UEFA Euro 2008

106777552221.jpg

Becanes, ShopTo have just charged my card so I should be getting it shipped today :D

An hour or two after I cancelled my preorder as well.

I could kill people, I really could.

You should of stayed with Shopto as long as you order before 5:30pm its dispatched next day. :))

Yes Becanes you get another just because you receive it late sometimes dosnt necessarily mean you wont get it next day. :))

There is a local place where I'm promised it will be sold to me tomorrow. I've just got to get there before it sells out, and knowing my luck (see the GT5P thread and my "Blockbuster" post)...

Just had another online game - England v Spain and I won on penalties, again :D scored off a corner with a Crouch header. Corners are so hard in this game!

Jostling seems to play a much bigger part in things too. In FIFA 08, I felt that jostling didn't really do much and no matter how much you did it, sometimes you wouldn't win the ball in the air no matter what. I don't feel like that in Euro, it always feels 50/50 when the ball is in the air which is great.

JB i think you should just wait and see what its like and make your own mind up

I could says its fast and unresponsive and someone else could say its slow and responsive, so i would just forget about what people say and wait and see what you think of it

Not too many goals at all, it all feels very realistic. Last game was 2 - 2, only because of my stupid defending (thats 3 goals I've conceded due to my mistakes, I need to sort that out). The game before was 3 - 3, but again, should've been 3 - 1 to me if it wasn't for my pissing about!

Ive had four 0-0's online this afternoon.

Also i am dealing with the cut backers better in EURO than I was in FIFA.

This really is the perfect football game for me. JB trust me you will love the game, you want the same things from a football game as me, as I have learnt from previous discussions.

Other than a few dodgy niggles from the keepers, and the carding system, the gameplay is near perfection to meet my specifications of football simulation.

i have played quite a few online games and the average goals per game seems to be about 5 (but it all depends on your style of play and your opponents, if you both play a tactical passing possesion games, scores will be kept down, but if you both go at it full pelt your going to score and concede, just as in real life it opens up)

i have even lost 7-1 to my mate, but that was at 3am in the morning while i was half dead and he was wide awake from his night shift, i had been on it since 9pm so i was worn out

i have had mixed games, ranging from great to shit, but you get that all depends on the players you play

3 games out of about 15 have been a bad connection once in particular gave me horrendous button lag just like fifa 08 , infact it actually felt as slow as fifa and just as frustrating

the good games however played nice, and quite challenging

i played france against the number 1 rank currently and he has this knockon down to tee, and he ripped me open and gave me a worried insight to what i could be facing online, but i managed to adjust my game to stop his style and keep ball was a punisher to him, shame the damage was done to early
cutbacks are probably worse than fifa 08, as more and more are trying it and the ones who are good players can pull them off

which brings me to my next point, i played a good player who runs at you commiting your player on the turn to the side then hits the sprint knock on which kind of runs through your player ( remember fifa 08 players skipping past you) well this version is even worse, but luckily i knew from my first experience and defended it well and basically killed him with a slow possesion game, there is nothing more rewarding than someone attack attacking you, while you hold them off and kill there game by slow possesion with a killer goal, it just makes them run at you even more, which in turn you can counter them, this was a 1/4 final game in the tournament he was sweden and i was cyrpus he was home.. the fans were shocked when i scored and they whistled everytime i got the ball. it was a perfect feeling

other games have been a passing battle game and slow build up which is what i used to love about fifa 08, so in that respect this game has the best of both worlds but i actually can tell the difference with euro regarding tempo and the pace of the game

it can be really hard playing the likes of germany, france, sweden in the knockout cup while i am cyprus but it is so rewarding knocking them out

Last edited:
A quick question, are the squad lists anywhere online?

If not, could anybody please tell me who England have to select from?

what difficulty are you guys playing the tournament at? im trying at world class but cant beat the big teams at all. i know i'll have no challenge playing at pro though!!

So what i get from the reviews is, playing online isn't good enough because everyone have already mastered the game's exploits. What the hell is wrong with people? Why even bother play the game if all you're going to do is exploit the fuck out of it?

tbh there not really exploits as such

the guys i have played are pretty good players and are very good at doing the knock on run, doing it with the likes of henry then you are skipping past people

they have probably adopted this from fifa 08 but it is more responsive on euro 08 thus why they probably do it, and why it works for them

it isn't easy to do believe me, i cannot do it

the run at your player normaly, they turn to the side like a side step or something, so when you come to block him or nick the ball in a quick movement he turns and on that turn he has the sprint knock on which he then runs past you with ease

as for the cut backs then yeah, they are going for the quick and easy win as much as possible because they seem to get there kicks from scoring x amount of goals anyway possible

while on the other hand, i get my kicks out of playing nice looking rewarding football

just personal preference, i am sure the good players will be able to stop some people getting to the byline for cutbacks etc

but with this game, it can be so open and counter attacking you can be left exposed

An hour or two after I cancelled my preorder as well.

I could kill people, I really could.

There is a local place where I'm promised it will be sold to me tomorrow. I've just got to get there before it sells out, and knowing my luck (see the GT5P thread and my "Blockbuster" post)...

Would be funny if, with all your chopping and changing, you can't get hold of a copy unitl next Monday. You'd turn this forum blue.

Anyway, my copy's been despatched 1st class. Should be here tomorrow.

tbh there not really exploits as such

the guys i have played are pretty good players and are very good at doing the knock on run, doing it with the likes of henry then you are skipping past people

they have probably adopted this from fifa 08 but it is more responsive on euro 08 thus why they probably do it, and why it works for them

it isn't easy to do believe me, i cannot do it

the run at your player normaly, they turn to the side like a side step or something, so when you come to block him or nick the ball in a quick movement he turns and on that turn he has the sprint knock on which he then runs past you with ease

as for the cut backs then yeah, they are going for the quick and easy win as much as possible because they seem to get there kicks from scoring x amount of goals anyway possible

while on the other hand, i get my kicks out of playing nice looking rewarding football

just personal preference, i am sure the good players will be able to stop some people getting to the byline for cutbacks etc

but with this game, it can be so open and counter attacking you can be left exposed

Hows playing the AI like then?

me neither, i guess we are just good at reading the game :TU:

on another note, can we have play each other twice in the league and how many games do you get if you go all the way in Captain Your Country?

me neither, i guess we are just good at reading the game :TU:

on another note, can we have play each other twice in the league and how many games do you get if you go all the way in Captain Your Country?

true that, and even if someone did score with a cut back, it wasnt a big deal cause it wasnt like i was gonna lose 10-1..... all cutbacks. i can deal with 1-2 a game... not a big deal

Back
Top Bottom