UEFA Euro 2008

sorry chaps, i seem to have started a console vs console war!

I've got both machines and am happy, and that post re: 360 graphics chipset has said it all i guess, and is interesting to read.

Main thing about UEFA 2008, is that its the best football game ever, and has really put Seabass under pressure for the near future, lets hope this is the start of an awesome future for football games, with Seabass having to completely revamp his side of things. I remember the days of working on Kick Off 97 and trying to convince Steve Screech to implement aftertouch in it after seeing and testing an early build, a feature that all footy games take for granted these days. How we've moved on if the only thing I can find fault with Euro 2008 is the strange lack of HD'ness of the PS3 version!

As I said earlier on another post, i always put them into CPU vs CPU mode at first, to see how good the AI is, and this effort from EA has blown me away, literally shot me all the way to Moscow...

:))<Six Times.....>:))

Just got back from the capitol city,picked up euro2008 on 360& Ps3.Had to get one for my son! So i'm going to get stuck in. Ooh Tastey!:-pp

I find some very defensive sides very difficult to beat.
Take for example Georgia, who play 5-4-1. I tried to beat them with Holland and Spain, but it most of the time ended 0-0. You may beat them easily with a counter attack, but not with the passing game I played with Spain and Holland.

are the most of you Guys here FIFA or Pes player, i want to know how much PES player prefer the Euro game From EA like i do, its unbelivable, but for me first time EA kicks Konami asses! Seabass has trouble now......!

hopefully i'll get my copy tomorrow, gameplay sounds great...i loved the demo but a little pissed off about keeper kits....little things like this make it authentic for me.....just a little gripe though

What's with the goalies standing so far off their line and all these long shots going in?
Worrying about this myself...

EDIT: Tim has just said in the chatbox that the "subs bug" (where if both sides make a sub online only the home team - or is it the away team - have their subs made) still exists in Euro 2008.

Well regardless of how good I think the game is, that is un-fucking-believable. That's disgraceful. Utterly disgraceful.

EDIT 2: Tim's just confirmed the way it works; if both of you try to make subs, only the pauser's subs will be made.

Last edited:
Worrying about this myself...

EDIT: Tim has just said in the chatbox that the "subs bug" (where if both sides make a sub online only the home team - or is it the away team - have their subs made) still exists in Euro 2008.

Well regardless of how good I think the game is, that is un-fucking-believable. That's disgraceful. Utterly disgraceful.

That is quite unexpected. Cannot believe they never fixed that...and as for the keepers, just comes down to bad programming, if you watch that second long shot from that vid, they do a behind the keeper look, and you seem him go backwards, but then for some reason moves forwards right before the shot, and then is beaten. Oh well...

The goalkeeping thing is a potential game ruiner. Looking at all these vids it seems to be happening even more than Fifa.. boooo :(

Jack, if your opponent pauses it, then you can't even try and make subs as you can't go into team management at all. You have to pause it yourself to make tactical changes and subs.

Oh I see, at least it blocks it out now then so you don't waste your time. But how difficult is it to program two sets of substitutions at once? Ridiculous.

Oh I see, at least it blocks it out now then so you don't waste your time. But how difficult is it to program two sets of substitutions at once? Ridiculous.

Well Jack, it rather depends on whether they knew about the problem. I presume they get a lot of community feedback from dedicated community staff, and if those staff never mentioned this problem it was unlikely to have been actioned. If you've ever been to the EA Forum you'd realise how uncouth it all is.

Glad you're all enjoying the game though :COOL:

Back
Top Bottom