UEFA Champions League For 360! (March 20th)

:lmao:

Yeah, for me, it's the hairstyles. It doesn't matter if the game has the most realistic gameplay to date and makes you work hard just to get a point, if the player's hair doesn't move, then you can SHOVE YOUR GAME - what kind of RETARDS would put gameplay before this, for God's sake?!! Those EA n00bs, they'll never beat Konami lololol!!

:lmao:

Ooof, judging on the mixed responses you'd have to play it first.

Personally I would, as for me it surpasses any previous football game in terms of just the freedom and the way you can play whatever style of football you want, but obviously, if you don't like it, then you won't want it. Grab yourself a few matches on it from somebody.

Like CS said, it is worth getting a 360 for many titles and this IS one of them mate. Playing a Champs League campaign match as Valencia at the moment and the football is blowing my mind, so realistic. Best game I have played this year for me. I just LOVE building up the play, the passing & movement is awesome.

Well I won the Champions League. No one ever gave me a good game on world class. I would dominate but not score only because of the super human keepers. The game is too easy.

jurys still out. been playing somemore, still cant put my finger on it.

CPU still doesnt header as much as it should do and is very annoying. The crosses really annoy me theres no way to get a balance. EA must fix this. Theres so many variants of crosses on PES compared to EA. You can either fire it in or lob it, you cant just do normal crosses or pick a man out. Very frustrating.

Also when you knock a long ball upfield and two players chase the ball they tend to jog rather than sprint.

I like it but its not better than pes, rails or not. It could be amazing with the right direction, fixing headers and crosses and freeing up movement a little more. Also first touch can be useless when they knock the ball too far away when you want a quick turn.

Wow! The game is STILL getting better for me! Just won with Valencia 3-1. The crossing is something to master but it doesn't half look good when you whip in a cross and David Villa pops up with dinking header that crashes off the bar ONTO the post and IN!

This game rules my world! :gloats:

i know some people like the fact that crossing is done with the power bar but i do not like it.. I would rather the one button, 2 button press style. Crossing on this does not feel right.

WOW is this game more than decent. the lighting the stadiums and THEN the gameplay are all very good. i just want more freedom shooting at goal in fifa 08 and i'm all set

i know some people like the fact that crossing is done with the power bar but i do not like it.. I would rather the one button, 2 button press style. Crossing on this does not feel right.

But that's not realistic in my opinion. Having TOTAL control of my passing IS realsim. You can hammer the crosses far too deep or not far enough in UEFA, that is realism. The crosses in PES go to the same space in the goal mouth everytime.

Jeez you guys, I was a PES-freak too but it's now 2007 not 1997, you HAVE to get used to UEFA. I am getting there and it's a DAMN good game (with it's flaws, I agree).

Roll on FIFA 08! \\:o/

In total agreement with El Diego (again).

I too have been a PES "freak" - playing it an average of at least one hour every day for the last 6 or 7 years (going back to ISS 2) and hadn't even considered buying a FIFA game since that point.

What you have to do is just get PES totally out of your system by leaving it alone for a few days, just playing UEFA - even to some extent, the ball physics are only strange because they're not what you're used to. OK< they are not perfect, but then neither is PES.

Each to their own but I decided to invest "emotionally" in this game when I bought it on Friday and haved loved every minute of it - whether it's being trounced 3-0 against Arsenal (with them hitting the bar twice and having 2 goals disallowed for offside) or the follow up game where I beat them 2-1. Hell, even a 0-0 draw away to Copenhagen thrilled me with how the pattern of play and the result were down to ME and not some silly compensation coding that comes across as CPU cheating.

I seriously have no plans to go back to PES until the next release. OK, I feel a little dirty enjoying a game associated with FIFA but even the best sometimes move over to the "dark side" ;-p.

Good post there mjp - what we have to remember is that this IS a PES-fan forum and the kids are set in their ways. I don't want to be in work right now because I know I have a Champions League campaign to get on with when I get home! I haven't felt about a game like this since PES on the PSone!

Finally the good times are rolling, next-gen style!

But that's not realistic in my opinion. Having TOTAL control of my passing IS realsim. You can hammer the crosses far too deep or not far enough in UEFA, that is realism. The crosses in PES go to the same space in the goal mouth everytime.

Jeez you guys, I was a PES-freak too but it's now 2007 not 1997, you HAVE to get used to UEFA. I am getting there and it's a DAMN good game (with it's flaws, I agree).

Roll on FIFA 08! \\:o/

Diego i understand what your saying and yes it is more realistic in UEFA. I just don't feel EA have got the crossing right in this.

the crossing isnt right. its totally hit and miss. you cant judge the power on the bar at all, it goes to fast. Thats probably why konami made it a three button, two button, one button press because it takes a second to execute, unlike EA's that takes a fraction to build up. Thats fine when you have space but when theres defenders on you you more than likely hit it too short or too long, the responsiveness just isnt there.

If you beat a man down the line by the time you execute a cross a defender can already be back blocking the cross.

Nice to see Arsenal change tactics mid game and throw up a centre half up front, but theres times when they have a man free and dont pass and i can tackle them. Also Arsenal fans were chanting Liverpool, Liverpool at the emirates.

the crossing isnt right. its totally hit and miss. you cant judge the power on the bar at all, it goes to fast. Thats probably why konami made it a three button, two button, one button press because it takes a second to execute, unlike EA's that takes a fraction to build up. Thats fine when you have space but when theres defenders on you you more than likely hit it too short or too long, the responsiveness just isnt there.

If you beat a man down the line by the time you execute a cross a defender can already be back blocking the cross.

I totally disagree - there is nothing more realistic than beating a defender with a winger by tapping RS forward then whipping in a short cross. It takes a while to master.

EA's comment on the cards not selling properly:

EA SPORTS said:
We're aware of some problems regarding online card trading at the moment and have followed this up with the studio.

The issue comes from the test data (which was used before the game being released) having been deleted and the sysem which tracks trades being reset later than originally intended - after the game launched.

The upshot of this is that trading is incorrectly tracking initially for some users. And while this is frustrating will only be an issue for this first week, after which the trades which did not work correctly will have timed out in the system, restoring any cards which may have gone missing and restoring trade slots you may have lost in the meantime.

Apologies for the delays to those suffering this problem, but our current understanding is that by the end of the week this will no longer be a problem.

EDIT: And this morning, I've woke up to discover my Ultimate Team deleted. All of the players have just disappeared, and I have no way to start a game without deleting my team and starting again.

Do EA not realise how hard they are making it to convert PES players to FIFA when the game has so many bugs in?

Last edited:
I just think this next-gen Fifa engine is so flawed. They would have been so much better off using the current-gen engine with this next-gen graphics. IMO they've just compeltely ruined what was turning out to be a really good engine for current-gen. They've gone one step forward and two steps back. I dont care that it's "free". That's a term everyone is throwing around stupidly. So its "free".. what does that even mean. Slow, unresponsive, unnatural? So the ball can spin in 50 different directions.. at the end of the day that means nothing when they can't get the shooting or crossing right.

As I've said before. I'd much rather have an improved PES7 with more stadiums and an edit mode than Fifa 08 any day.

Noted you must be playing a different UCL AND PES6 to me! What keeps you going back in PES? Don't you find every match in the 360 version identical? You can't keep the ball for more than 10 seconds in it! How is that enjoyable?

PES6 is one of the worst releases by Konami in my opinion.

I can keep the ball more than 10 seconds. Online keeps me going in it. The master league aswell has kept me going for a long time I've done about 3 seasons with Valencia.

Sure, it has its negatives but for me the negatives in UCL far outweigh those in PES6

I do respect JB and everone who like this though, you like what you like, each to their own n all that.

Last edited:
I can keep the ball more than 10 seconds.
So what you're saying is it's too hard, and yet days ago you were saying it was too easy...

I can keep the ball for ten minutes, if I need to, to defend a lead. So "I can't keep the ball" is no excuse, you might as well just say "in PES all I have to do is press pass every 5-10 seconds and I can win".

Seriously, my dad played this and couldn't understand why, if he hammered the pass button, his player would just kick the ball an inch forward. That's all you have to do in PES; press pass and the CPU does the rest. Press it a million times and you get a million perfect first-touch passes.

And comparing a current-gen engine that only does 10% of what the next-gen engine does is ridiculous. If you don't like the game then fair enough, but the amount of work that's gone into the next-gen engine is massive.

Jack I was talking about PES with the keeping the ball. And I said "can" not "can't" :D. I understand a lot of work has gone in but how is that my concern. We're paying money for it. The work isn't very good thats all I'm saying.

Jack Bauer said:
Seriously, my dad played this and couldn't understand why, if he hammered the pass button, his player would just kick the ball an inch forward. That's all you have to do in PES; press pass and the CPU does the rest. Press it a million times and you get a million perfect first-touch passes.

But you see that, for me, takes the fun out of it. An Xbox 360 controller is not a brain or a foot. It's much too fiddly in my opinion having to determine how long you've pressed the button down for an I always end up giving the ball away for no reason because the passing controls are too fiddly. This is a game after all, a form of entertainment. If I wanted REAL football I would watch it on TV. PES for me is fun. Dont know about anyone else but I play games for fun not to sit there playing a real football match with a small controller in my hand. I think they're getting too far ahead of themselves and eveything is becoming too "next-gen" in Fifa. I like how PES stick with the basics of a great gameplay engine.

Its like with Football Manager. Everything is becoming so complicated in in-depth that the fun is being taken out of it.

Back
Top Bottom