UEFA Euro 2008

For me this is feature is brilliant. It's realistic. Anybody who plays football to a decent level will understand as a defender if you go to ground too early (e.g. attempt slide tackling when the forward is directly in front of you) they will skip past you. Every decent attcker wants a defender who dives in...the fact euro 2008 punishes this is fantastic. you wouldnt see top level defenders going top ground unless they have too.

True, good point mate.

Ok I have just spent 4 hours solid on the game, just come off for a quick wank while the missus is out and to catch up on my emails.

Response times are exactly the same as the demo, they havent changed in the slightest.

The final release is much better than the demo, the professional level is just wonderful.

Best football game ever without a doubt.

just beat sweden in quater finals of the knockout cup

in semi's now

with bloody cyprus haha

if this game was as fast as the demo, people would hate it because they could run through you

at the speed it is now, it is even difficult to stop some players as they have mastered the knock on run just at the right time, i.e they turn with the ball then knock it on as you approach and they skip past you

the swedish guy was doing it against me, but once you work it out you can stop it, although it was tough

any faster and it wld be a nightmare

Ok I have just spent 4 hours solid on the game, just come off for a quick wank while the missus is out and to catch up on my emails.

Response times are exactly the same as the demo, they havent changed in the slightest.

The final release is much better than the demo, the professional level is just wonderful.

Best football game ever without a doubt.

LMFAO - cheers Jamie - hope you washed your hands before typing that post?!!

Sounds great. The game I mean....

in semi's now

with bloody cyprus haha

if this game was as fast as the demo, people would hate it because they could run through you

at the speed it is now, it is even difficult to stop some players as they have mastered the knock on run just at the right time, i.e they turn with the ball then knock it on as you approach and they skip past you

the swedish guy was doing it against me, but once you work it out you can stop it, although it was tough

Good job Bitter. Win it for Evoweb and yourself.

Yes, you can edit the names.
The names are the same as in FIFA08.
Problem with editing the names is that you still do not have the right faces.

I don't know why I sense an air of anti EA rhetoric in your posts.

*looks at avatar* :brick:

Not anti-EA, just frustrated by the fact they dropped the best feature ever developed for any football game - 5v5 on-line.

Have they replaced it with a stunningly realsitic AI model to play with? Have they f***!

just had laggiest game ever

button lag was back with a vengence felt as bad as laggy fifa 08 match.

button response was shocking etc etc

didn't enjoy that, to top it off the guy was cut backing like mad

harder to defend cutbacks on this game compared to fifa08

everyone i have played has tried to exploit it, which doesnt suprise me really

Any news on the ShopTo front?

Nothing since yesterday, where they said they'll get stock today. ShopTo have never let me down before and have always sent games on a Thursday and I expect today to be the same :)

I have actually cancelled my ShopTo order and gone with Gameplay with the £5 off voucher (dt7aquwhf).

Reason being, the last three games I've ordered from ShopTo, I had an invoice and a dispatch confirmation through at 12pm or later. I think EA have had a fallout with ShopTo...

in semi's now

with bloody cyprus haha

So what is the best way to stop this tactic?

I the meantime, 25 hours after placing my order with Game, I've checked the post office link and it's with the postie and will be delivered "before the agreed time on the 17th".

Nice one :-)

Arrgghh...what if it can't fit into my post box.....think I'll have to go into work late just to be on the safe side.

I'm thinking the same, Jack. If people are getting them the next day, and it's also cheaper than ShopTo ...

Edit: Just seen "* Please order before 2pm to ensure in-stock items are sent today. Monday to Friday only."

I'm going to keep the faith with ShopTo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom