UEFA Euro 2008

I have played quite a few games against a human opponent. I think defence and attack are well balanced. I don't have problems defending. This game is better balanced than the demo. I'd compare fifa08 to we9 and the demo to we10. UEFA is somewhere in between.

Also, shooting seems te be a bit harder in UEFA08.

Jack. I played the final game (UEFA). I bought it yesterday.

Response times in UEFA 2008 are definately better than FIFA. But the response times in the demo were even better. I can't understand why they took a step back.

And as far as defending goes, every fifa and pes forces you to defend differently. I don't think there is a problem.

2nd round of the knockout cup

against france

im cyprus

tell ya what, there are some bugs on this game

i just beat france 3-2 in the 2nd round of this online cup and it is not showing on the knockout grid

he must of quit or something, but the final whistle went and i cld see the highlights took me back to the screen and said you have advanced to the next round but the france game is not showing only the germany game which was the first round

not good that is

as for response and quickness, it has been toned down from the demo but button response and stuff is fine for me

much rather this than the demo

OK a little prediction for you.

In a month 99% of you will go back to FIFA 08.

I'm thinking of skipping this UEFA game altogether no to be honest.

I wont be going back. 08's reactions were SHOCKING. No way on earth I'd choose 08 over Euro.

Well got it today and I can confirm as what it says on back of the cover:

Gameplay
: best ever gameplay for the ultimate football simulation!
It might be the best football game I have ever played if you look at the gameplay. Still early as I might be blinded by the WOW factor but things are looking really good. So I am happy so far as I now got a footy game to keep me going until Fifa 09 :DD

PS: Its not important I know but I hope they can make Fabregas look like himself(Imean Djourou look really good so why not Fabregas..Probably cause of Switzerland) in Fifa 09!! He looks like he is 30 years old and EA, he has not had long hair for several years! Other than that, player models look..better.

Last edited:
Well got it today and I can confirm as what it says on back of the cover:

Gameplay: best ever gameplay for the ultimate football simulation!
It might be the best football game I have ever played if you look at the gameplay. Still early as I might be blinded by the WOW factor but things are looking really good. So I am happy so far as I now got a footy game to keep me going until Fifa 09 :DD
Yes, the game is very good indeed. Still I like to discuss how people define 'gameplay', because I have the feeling that some people are not talking about the same thing. Some people say gameplay is how much features are in the game ( think about the 'be a pro'- modes and other modes). For me is 'gameplay' in football games how realisticly football is implemented and especially the AI from the game is very important to me. Things like off the ball running are important factors for good AI, I think.

Wow. Pretty much one person says the response time is slower than the demo and you guys get bent out of shape. I'll go with Bitter's impressions as I believe we try to play the same way. (except I suck at tricks).

Aye, gameplay is on-field AI, passing speeds, reaction times etc.

Features are BAP, tournament mode etc.

Euro 2008 has much better (MUCH) gameplay than 08, whereas 08 clearly has more features. Though I feel Captain Your Country is better than manager mode :)

Its nice to hear Dags say that... do you have the game mate?

Why's it nice to hear me say it? I'm confused mate :LOL:

Nah, I'm expecting ShopTo to post it today and I'll have it tomorrow.

I couldn't care less about 5v5 and manager mode. I usually play footie games for a short time, a few matches. So gameplay is definately the priority. It'll likely take me ages just to complete the tournament :LOL:

This is why I wish 5v5 was in the game. AI is still nowhere near realism. Some nice passing moves by the AI opposition are little compensation for poorly implemented physical aspects to the AI. Having every AI attacker being far more quick and agile than every human controlled defender is a cheat, not good AI. Football is a game of physical confrontation as much as it is of pretty passing and dribbling. EA haven't captured this at all.

Why's it nice to hear me say it? I'm confused mate :LOL:

Nah, I'm expecting ShopTo to post it today and I'll have it tomorrow.

I couldn't care less about 5v5 and manager mode. I usually play footie games for a short time, a few matches. So gameplay is definately the priority. It'll likely take me ages just to complete the tournament :LOL:
Normally you complain about a game till the cows come home ;)

This is why I wish 5v5 was in the game. AI is still nowhere near realism. Some nice passing moves by the AI opposition are little compensation for poorly implemented physical aspects to the AI. Having every AI attacker being far more quick and agile than every human controlled defender is a cheat, not good AI. Football is a game of physical confrontation as much as it is of pretty passing and dribbling. EA haven't captured this at all.

Have you played the full game yet?

Nah, I just find flaws more annoying than most people. I appreciate no game is perfect but they should be pretty good. I don't remember complaining about other games than FIFA 08 though, and the reaction times on that were utter shit. For a video game that relies on reaction times probably more than any other genre, the lack of decent response times killed 08 for me.

Euro 2008 has them spot on though, a massive leap forward. I love being able to run with the ball and have the player turn when I want him to, not wait for a slo-mo animation while the defender steals in at normal speed.

Wow. Pretty much one person says the response time is slower than the demo and you guys get bent out of shape. I'll go with Bitter's impressions as I believe we try to play the same way. (except I suck at tricks).

Response times are still acceptable but i'd prefer the demo's response times. UEFA08 is still a great game (actually the best soccergame available), don't get me wrong.

Response times are still acceptable but i'd prefer the demo's response times. UEFA08 is still a great game (actually the best soccergame available), don't get me wrong.

for me.. it is spot on

still feels like fifa but with more response, isn't that what everyone wanted?

Finally I’ve got my copy of the game and I really enjoy the gameplay. After playing a couple of machtes (San Marino vs. Andorra 0:0, Switzerland vs. Greece 0:1) on the highest level (all settings on manual except for semi-shooting).
Playing as San Marino was really hard for me. I really need to build up my play und Andorra do nothing to make it a little bit more easy for me. I really enjoy this match.
Unfortunatelly… I loss my second game against Greece after a very nice goal from Amanatidis. But Greece was the better team and without the outstanding Benaglio (keeper) I will lost even higher. *g*

If someone plays the game online on the PS3 it would be great to play some matches. :)

Must admit, I played a few demo matches with my mate and I found it awkward trying to tackle the forwards. I'm used to Han's negative posts about EA football games but I think he does have a point here. The forwards can turn a BIT too easily with the ball meaning it's far too easy to evade tackles, especially slide tackles.

For me this is feature is brilliant. It's realistic. Anybody who plays football to a decent level will understand as a defender if you go to ground too early (e.g. attempt slide tackling when the forward is directly in front of you) they will skip past you. Every decent attcker wants a defender who dives in...the fact euro 2008 punishes this is fantastic. you wouldnt see top level defenders going top ground unless they have too.

Have they completely overhauled the AI between the demo and full version?

Han's comments about the full version were my exact experience of the demo.

Answer a question with a question. tut tut. I only asked you a question. Your experience from the full version might actually be different when you have the full version.

For me this is feature is brilliant. It's realistic. Anybody who plays football to a decent level will understand as a defender if you go to ground too early (e.g. attempt slide tackling when the forward is directly in front of you) they will skip past you. Every decent attcker wants a defender who dives in...the fact euro 2008 punishes this is fantastic. you wouldnt see top level defenders going top ground unless they have too.
That's how I feel as well, couldn't have put it better myself. I was very happy with the demo, apart from having to play against semi-pro AI (play FIFA 08 on semi-pro and tell me that it's playable - it's not, it's crap, you can waltz through the defence and score just like you can in the Euro demo, and some people were/are judging the full game on play against the CPU only).

I'm just really worried to read that the response times aren't the same as in the demo because I would have sacrificed anything for that. The reason I hate FIFA 08 now is the reaction times online, so many times you get in a good position only to find three seconds later that your striker "didn't receive" your instruction. If I find myself cursing the reaction times in Euro 08 then there is no point in me buying it.

Back
Top Bottom