UEFA Euro 2008

@ Jack,

Is it really that much slower, reactiontimes, then the demo? If so I'll cancel it as that was the only aspect that I really liked.

I really can't feel a difference at all from the demo and this is the one thing Im fussy about more than anything in the world.

It must just be me.
Well I've had a game with dad and he said the same thing, straight away he barked "this is nowhere near as quick to react as the demo". And being 60-odd, he takes no shit and tells it like it is. He would chew up fanboys and eat them for breakfast. ;)

tiktiktiktik, no doubt though that they're improved from FIFA and the game is better for it - in-fact if it hadn't been for the demo I wouldn't be complaining about it. It's not a massive difference but it's a noticeable difference.

Just two questions for all of you playing single player offline:

1-Is the CPU A.I decent?

2-Do you guys have fun playing agaisnt it, or are the games repetitive and boring like fifa 08?

cb7, CPU AI is decent, the player runs are a lot more intelligent and it's a challenging game (without resorting to cheating, although give me a week and I'll start to notice the patterns, every game has it!).

And so far all the games have been different, it does make a difference on who you play. I played Croatia and when they went a goal up, you could NOT break that defence down and the crowd were going potty when the final whistle was looming.

Jack, for a better comparison, maybe try playing with the same teams from the demo, france v germany, on the same ground. Maybe some teams are "less agile" or maybe some stadiums affect responsiveness?

it is deffo slower than the demo, it is the first thing i noticed and it is more near to fifa 08 speed than anything

i think that is a positive, as people would be getting ripped apart online if it was as fast as the demo, especially if you are stuggling against lag

Jack, for a better comparison, maybe try playing with the same teams from the demo, france v germany, on the same ground. Maybe some teams are "less agile" or maybe some stadiums affect responsiveness?
First thing I did mate. ;)

Seriously, I knew that would instantly show the differences, and it did. More realistic speed but slower reactions. You could say it's more realistic like this, and I'm sure I will adapt to it. It is a disappointment to me but you can see the thinking behind it and I can't complain too much. It's a better game than FIFA and I've had some great games so far.

cb7, CPU AI is decent, the player runs are a lot more intelligent and it's a challenging game (without resorting to cheating, although give me a week and I'll start to notice the patterns, every game has it!).

And so far all the games have been different, it does make a difference on who you play. I played Croatia and when they went a goal up, you could NOT break that defence down and the crowd were going potty when the final whistle was looming.

Thanks JB!

First thing I did mate. ;)

Seriously, I knew that would instantly show the differences, and it did. More realistic speed but slower reactions. You could say it's more realistic like this, and I'm sure I will adapt to it. It is a disappointment to me but you can see the thinking behind it and I can't complain too much. It's a better game than FIFA and I've had some great games so far.

Ah ok then, Thanks ;))

I'm SERIOUSLY pissed off with Royal Mail. Lately neither my address nor my parents are getting mail and again a Recorded Delivery item sent out yesterday has failed to turn up. They really are a fucking joke :MAD:

Well I've had a game with dad and he said the same thing, straight away he barked "this is nowhere near as quick to react as the demo". And being 60-odd, he takes no shit and tells it like it is. He would chew up fanboys and eat them for breakfast. ;)

Im going to give the demo another whirl, I dont like being the only one to think the reactions are perfect, it wont do me justice when FIFA 09 comes out :LOL:

Im going to give the demo another whirl, I dont like being the only one to think the reactions are perfect, it wont do me justice when FIFA 09 comes out :LOL:

Probably you're playing on a different TV or setting that would make it look faster? Something Jack explained before..

I know that the writing in FIFA 08 is barely readable on our old 30" widescreen SDTV. It has a rainbow effect on it as it moves and it's impossible to see.

Oh, JB, how we all knew your heart and emotions would be all over the place today - I really am not being critical but it is almost funny.

I hope I'm only half as disappointed as you when I get in......

Overall the general concensous is keeping me looking forward to home time.

first game France vs Germany at the Wankdorf on a rainy day at Pro difficulty

this will be all over the place becuase im doing this as i play

Woah with just 3 or 4 passes of the ball you can see that this is much much slower than the demo and seems just the same speed as Fifa

Response aint as good in the demo but now i think they are spot on. and how Bitter said that due to the slower pace you can build your attacks in alot of different ways. I was just passing around in midfield looking for a killer ball while they just sat back and marked all my options :))

so far the speed and response is 100% spot on :TU:

heres my first goal, http://www.mediafire.com/?43tfefnbtkx
thats the best your getting quality from me becuase i have to keep pausing and its doin my nut in ;))

you can get alot of power in shots now as well

putting the switching on 1 bar and the switching is perfect

another goal, a quick counter attack :))
http://www.mediafire.com/?rdnnxao3idx

more to come maybe, i have played 41minues in game and its took about half an hour haha

oh yeah and Pro is too easy for me ;))

Last edited:
Oh, JB, how we all knew your heart and emotions would be all over the place today - I really am not being critical but it is almost funny.
I'm always praising the game like mad at first, so this bucks the trend actually. ;)

Seriously, I love the game. I'm playing it now and I think it's great. I just wish the reaction times were the same as the demo, that's all - but I'll adapt.

Last edited:
the CPU just scored a nice goal agaisnt me, it was a angled free kick into the box and ballack beat the offside trap to score with a bullet header

not long after i crossed into the box and the keeper had it but the defender headed it away from him and i tapped it in

Some of the thing look so life like, the crossing is awesome as well

If they dont change anything on this for Fifa 09 i would be a happy chappy :))

Been playing it for an hour and a bit, see TT 2006's gamercard for evidence. ;)

To be honest I'm not blown away, it's a better game but not as good as I was hoping. I can understand now why a few reviews have said "if you have FIFA and you're not a hardcore fan then hold off" - but I am a hardcore fan, so I'm glad to have it.

Mini review:

Positives...

+ Reaction times are slightly faster than FIFA 08.
+ Pace is slower than the too-fast demo.
+ Games aren't goalfests like I'd imagined, had two 0-0s already.
+ Graphics are much improved, some faces are just brilliant.
+ Weather is great - not just the graphical effects but the gameplay effects.
+ Gameplay is tweaked and is overall less frustrating than before in a lot of situations; shooting is better, you can score some great goals that the keeper would have saved every time before, the players and the ball feel "weightier", etc.
+ Defence / attack balance is now perfect IMO; this will of course be down to personal beliefs, but from what I know about football and from the years that I've played it, this is spot on. You make a tackle, you miss, you let the striker in. You make a tackle and get the ball, you feel like you've saved the day. I think this is by far the biggest and the best change and I think the realism is perfect.

Neutrals...

> Default match time (and ranked match time) is now six minute halves, I like this but some won't.

Negatives...

- Some faces are terrible. Owen and James spring to mind - from the front they look alright, from an angle they literally look nothing like them. Which is bad when they've got 100s and 100s of teams less to concentrate on.
- I notice you can't choose "rain" at every stadium, which is a bit strange? They've obviously done a different graphic for each seperate stadium's pitch, clear, clear night, muddy etc.; and they haven't been arsed to do it for every stadium in the game.
- Slowdown is evident in places, usually during a set-piece. Shouldn't be acceptable in this day and age.
- Reaction times are (I would say) nowhere near as good as in the demo, and it's most noticeable when you've got a player on you - which is where you need better reaction times the most. They've obviously had thousands of complaints about the game being too fast, so they've slowed it down a lot; including the reaction times. I am completely against this, I would have much rather had it the other way around. A lot of online matches are just the same as FIFA online matches. Put it like this; I was getting ready to trade FIFA 08 in for it, now I'm thinking I might as well have both if the reaction times are like this in online matches. It's not every single one, but it's a lot.

Overall I'm happy with the game, it is better, but I can't help but be a bit disappointed.

Nice one Jack, is it worth it trade Fifa 08 for this?

Coopz, stop it, you're making me want to pull "a sickie" and go home early!

Ah shit, I'm gonna be playing this allllll night tonight.....

Back
Top Bottom