; including the reaction times. I am completely against this, I would have much rather had it the other way around.

This of course will ruin it for me. I can't beleive this imbeciles would screw with the reaction times again. The demo reaction times were perfect in my opinion. Unbeleivable!

That does it, I will not be spending my money for this game. I will however rent it.

Thanks for the mini review Jack. Hopefully they will tweak the reaction times for the US release.

Last edited:
I'll tell you what, when you watch a qualifying match, it's the most realistic football game I've ever seen. I've just done a Captain Your Country and watching the highlights I realise just how realistic it was. The opposition piled all their men into the box, England couldn't get a shot off apart from once or twice when Nicky Shorey got fed up and just blasted a shot in from outside the area, one of which nearly went in. The pressure is on you all the time, it's pouring down, and your player feels heavy and lethargic. It's very hard to break through.

Tactically and AI-wise the game is brilliant. You DON'T NEED to press the pass button any more - if you're in a good position, you will get a pass. They know what you need, a quick one or a slow through-ball while you run into position.

Bearing in mind Captain Your Country is offline only, 1-4 players, I think the game will be best offline again - just like in the good old days.

This is the best game mode in a football game for a long time, I reckon. Please oh please let them patch it to be online at some point. Pisses all over 5v5.

The reaction times aren't bugging me any more, but I still say they should be better than they are - at least online.

Last edited:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"We have tried to deliver your item from our MOSSLEY HILL Delivery Office before 13:10 on 17/04/08 and we have left a while you were out card."

Another day to wait now, just as I feared FFS!!!

I want clubteams and the same Gameplay, Ea improve a litle bit the ballphysiks, and make the ball heavier,give us a litle bit faster Reactiontime, than you will have the perfect Game! If anyone from Konami is reading this Thread:

Can you guys Play for a week Euro 2008?? To see how the speed has to be, How animations have to be, How the Ai has to be, How the Keepers have to react.......And how Onlinegaming has to be, thats lagfree playing!

This of course will ruin it for me. I can't beleive this imbeciles would screw with the reaction times again. The demo reaction times were perfect in my opinion. Unbeleivable!

That does it, I will not be spending my money for this game. I will however rent it.

Thanks for the mini review Jack. Hopefully they will tweak the reaction times for the US release.

jflores, check it out first... for sure... they wont tweak it for us. but i would be my own judge...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"We have tried to deliver your item from our MOSSLEY HILL Delivery Office before 13:10 on 17/04/08 and we have left a while you were out card."

Another day to wait now, just as I feared FFS!!!

At least they tried, our postie didn't even attempt it.

I want clubteams and the same Gameplay, Ea improve a litle bit the ballphysiks, and make the ball heavier,give us a litle bit faster Reactiontime, than you will have the perfect Game! If anyone from Konami is reading this Thread:

Can you guys Play for a week Euro 2008?? To see how the speed has to be, How animations have to be, How the Ai has to be, How the Keepers have to react.......And how Onlinegaming has to be, thats lagfree playing!

If you thing Dogbass gives a flying fook what is suggested for his game then you are misguided.

jflores, check it out first... for sure... they wont tweak it for us. but i would be my own judge...

Will do mate. Just very saddened by Jack's take. I really hope it isn't as bad as he makes it out to be. I have stopped playing the Demo in the hope that I will forget the quick reaction times altogether so that the actual game's response times can feel natural and right.

Back
Top Bottom