UEFA Euro 2008

can someboday who owns the game for the PS3 please confirm to me that it stutters and has slowdowns
otherwhise I would be looking for the error on my system

thx

Well after reading all this I think I might pop in to the shops and get it tommorow or friday. Eurogamer were really positive about the game, and they generally have a fair view of both pes and fifa.

My shopto order has been shipped too.

Question: How is the fatigue? In Fifa 08 you could play the same players pretty much all game. When they got "tired" you couldn't tell the difference. Also, how are the injuries? Do they actually get injured and maybe have a reduction in stats if you keep them on?

got the game (360 version), and did my usual thing this morning........ie put the game into CPU vs CPU mode and watch em play!

Wembley in the sunshine is awesome, looks to be 1080p, though not sure, but looks much better than Wankdorf (hehe) in the rain......sharper, more detailed looking stadium, players look superb.

Bad news first:-- Set game to be France vs Faroe Islands, sat and watched, was a very even game.............hmmm, me thinks some will be disappointed with this, I know I am, Faroes attacked just as much as France, although I did notice that France ended more moves with shots at goal, so maybe that is a touch realistic.

Good news:-- The new passing animations and fluidity is simply AWESOME...........never before has such a realistic passing game been witnessed in any football game, the outside of the foot touches that seem more and more really make moves flow, and through balls that CPU teams make are SOOOOOO intelligent. Tackles just look so real too........

Anyway, thats my first impressions...........btw, why the hell do PS3 versions (only tried demos of FIFA 2008 and Euro 2008) look so low res and so crap??? Must be the lack of graphical functions on the PS3 chipset...

:))

LOL at you and your chipset comment.

Mulit platform gam,es mean pc made games plain and simple and thats why games look worse on ps3. IF everyonemaybe used open gl THEN ps3 games would look superior. i mean the ps3 can shit all over the 360's textures handling ability IF the dev used the space on the disc but thwey do not because the 360 doesn't have the space so game look worse on ps3 cuz of that but agin don't start with that ps3 is worse bs cuz that ain't right my man...

Has anyone noticed that goalkeeper kits are allways he same????
They are not licenced??? And i think there is a Bug after foul, the fould player stands in Sequence and the player who did the foul, is lying on Gras...Haha! the only mistake in this Game i Love it!!! Offline an online!
BUT:
Guys we need a clean Move tutorial, come on Fifa Kings give us your Tips and Tricks!!!

there are tutorials out there for Fifa 08 skills which will work becuase they aint changed em

Mulit platform gam,es mean pc made games plain and simple and thats why games look worse on ps3. IF everyonemaybe used open gl THEN ps3 games would look superior. i mean the ps3 can shit all over the 360's textures handling ability IF the dev used the space on the disc but thwey do not because the 360 doesn't have the space so game look worse on ps3 cuz of that but agin don't start with that ps3 is worse bs cuz that ain't right my man...

I have a PS3 and an XBOX, and to be honest the 360 shits on the PS3 quite considerably.

Apart from the magic disappearing and reappearing at the end of each penalty, it really does look like a real game from a distance.

Yes i did it i beat Italy with litle Greece 1:0 against a very good player! defending well and 1 of 4 good counters finished by Gekas!!! excelent game!

i have seen today FIFA07 on the old xbox from my brother, gameplay is similar only in EURO much slower! EA kicks ass with this Game!

yeahp..just take a quick look at mlb 08 the show(which was programed FOR the ps3, so no port here), and u can see the ps3 is a powerfull machine.
amazing graphics at butter smooth 60fps

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed how the keeper comes off his line before the penalty is taken?

if im not mistaken that is not allowed in real life

Has anyone noticed how the keeper comes off his line before the penalty is taken?

if im not mistaken that is not allowed in real life

Yeah, of course... and your right... its not allowed... but the most keeper did it anyway... ;))

Has anyone noticed that goalkeeper kits are allways he same????
They are not licenced???

Yes... but some goalie kits are licensed... like France, Germany, Switzerland or Spain... but unfortunately a lot of the kits are not licensed... like Portugal and so on... its a shame...

Last edited:
yes, agree, PS3 SHOULD be and is more powerful, collectively with its processing power and its more powerful graphics chipset..........but even though multi-platform games are produced on 1 platform and ported to others, that cannot and does not explain why the PS3 version has to look so poor and low-res (by the way Bumperman, a machine's ability to show detailed and 1080p textures is not limited by the 360's DVD9 dual layer size limit (cos if so, why is that machine better), there is no need to have a BluRay sized disk to be able to simply display a game in 1080p, i mean, even the kit choice 2D menu screen looks awful on the PS3 version compared to the 360 version)..........its bordering on looking like its set to 480p and not even 720p on my Toshiba Regza.

I must say though, that a lot of PS3 (even PS3 only native games) do look fairly blocky on this LCD 42" screen, but then since i moved to this from my Plasma Hitachi 42", only the PS3 has suffered, 360 games all still look like they are either 720p to 1080i/p, PS3 mostly look fairly poor in comparison. Maybe its just my display not being great with the HDMI cable ive got rigged up on it at 1080p on the PS3 but it is HDMI 1.5 compliant (its been a while, i think thats the right terminology, 1.5?)

Even though all the above is kind of me admitting that my newer LCD seems to show up PS3 display qualities, it doesnt add up how my 360 via analogue component looks better on the same display. And taking EA footy games since FIFA 08 into the equation, im not the only one who sees a substantial diference between the versions.

Im just damn pleased how absolutely astonishingly beautiful this looks on 360, when having England vs Spain at Wembley, sunny day, in Broadcast camera, ive just cum in me panties about 3 times this evening...............

Ooooerrrrr!!!

Partly true but wrong about graphics card in fact the 360 has better graphics card the PS3 has the better processing power.

But that does jack crap when half the games run like crap and need a HDD to install games. (But that wouldnt be a cover up from Sony would it because of Bluray drive its kinda adding up)

Graphics: The XBOX 360 is a clear winner. The GPU is more powerful. It has more powerful fillrate, and far more pixel and vertex processing horsepower. Part of the reason is their choice of memory, and architecture of pixel and vertex procesing. I can’t get into details but the same vertex shader will run much slower on the PS3 than the XBOX 360. The 360 also has a clever new way rendering high definition anti aliased back buffers. To accomplish the same effect on PS3 is prohibitively expensive. For this reason I think many games will have no choice but to run in non-HD resolutions on the PS3 version, use a lower quality anti aliasing technique, or do back buffer upscaling. The end result in all cases is going to be noticeably worse image quality.

http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-348-1.htm

All this console is better bullshit again! cant we just accept games tend to be made on the 360 and ported to the PS3 and on the PS3 they dont tend to run as well....

Yes but i thought i would clear some points up. :))

I still worry at the rate of PS3 games that need to use HDD but anyway going off topic.

Back on topic...

I have noticed some slowdown on 360 version when the camera pans around at the start of free kicks. Not enough to spoil it though, and none while the game is in motion.

Wasnt havin a go at you bingham was havin a go at the person who goes on about how SUPERIOR the PS3 is.... that fucks me off when people say that and all they can base it on is Facts and figures and not ACTUAL games.

Ye id rather beleive my article who coming from game developer who knows what there talking about.

Back on topic...

I have noticed some slowdown on 360 version when the camera pans around at the start of free kicks. Not enough to spoil it though, and none while the game is in motion.

My friend had it freeze on him and glitch today where pitch went black and players invisible. :/

First time it happened though see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom