UEFA Euro 2008

The guy who postet that after a goal the crowd scream the name of the player lied. I play the game since yesterday and the crowed never screamed the name of the player.:((

could please someone post a screenshot of the settings? i like to know if you are able to disable e.g. the pass-gauge and the stars over the players heads...
Not posting a screenshot, but I can tell you that you cannot disable the pass meter bar or the stars above players heads. However I have noticed that when you play an Xbox Live game, the pass meters don't appear above the players heads.
can you save replays offline?
No, you can only upload them to www.eafootballworld.com

And here are some videos from me:

Triple Save by my goalie

20 yarder scored by me

Great save and lucky bounce off the post

I like the feature when you shoot, and miss, there is a cut scene to the manager on the touchline.

I hit the post with Perrota yesterday night, and then you get a cut scene of Donadoni standing with his arms folded. Genius!

The guy who postet that after a goal the crowd scream the name of the player lied. I play the game since yesterday and the crowed never screamed the name of the player.:((

Hes not lying becuase he was talking about the commentator

its in Fifa 08 so it will be in this

If you have a shitty surround system you wont hear it though

I remember reading something similar, but didnt he say that if you create your own player and you're lucky that your surname is in the database of players, then when you score the 'commentator' will shout out your name?

Last edited:
I remember reading something similar, but didnt he say that if you create your own player and you're lucky that your surname is in the database of players, then when you score the 'commentator' will shout out your name?

yuo can choose the announcing name for created players out of the existing database

the guy definately said, that the croud shout's the name of the player BUT it works only for the top players I guess

Hes not lying becuase he was talking about the commentator

its in Fifa 08 so it will be in this

If you have a shitty surround system you wont hear it though
No, he's talking about the stadium announcer! And he's right, just after the kick off is taken, the announcer says, "goal scored by so and so in the Nth minute".

Right this game is amazing. Just had a 1-1 draw with Portugal. I was England. They had more shots than me.. something like 13 to 7. And its so different to the demo in that the defenders close you down much more, you dont have so much space to shoot. I didn't manage to pull off one long shot. I've not experienced any of the annoying things from the videos yet.

Then came the penalty shoot out and that was amazing. Theres so many different types of saves you can pull off. The ball feels much heavier so its easier to miss.. it was way too easy in FIFA. Hit the bar and it bounced down and out with Gerrard, then I made an amazing save with Robinson. Tiago shot a bit left of centre and I dived left. Robinson ended up saving it with his knees and it looked so real. Then when I won the shootout, the Portugal take fell to the floor in dissapointment and Robbo went running off towards his team mates. The atmosphere feels so much more involved than FIFA.

So pleased with it so far. FIFA 09 is gunna rule

Not posting a screenshot, but I can tell you that you cannot disable the pass meter bar or the stars above players heads. However I have noticed that when you play an Xbox Live game, the pass meters don't appear above the players heads.

that's not correct...you can't disable de fu....ng star, but you CAN disable the passmeter.

Hey i am not a lier, try it with england choose rooney, play against abig team as Home and shot an excelent goal.... you will see what happened, it works also with Charisteas from Greece, Ronaldo from Portugal, Henry France! The stadium speaker says, goal in the 36th minute by Cristiano(crowd and speaker together) Ronaldooooo!

I have tested it with Greece, portugal, england and france! i dont know what the key is that the crowd shouts, when i score with Gekkas for example there is no Namescream....! I have the germanversion of Euro2008 for the 360!

Been playing it for an hour and a bit, see TT 2006's gamercard for evidence. ;)

To be honest I'm not blown away, it's a better game but not as good as I was hoping. I can understand now why a few reviews have said "if you have FIFA and you're not a hardcore fan then hold off" - but I am a hardcore fan, so I'm glad to have it.

Mini review:

Positives...

+ Reaction times are slightly faster than FIFA 08.
+ Pace is slower than the too-fast demo.
+ Games aren't goalfests like I'd imagined, had two 0-0s already.
+ Graphics are much improved, some faces are just brilliant.
+ Weather is great - not just the graphical effects but the gameplay effects.
+ Gameplay is tweaked and is overall less frustrating than before in a lot of situations; shooting is better, you can score some great goals that the keeper would have saved every time before, the players and the ball feel "weightier", etc.
+ Defence / attack balance is now perfect IMO; this will of course be down to personal beliefs, but from what I know about football and from the years that I've played it, this is spot on. You make a tackle, you miss, you let the striker in. You make a tackle and get the ball, you feel like you've saved the day. I think this is by far the biggest and the best change and I think the realism is perfect.

Neutrals...

> Default match time (and ranked match time) is now six minute halves, I like this but some won't.

Negatives...

- Some faces are terrible. Owen and James spring to mind - from the front they look alright, from an angle they literally look nothing like them. Which is bad when they've got 100s and 100s of teams less to concentrate on.
- I notice you can't choose "rain" at every stadium, which is a bit strange? They've obviously done a different graphic for each seperate stadium's pitch, clear, clear night, muddy etc.; and they haven't been arsed to do it for every stadium in the game.
- Slowdown is evident in places, usually during a set-piece. Shouldn't be acceptable in this day and age.
- Reaction times are (I would say) nowhere near as good as in the demo, and it's most noticeable when you've got a player on you - which is where you need better reaction times the most. They've obviously had thousands of complaints about the game being too fast, so they've slowed it down a lot; including the reaction times. I am completely against this, I would have much rather had it the other way around. A lot of online matches are just the same as FIFA online matches. Put it like this; I was getting ready to trade FIFA 08 in for it, now I'm thinking I might as well have both if the reaction times are like this in online matches. It's not every single one, but it's a lot.

Overall I'm happy with the game, it is better, but I can't help but be a bit disappointed.

Last edited:
Finally got the game!!

Just played as Italy away against the Faroes. One word: AMAZING!
I chose to play in the rain and the pitch is absolutley disgraceful :)Mud all over the place. And the best thing about the pitch is that the ball constantly get stuck in the mud. I even noticed that when running with Pirlo in the middle of the park he had to struggle to keep control of the ball because of all the mud.
And the Faroes really do make it difficult for you. They defend like crazy. Seeing their formation before the game made me laugh, it was like a 10-0-1 formation :)

This is the best footy game I've ever played, period!

Been playing it for an hour and a bit,
- Reaction times are (I would say) nowhere near as good as in the demo, and it's most noticeable when you've got a player on you - which is where you need better reaction times the most. They've obviously had thousands of complaints about the game being too fast, so they've slowed it down a lot; including the reaction times. I am completely against this, I would have much rather had it the other way around. A lot of online matches are just the same as FIFA online matches. Put it like this; I was getting ready to trade FIFA 08 in for it, now I'm thinking I might as well have both if the reaction times are like this in online matches. It's not every single one, but it's a lot.

I really can't feel a difference at all from the demo and this is the one thing Im fussy about more than anything in the world.

It must just be me.

No, he's talking about the stadium announcer! And he's right, just after the kick off is taken, the announcer says, "goal scored by so and so in the Nth minute".

thats what i meant, i dunno why i put commentator instead of announcer

Back
Top Bottom