UEFA Champions League For 360! (March 20th)

How do I change players in my first team lineup? I dont see anywhere of rotating players, just sending them to my trade pile etc

Nevermind, I'm thick hehe

Go to team management from the main menu, or (for much better options), when you're shown how many points you have on the left and given your lineup on the right (before you proceed to controller select), press START, and go to team management there.

So it seems to be impossible to shoot the ball low on the grass. When i have got the players i want in the ultimate team can i freeze it so that the players contracts dont end? so i can play as many games as i want or do you need to use the contract extension on them?

iv'e given this a good go and just can't get into it

i quite enjoyed fifa 07, but had to sell my original 360 cos i needed the dough

now iv'e got another one and bought this game and it come's across as to slow and the when you play a chipped pass it takes forever to reach the player

I am playing a Champions League campaign as Man United on World Class with match time set to 8 minutes. Played two matches, away at Celtic (won 1-0) and home against Copenhagen (won 2-0). I have to say I am having the time of my life. The longer matches produce even more animations and it is better to have more time to score goals (obviously).

A few things I'm loving:
* The way Scholes drifts around the midfield and makes runs into the box. He plays like the real ginger prince!
* Shooting. Yes, SHOOTING. I have got to grips with it and boy, it's GOOD when you hit a 25-yard screamer with Rooney and it smashes against the woodwork!
* C.Ronaldo. He looks, runs and sulks (maybe not the last bit) like the real thing. I hit an awesome shot with him last night.
* The sticks for movement. God, why have I been playing PES for so long!? It's crap! The control system on this is beautiful. I can play how I WANT to play.
* The crowd chants. They really wow me a times. I play with the game BOOMING through my speakers, it's like watching it on ITV Tuesday nights!

This is a really, really good game guys. I've played it for 7 nights solid and am only NOW getting used to it after playing PES for so many years. You HAVE to stick with this and get to grips with it but when you do, boy, it plays like a dream. :)

I had the game of my life last night (or should that be "this morning" as it was only about 7 hours ago..?) - I'm trying all different teams so my most recent campaign is as Man Utd. I scored a goal by Rooney after intercepting a back pass (ever see that in PES?)and the crowd were chanting "Rooney, Rooney"...

Anyway, the game of my life I talk about above was a QF against Bayern, away. They battered me in the first half having scored early on. At half-time it was 2-0 so I changed my tactics, pushing Ronaldo into a RF position and doing a similar thing with Giggs. (I also play with Solksjaer rather than Larsson due to team chemistry). I came back to 2-1 and as Ole tired I swapped him for Saha and with his first touch he made a bustling run into the box and scored at the near post to make it 2-2.

Then I made a mistake of trying to go for the winner, rather than being content for two away goals and a draw. Next thing "BANG" and "BANG" and I lose 4-2! I've got to wait until Saturday evening now before I can play the return leg and I just can't bloody wait!! This game has got me hooked.

(The goalies are a little too good though!)

PS - The corner tip I read in here was spot on - just tap the cross button - having much more success now. Scored a couple of brilliant free kicks too.

You have to aim the corners too. I have whipped some cracking crosses in with Carrick and scored a few headers.

Anyone know how I bring the centre backs forward ONLY for corners?

This game is CRACKING!! I have won the champions league. Now how do I do this ultimate team thingy? where do you go to to buy a pack of them bronze cards? I cant see how you do it?

Dj

scored a few peaches recently.

crespo laid a ball off on the edge of the area for Adriano to crack a swerving shot past the keeper.

Crouch scored a low sidefoot shot from a corner against galatasaray, after the keeper collided with his own player at the corner, giving crouch the chance. Scored a sweet flick header with Kuyt too.

I do enjoy this game, can feel a little slow sometimes and they could up the pace when players run for the ball.

So it seems to be impossible to shoot the ball low on the grass. When i have got the players i want in the ultimate team can i freeze it so that the players contracts dont end? so i can play as many games as i want or do you need to use the contract extension on them?

yeah shooting across the grass seems impossible!

had some real cracking online games last night. First I was Marseille and played away too Lens and won 2-1 after being 1-0 down. Cisse with a great header and Niang got the winner with a penalty.

2nd game I was Real madrid vs Man Utd. real tight and went too extra time. Some of my passing was brilliant but was struggling with final pass. took off Higuain and put robinho upfront with Van Nistelrooy. 1st half in extra time Van Nistelrooy scored with a sweet left foot finish from edge of box. bad defending let rooney score but with 2mins left Robinho went through and buried it at the near post.

Well with CL06-07 being this good I for one am big time looking forward to FIFA 08's Arrival on the pitch of next gen soccer :)

Dj

still loving this guys. i just scored from past the half way line before. opposition cleared it from their box and i accidently knocked the shoot button. my player hits the ball full toss and it floats to the front of the goal, goalie and defender get in the way of each other and the ball bounces once and into the goal!! absolute gold, i love the way the physics seem to be able to produce truly random stuff like this, its rare as hens teeth though, just like in real life... bloody cant wait for fifa 08

Yeah I get random stuff happening, incredible game. It gets better for me as I GET BETTER if that makes any sense? I think there are too many PES-tinted players that can't play it without completey FORGETTING about the simplistic and dated engine they are so used to.

Nice to see people who play real football and know what it's supposed to feel like. :)

As has been said, it just seems to get better and better. I was getting really frustrated with the shots when, all of a sudden, a corner gets headed away and I manage a volley into the top corner from 40 yards out. So much for your "super keepers who save everything" (alright, they are a bit too good, but not as good as they can get in PES)!

I've been really busy this week so I've hardly had chance to play on it, but I can't wait for the weekend...

...and it's been a long time since I looked forward to PES!!

I think getting PES out of your system and "unlearning" the style of play we have been forced into over the last few years is an essential factor in enjoying this game for the people who once lived and breathed PES until now.

(Like me).

There are a lot of random things which are great; I've had an intercepted back-pass (which I've already bored everyone with), I've had a goalie kicking the ball against my striker to leave me with a tap in, an own goal last night where one defender hit it against another of his own team and it deflected in. That's just from the top of my head, after 6 days decent play.

It is getting better the more I play.

And no CPU Cheating!! Ive never suddenly seen a shit team become full of Adrianos and Ronaldinho's like they do in PES!! However one thing I did encounter as I played Lyon at Old Trafford needing goals, I took 2 belting shots with Rooney, Coupet saved them but only pushed them both out to Larsson who scored the same way... On Pro Difficulty. Thats my only beef with this game at the moment, everything else feels like proper football :)

Dj

World Class is tough but it's not too bad if you play as a five-star team (Man United, Barca, Chelski etc).

EA is definately on the right track with this. Can't wait to see how FIFA08 will be.

The shooting is quite good already but they MUST make HARD LOW SHOOTS ON THE GROUND possible in the next release. One on One situations with the keeper have to be more realistic, too. (PES is better in this point)

But PES is mostly CPU decides what you will get as an end result..... The amount of times ive aimed shots in a certain place and PES decides they aint goin there.... Its much more refreshing to see UEFA/FIFA's shots going basically where im aiming.....

Dj

Yeah the one-on-ones are crap. I can't just take the ball around the 'keeper it feels like I have to shoot (in UEFA, not PES.)

Speaking of PES, I might pop PES6 in tonight and laugh at it!

man i cant seem to see what you guys are seeeing, me and coopz played a game and it was lifeless and crap... we both agreed we were really souring on the game.. I will start a CL tonight again, im going to play the shit out of this game and see if i see what you guys are playing

Maybe you prefer football with Robots and CPU Assisted bullshit csaunders? (No Offence Mate)

Dj

You have the odd match thats lifeless yes but thats true to life... look at some of the boring 0-0 draws you sometimes get in the various leagues?

At least its not you dominate the game, then suddenly your players turn into robotic statues, the CPU puts a cross in and scores a 90th Minute Winning header....

Dj

It's Marmite - you either love it or hate it! I am a happy man, thats all that matters. :)

Back
Top Bottom