UEFA Champions League For 360! (March 20th)

i played alot of this yesterday like i said i would, and the keepers are just too fucking good, it absolutley ruins the game. The fact that you cant dribble also sucks. crossing is awful, and the computer AI is shit. I was beating someone 1-0 and they bring on a defender for a forward and the announcher says "looks like there trying to get that tying goal" In pro evo at least the cpu brings on a forward for a defender when there down...

:( WTF!!!why there is no crowd when i play??:roll: I don't understand during the replay they are there but then when i come back to the game no crowd!!!!!!!camera angleS??Any idea guys??

good news guys, finally an XBOX360 magazine in UK (X360) has given UEFA a decent review, albeit still not a GREAT score (7/10), but it does mention the improved ball physics and that the game is on an equal with PES etc.........

uncle dazzA

Well I've got my ultimate team to a Level 4, no real star players just good decent pro's. Anyone fancy an online game with ther ultimate team let me know.

Has anyone unlocked new footballs yet? How do you do it? Does playing friendlies against the CPU help?

Well I lost a game last night 6-1 and I was so,so pleased.Here's why.
I decided to start a champions league on World Class using Ath.Madrid.In a group comprising Man.Utd,Werder Bremen and Levski.First game a gritty 0-0 With Werder.Not bad.2nd game I won at Levski with a goal in the dying minutes.I'm thinking,Hmmm not that difficult even in World Class mode.Next up Man Utd and in a game of outstanding quality and enjoyment we share a 2-2 draw.All the goals scored in the first half.Great game.
Now I'm thinking,okay,if this is all the AI can do I'm gonna walk the league and get bored to boot.
So to the return at Old Trafford against the reds.Kick off and 15 mins later I'm 4-0 down and pulled to shreds by the onslaught on goal by the opposition.
I recovered,got one back but let two more in after the break.
The reason it was great was the fact that I'd been out-thought,out-played and put in place by a game that just seems to get better by the day.
My plan and marking had been found abysmally lacking,at least thats how it felt and I was impressed.The best thing of all though is that at no stage did I feel I was being cheated by the computer.I lost because of mistakes I made.
Never thought I say it but this game makes me want to keep playing.Just like I used to feel with ISS on the Ps1.
Thanks to JB, El Diego and others for flying the flag and turning the head of a hardened PES player.

I had some real good games online last night. first was me as Barcelona vs Man Utd. Won on penalties after being 3-1 up. I was controlling the game but had some lag issues and it was better for him as i seemed a second slower all the time. he got it back to 3-3 before i won the game.

2nd game had me as Marseille vs Arsenal and i won 2-1. pretty impressed as i managed to control the game with my passing qualities.

Konami need to take a leaf out of EA's book and start-from-scratch. It's 2007 now, not 1997. When I play UEFA you can tell a big team effort has been put into it. PES6 just felt like Seabass had made it, in a rush, in his bedroom. It feels like a demo, like an unfinished game. Yawn. I actually get excited everytime I put the UEFA disc in - it has been a breath of fresh air. Nearly owned it for 3 weeks now and I am still loving it. I have always been fanatical PES player and very anti-EA but for once, EA have got it right; not perfect, but RIGHT.

Its bullshit when you come 1 on 1 with the goalie. I tried going round him - but the dribblin is awful and therefore you cant beat him because your player either wont react or turn too slow.

I love the game but they need to VASTLY improve the ways you can dribble.

I was thinking a right analogue system or something would be cool for one on ones. For example if you wanted to curl the ball past the keeper to the right you would sort of curl the right analogue from the right to the up position. Just an idea. Becuase at the moment its just acting like a normal shot.

I do love how the one on ones look in Pro Evo though so it can't be that hard.

Starting to play this more online now. Had a match against some kid who played as Arsenal last night. I battered him first half and then he scored two goals in 2nd half out of nowhere! Very realistic. I can't defend in this game for shit though - I need tips!

As I'm still stuck in "current gen" I was extremely pissed off to find out that they didn't update the transfers at all for the PS2 version, despite an EA guy posting on their forums that transfers would be updated as of close of January transfer window :(

What's treble mode like? I was really looking forward to that on next-gen, I didn't realise it was current-gen only...

Arrrgggh I don't understand ONLINE! Can someone explain a few things:

Quick Ranked match: Sometimes I get to watch replays, sometimes the other guy gets to skip them. Sometimes I am at home, sometimes away. RANDOM!

Formation editor: How do I store a formation and line-up with a club and take that online (like in Pro Evo with stock data)? It annoys me playing with the default settings and it takes way to long doing it every match.

Jack Bauer: Are you ever going to play me? You seem to be wary of online matches my friend!

Everyone: Who wants to have sex with me?

It's good and bad in ways only EA can make a mode good and bad, it's really cool to have story elements, but the way they've done it everything is really contrived and forced......

I played it as Newcastle, you play 2 friendlies first, always the same two teams, one of your CB's always gets injured in the 2nd friendly which is against Galatasary, it's determined which defender will get injured, if you try not to use him you get a message "the chairman insists that Craig Moore play in this match", fortunately the Newcastle injury was only Craig Moore, I started as Barca and it was Márquez, for Liverpool Carragher, both much bigger losses and you lose them for the whole season, I won't spoil the whole story in case some people will still play it, basically they force certain players to be injured, certain players sent off, one will fall out with the club and eventually refuse to play for the club and you have to sell him, you're forced to buy and sell about 6 players during the mode and the players you buy all have to be 78+ so you end up with a star team of players who have nothing to do with the team you chose, you end up with "super team", which for me defeats the whole point of playing as a team I "support".

During the season some matches are skipped and the result and events are pre-decided, other matches you start off at a certain disadvantage, for example losing 1-0, penalty to the opposing team and you have to avoid losing and not concede more than 2 and there's only 20 mins left, save the penalty and you have a good chance, let it in and you'll struggle, stuff like that is somewhat interesting but as I mentioned the forced, contrived nature makes it boring and annoying.

To sum it up it's typical EA, they have implemented the mode in the cheapest, easiest way possible, instead of using good programming to have an intelligent game system which instead of forcing and contriving a linear path responds intelligently to the events of your own actions, maybe it'll be better in the future if they do it again but I don't it.

Unbelievable. I'm convinced that EA have said "lets put our worst team on the current-gen version and our best team on the next-gen version" - the next-gen version is completely free and doesn't force anything on you like that.

But saying that, I suppose there's so few game modes that they don't really have the opportunity...

El Diego, like yourself I'm busy in the week (especially at the moment), have patience my anal-loving friend!

Back
Top Bottom