UEFA Euro 2008

I the meantime, 25 hours after placing my order with Game, I've checked the post office link and it's with the postie and will be delivered "before the agreed time on the 17th".

Nice one :-)

Arrgghh...what if it can't fit into my post box.....think I'll have to go into work late just to be on the safe side.

Can't you goto the Postie and get it from them.

So it seems that the Teams are Well balanced, The player react like real football, you can see players running to free space waiting for passes, also defenders closing open ways to stop direct passes!
And you need for every team an othe tactic!
That game will hold me some Time on my 360!
So Konami lets see your PES2009, i am sure EA will make Fifa2009 better tha the EURO2008!

Anyone noticed people are choosing lower ranked teams in online games to get more points?

You can't go today?

sorry, i haven't been clear enough.

the post office have my parcel at the "game" end and will be posting it to mine tomorrow morning. If i miss them and it doesn't fit in my exterior post box then i won't be able to collect it until friday morning.

Anyone noticed people are choosing lower ranked teams in online games to get more points?

not against me they have not

i need to stop playing it now, was on it from 9pm till 3am, and today 10am till 2pm

got a right headache so need to chillax from it

I have , Ive picked Hungry as My grandad is from there and my last name is hungarian. It was either england/ireland or hunrgry

sorry, i haven't been clear enough.

the post office have my parcel at the "game" end and will be posting it to mine tomorrow morning. If i miss them and it doesn't fit in my exterior post box then i won't be able to collect it until friday morning.

Ok gotcha. I don't know why I was being so persistant.

Ok I have just spent 4 hours solid on the game, just come off for a quick wank while the missus is out and to catch up on my emails.

Response times are exactly the same as the demo, they havent changed in the slightest.

The final release is much better than the demo, the professional level is just wonderful.

Best football game ever without a doubt.

I agree! The thing is that speed is a little slower so it might give an illusion that its weaker than the demo.. For those of you who dont have the game and complain about the AI(thinking about the demo). Play the full game on Professional and you will get a very good challenge!
I have had my first penalty shootout with England vs Croatia with I won and got an achievement: Break the hoodoo ;)) Its a really good game and it does feel like Fifa 08 but much better cause of the response time and added animations + "celebrate how you want" rocks and there are a lot more celebrations to choose from than expected! And when you can mix them up together it makes and arsenal of options. In my mind this makes me wanna score even more! Its really as said impressive on professional level. How the opponent pressure you, break down your play etc. But so far I have not got that feeling that players are to different, but need to play it some more though. And is just me or is the ball moving a little slower on the pich? Anyway its a great game that will keep me happy through the summer!

Ps: On the demo I scored some own goals when there would come a cross. I would press B to clear it, but ends up heading it beautifuly in my own goal :CONF: This has happen to me on the original game as well.

I agree! The thing is that speed is a little slower so it might give an illusion that its weaker than the demo.. For those of you who dont have the game and complain about the AI(thinking about the demo). Play the full game on Professional and you will get a very good challenge!
I have had my first penalty shootout with England vs Croatia with I won and got an achievement: Break the hoodoo ;)) Its a really good game and it does feel like Fifa 08 but much better cause of the response time and added animations + "celebrate how you want" rocks and there are a lot more celebrations to choose from than expected! And when you can mix them up together it makes and arsenal of options. In my mind this makes me wanna score even more! Its really as said impressive on professional level. How the opponent pressure you, break down your play etc. But so far I have not got that feeling that players are to different, but need to play it some more though. And is just me or is the ball moving a little slower on the pich? Anyway its a great game that will keep me happy through the summer!

Ps: On the demo I scored some own goals when there would come a cross. I would press B to clear it, but ends up heading it beautifuly in my own goal :CONF: This has happen to me on the original game as well.

Will get this game tomorrow, can't wait :))

Have you tried playing as a big nation against a smaller one (Faroes or San Marino)? Does it feel different? Do the weaker teams put 10 men behind the ball and defend as their lives depended on it or do they dribble like Brazil as in Fifa 08?

What about playing in the lower ranked stadiums? Crappy pitches? Crowd whistling? Is it as good as previews make out?

I think that might have been answered too, but is there any other weather than dry and rain? Any snow for qualifiers (as Lami suggested I think)?

crowd whistling was good..

i have stunned the crowd by scoring (online this is) which was met to loud whistles across the stadium

and everytime i had the ball "loud whistles"

you can feel the atmosphere i suppose

NO SNOW

Something I do like (kind of related to your question Becanes but it's not an answer to it) is that your players will slide now to intercept things if you press the button. In PES you could slide and get a loose ball before it reached your opponent, in FIFA you couldn't do that - but in Euro you can, which is really good. Prevents more frustration - it feels like the guys working on Euro 2008 know our frustration because the reaction times have been improved and things like this have been added. I'm just worried by those "demo reactions were faster than the full game" comments from before but... I'll have it tomorrow morning, thank Christ.

guys, just went through the last couple of pages and didnt see what im bout to mention, if someone has posted i apologize, but i am playing a qualification campaign with greece, in one game against norway i had camera set to broadcast and the ball started moving by itself, similar to what happens on pes2008 online, i was offline so i thought this was strange, has anyone else experienced this? another annoying thing is that online its just too easy to do cutbacks and score, everyone i played against was doing cutbacks, just too easy to do it, i will be interested to know if anyone else experienced the ball moving all by itslef, it was just going all over the place without a player anywhere near it, once i changed to tele camera i didnt see it again, im just wondering if its a bug with broadcast camera, if that is the case then i am very pissed off, apart from that i am really enjoying this game, its wonderful

Something I do like (kind of related to your question Becanes but it's not an answer to it) is that your players will slide now to intercept things if you press the button. In PES you could slide and get a loose ball before it reached your opponent, in FIFA you couldn't do that - but in Euro you can, which is really good. Prevents more frustration - it feels like the guys working on Euro 2008 know our frustration because the reaction times have been improved and things like this have been added. I'm just worried by those "demo reactions were faster than the full game" comments from before but... I'll have it tomorrow morning, thank Christ.

Sliding to keep the ball in play is quality :D

Just played my first online game in the Euro Knockout Cup. Its ace, it saves your progress so you can go back to it and carry on from the round you got too.

Few things to note. I'm playing as Croatia who are great, by the way. First match was against France. Went 1 nil down in 2 mins. Just like Bitter said, the speed and turn of Henry shocked me so I just wasn't expecting it. He scored easily past me, however, I got into my flow and managed to block nearly every attack after.

I scored my first freekick to go 2 - 1 up, what a feeling. What is also great about it is that I bent the ball over the wall and into the corner. On FIFA 08 I never once scored a freekick that went over the wall. They were always from a relatively long distance, allowing me to bend it around the wall. Its good to know that you can actually get the ball over the wall in Euro.

I then scored a peach with Eduardo to go 3 - 1 up. A placed, finesse shot from outside the box. I never EVER managed to do this in the demo which in some respects I felt was good because in FIFA 08, it was 'relatively' easy to score curlers from outside the box. But I felt in the Euro demo it was just too hard, they always went sky high. So its good to know they're actually possible.

I foolishly defended extremely badly and France pulled two back in the last 10 minutes. I went on to win via penalties so its all good :) I much prefer penalties in Euro too.

For me, the response time in the full game is NO different from the demo whatsoever.

EDIT:
My ShopTo order is now also processing! Hopefully I'll have that copy by tommorow then

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom