UEFA Champions League For 360! (March 20th)

EDIT: Has anybody else playing the Ultimate Team mode found that, when you put your cards up for sale and then try to remove the ones that don't sell, you're told they have been and you're not allowed to remove them (to make space for the other cards you want to advertise)?

Yeah annoying as hell.

But how addictive is buying the cards :mrgreen:

Shooting is a bit 50/50 though, I'll give you that. Don't get me wrong, you still have 750% more control than you get in PES (I think I'm going to start calling it PISS just to piss the fanboys off :D)

Yes, shooting is 50/50 nonsense in this game if you ask me. I do not have any control of the shots as where I want to place them. And some of the shooting animations that the players execute from certain angles do not look natural or realistic, as the player's body/positioning look akward in relation to where he is shooting. I have to disagree with you mate, PES's shooting is 1000 times far more superior with far more realistic ball physics then this game. I cannot understand how some of you die-hard WE/PES veterans cannot see this...Granted, the shooting can be somewhat off in PES6 360 version at times, however if you tweak the shooting stats on each player, the shooting becomes a lot more satisfying and rewarding then it's current default setting...This is however my view, so please, no flaming from any of you Fifa/UCL fanboyz ;-)

The game is a lot of fun, but much more work needs to be done to make it a classic in my book.

As the saying goes..To each his own.

Last edited:
I started a Ultimate Team before.

Won my first game 1-0 against Levski Sofia.

Bit silly the way you get random stadiums and club badges (I got Real Zaragoza). Looking forward at getting into the card system. I used a "Boost dribling card" for like 15 mins and it had a real effect. You could tell as soon as I activated it that my players were more responive and better at dribbling.

Shame it didnt last long tho :(

As for the bloody card system, jeez.

I enjoyed top trumps when I was 8.

I'm 35 now.

Fifa 07 is so much better,even with the dodgy collisions etc.

Imo,of course.

:| That's the first time I've seen someone prefer FIFA 07 over UEFA...! I could never go back!

I'm still loving the game to bits. I'm starting to notice bugs though, which are annoying as fuck, but don't really affect the gameplay (apart from one, where once in a hundred times you find you're not "allowed" to change player when the ball is in the air).

The card system (which I like and dislike at the same time - I wouldn't mind it so much if your players' contracts didn't expire so often that you end up having a new team every few weeks, which is bollocks) has most of the bugs. For example, if you select the formation from the main menu and set it all up, in the game you'll find players in the totally wrong positions. Plus, you can't keep defensive/attacking instructions saved. And as I've already mentioned, there's the one where you can only queue ten cards to sell, but all of mine have now sold but refuse to move from the queue. You're told when you try to delete them that they've been sold. So why won't you let me delete them then you twat...

The actual gameplay I love, though. Just played a few online skirmishes as well at a friend's house, and it's just a joy to behold.

IMO, of course. :)

got mine today so please add me. kobashi100

brother playing it at moment so i got no views at the moment. :)

I played PES6 today and its sooo much better than Fifa/CL (imo). Theres things about CL which just don't seem natural and even though PES isn't as "free" or all that, it's still so much better in terms of ball physics. The ball is still much too floaty in Fifa/UEFA and players run, turn and shoot in an unnatural way still. The animations need a lot of work and I think the ball needs to feel heavier.

And PES has come a LONG way. I was in essex this weekend and I played PES4 at my cousins house and I was amazed at how different it was. The graphics, animations, physics. I'm still loving PES6 5 months after release.

Balls to PES6 (like pun?). Been playing Ultimate Team all evening - it's GREAT FUN! (Remember that, FUN?)

I still own PES6 but nothing draws me near it at the moment.

Yes, shooting is 50/50 nonsense in this game if you ask me. I do not have any control of the shots as where I want to place them. And some of the shooting animations that the players execute from certain angles do not look natural or realistic, as the player's body/positioning look akward in relation to where he is shooting. I have to disagree with you mate, PES's shooting is 1000 times far more superior with far more realistic ball physics then this game. I cannot understand how some of you die-hard WE/PES veterans cannot see this...Granted, the shooting can be somewhat off in PES6 360 version at times, however if you tweak the shooting stats on each player, the shooting becomes a lot more satisfying and rewarding then it's current default setting...This is however my view, so please, no flaming from any of you Fifa/UCL fanboyz ;-)

The game is a lot of fun, but much more work needs to be done to make it a classic in my book.

As the saying goes..To each his own.

yes major thing about the game is JUST THAT. goal scoring or shooting at goal is very poor although realistic.i said earlier that this was the thing they have to get right in fifa 08. we have to have more freedom and control over how we take are shots. the depending on player postionimng as EA puts it is a copout for them not wanting to focus ont hat the way WE does. which a shame becuase then we'd have jutter bliss

I am starting to really sour on this game. I was atheltico madrid vs newcastle, shey given made 15 saves, 8 were one on ones... the goalies are super freaks who stop everything. The shooting and crossing is piss piss piss poor. Im with noted. Sorry guys! Fifa has come along way but im really mad i spend $120 on these two games. If you guys get a chance to play an awesome sports title, try NBA2k7 or Ncaa College Hoops, the graphics, controls, and gameplay is amazing, I hope sega sports make a football game!

I am starting to really sour on this game. I was atheltico madrid vs newcastle, shey given made 15 saves, 8 were one on ones... the goalies are super freaks who stop everything. The shooting and crossing is piss piss piss poor. Im with noted. Sorry guys! Fifa has come along way but im really mad i spend $120 on these two games. If you guys get a chance to play an awesome sports title, try NBA2k7 or Ncaa College Hoops, the graphics, controls, and gameplay is amazing, I hope sega sports make a football game!

Finally someone who says what I think, the keepers are crazy!

After playing this game for a few matches Im done with it. Im not saying I hate it, but Im certainly in no rush to play it again.

Overall Im happy EA are improving Fifa all the time, much more than Konami are doing. I really cant wait for Fifa 08. Saying that, I strongly believe Konami will win back all our hearts with a proper next gen version of PES/WE this year. Thats if they sort out the master league structure along with their amazing next gen graphics ;)

Its completely ridiculous. I just had 15 shots in one half, several of those one on ones, and a few belters from about 6 yards out. ALL saved by the ridiculous super goalies. You think PES cheat? Well this is the most blatant cheating Ive ever seen. And its all because I'm in the knockout rounds. Funny that I win every game in the groups but in the knockout rounds its just as easy except when it comes to scoring. The goalies completely ruin this game for me. I'm amazed.

Its completely ridiculous. I just had 15 shots in one half, several of those one on ones, and a few belters from about 6 yards out. ALL saved by the ridiculous super goalies. You think PES cheat? Well this is the most blatant cheating Ive ever seen. And its all because I'm in the knockout rounds. Funny that I win every game in the groups but in the knockout rounds its just as easy except when it comes to scoring. The goalies completely ruin this game for me. I'm amazed.

In Fifa 07 you could actually try and make the goalies less acrobatic and such. this game you can not edit their attributes sadly which deters from long long term play. i agree that the goalies are super "talented" say? but it's really all because of the fact that Ea have NOT sorted out their shots on goal mechanic. In current gen Fifa 07's the shooting at goal IS spot on and you see no ridiculously good saves just good saves. the higher the level you play on the more saves the AI will make simple. they've made great strides in other gameplay areas now but sadly still have not adressed the shooting at goal yet this next gen hopefully fifa 08 shows signs of them improving the shooting mechanic to one where it's very similar or identical to WE because this "player positioning" crap EA gives us about how we shoot on goal with it is complete and utter nonsense and a copout on their part.

personally i like the game but hate the shooting at goal myself but it's not unplayable at all. the atmosphere the passing and "some " shots look and act out great on this game's pitch

This game is good but IMO its only worth a rent although is far better than the POS that is Winning Eleven Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 for the Xbox 360

to csaunders Sega Sports doesn't exist anymore (Sega-Sammy thought Visual Concepts and Kush games were not important so they sold them)

Take 2 bought those studios and created 2k Sports, if they make a football Soccer game it will probably be crap like their Baseball games its a damn shame they got the exclusive MLB license.

I am enjoying the game but I am finding the shooting and crossing a bit strange. I like the passing though and feel it works great.

dribbling is a bit clunky and I seem to have some problems with tackling the CPU.

Also can anyone help me regarding online play? People seem too get in behind against me way too easy. no idea how I can stop this.

Theres things about CL which just don't seem natural and even though PES isn't as "free" or all that, it's still so much better in terms of ball physics. The ball is still much too floaty in Fifa/UEFA and players run, turn and shoot in an unnatural way still. The animations need a lot of work and I think the ball needs to feel heavier.

Bang on!

I love the way you all hate UCL after ONLY testing it for a few days where as you will play PES6 day-in/day-out despite it's lack of options, sluggish gameplay, arcade-like movement, rails, cheating CPU, SHAMBOLIC on-line, poor commentary etc etc. Take your tinted glasses off for one night and then try playing UCL.

I do agree with your comments in regards to goalies; they do save far too many shots and the one-on-ones DO NOT look realistic at all. But the CPU AI is amazing at times and the build-up play really is something that no other football game has mastered yet.

I think PES6 has some advantages over this and vice-versa but I am sticking with UCL. It is just more realistic in my opinion. PES6 is the same game every time I play it. Boring.

Totally agree with El Diego above - spot on. Actually, that reminds me, no-one has mentioned the penalties - I think they're so much better than PES - I actually feel as though I'm controlling where it goes and how fast it goes.

Anyway, only had time for 2 games last night and they were just great - I'm now playing on World Class as Barca and some of the football I'm playing is sublime. A qualifying game versus Arsenal was amazing - the way Fabregas(sp?) was controlling the midfield was superb.

i had a revelation when playing through the CL with Chelsea and real groups. In my away barcelona match, zambrotta and puyol dominated and i really couldnt find anyway through. The nou camp was quite intimidating and ronaldinho scored a lovely goal off the underside of the crossbar. Went back to stamford bridge (this is group stage) and was less intimidated, the atmosphere really lifted me (turn it up loud and the lights off - very immersive) and i managed to win 2-0. That was the first time the occasion or atmosphere had actually affected my playing of the game. To those struggling with corners where the keeper catches them, if you press cross only a tiny bit, almost not at all, you can swing them into the right area and the keeper doesnt catch it. Anyway, finding the game brilliant and just love the atmosphere and big occasion sense. Do agree that one-on-ones are a bit too hard though...

How great are the new cut scenes, up close and near to the ref when you get a yellow, etc. Terry and Messi were both called over by the ref in my game, and terry kept walking away, so the ref got a bit angry and called him back louder. Gave em both a talking to and Terry walked off shaking his head. Was Brilliant.

PES6 is bullshit, players not making good movement for you, you get closed down within a millisecond of receiving the ball,ricochets always bounce the CPU's way, The CPU can hack and foul the shit out of you and NOT get freekick's/bookings yet you do!, It looks cartoony and its heavily scripted.....

UEFA CL whilst having its normal FIFA Esque issues (Super Goalies,odd crossing system and strange looking players) is far beyond PES6. PES6 feels old and tired now im sick of it!

Dj

I love the way you all hate UCL after ONLY testing it for a few days where as you will play PES6 day-in/day-out despite it's lack of options, sluggish gameplay, arcade-like movement, rails, cheating CPU, SHAMBOLIC on-line, poor commentary etc etc. Take your tinted glasses off for one night and then try playing UCL.

I do agree with your comments in regards to goalies; they do save far too many shots and the one-on-ones DO NOT look realistic at all. But the CPU AI is amazing at times and the build-up play really is something that no other football game has mastered yet.

I think PES6 has some advantages over this and vice-versa but I am sticking with UCL. It is just more realistic in my opinion. PES6 is the same game every time I play it. Boring.

Agree with this for the most, even though i brought CL back to the shop. I wouldnt recommend either PES or UEFA over each other, both have their good and bad qualities.

However i realised something the other day when playing UEFA with regard to fifa. When i got fifa07 i was really enjoying it, the new way to play, the graphics, the difference from pes' rails etc. However the main part of my enjoyment, i realised when playing UEFA, was learning a new way to play, and after awhile i got used to the gameplay and knew how to play it. And by that i dont mean easy goals or anything like that, just knew how to play it with passing, shooting, tactics etc.

But quickly after i had learned how to play i got bored and stopped playing. The reason for this was that even though the game has some really good elements, too many important gameplay elements just dont work well enough yet (super goalies, lack of control when shooting, lack of responsiveness from controller to player, poor / no heading, slow crosses, collisionproblems, etc).

And when i started playing UEFA i found that even though they have fixed a few of the problems, i still feel/felt like i have limited control of my player and shooting / crossing. Passing is excellent though. However I dont think i should have to take a 0.5sec delay into account when timing/moving my players. In midfield its ok, but when your defending its poor, and when your in attack ditto, the comp can move and change direction in a split second (as it should be imo) but the control just isnt sharp enough so you end up lumbering into the attacker or lumbering with the ball into the goalie when 1-on-1 because you wanted to go round him and by the time you wanted to react till he ran out for the ball its too late. Offcourse with practice you can get it down, but tbh i want to play a reactive game, not an antisapation(sp?) game.

I just hope they can sort it for fifa08, as once they fix the goalies, have some whipped crosses instead of what mostly is now lob's and most importantly, instant reaction/control from controller to player it will far surpass the current, and with seabass' development speed, future pes, as its now on the way.

After a few days? a few days with numerous hours of play is more than enough to draw a solid conclusion that this game has a lot of recognizable issues and cannot compare to the so called scripted and robotic Winning Eleven games of Seabass that we loved so much in the past, and am sure will love again once the changes you want are made my friend. And you say sluggish gameplay of WE? you gotta be kidding me to think that this version is not, if more, sluggish as well. You might want to take your tinted glasses off to see that one as well ;-)

I think we who disagree with you and the others accept and see clearly(tinted glasses off) the positives that this game offers. However, as is always the case, the negatives far more outshines the positives in my opinion.

One day we'll get that perfect futbol game. One day...

This game is good but IMO its only worth a rent although is far better than the POS that is Winning Eleven Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 for the Xbox 360

to csaunders Sega Sports doesn't exist anymore (Sega-Sammy thought Visual Concepts and Kush games were not important so they sold them)

Take 2 bought those studios and created 2k Sports, if they make a football Soccer game it will probably be crap like their Baseball games its a damn shame they got the exclusive MLB license.

huh i heard there baseball game rocks, in the current ncaa bball game im playing you can CREATE YOUR OWN CHANTS! Imagine that for a footie title, 2K is the standard that all sports games should aspire too, you guys should check out there NBA 2k7 as that is probably the most recognizable sports game your europeans would know that they make..

In current gen Fifa 07's the shooting at goal IS spot on and you see no ridiculously good saves just good saves.

Yes, I agree with you BumperMan. The current generation gameplay is a lot more enjoying and satisfying to play than this next gen version. Almost everything is spot on and tight, even the nets are better..lol

I remember playing Fifa07 and being so excited in anticipation of the next gen version that to my assumption at that time, was going to be my dream game with more teams, graphics, licenses and at last, improved gameplay. However, when I later found out that EA were not using the same gameplay engine for the next gen version, I was completely disappointed. Now, it's going to take years, for them to get this next gen version right. To this day, I still do not understand why they didn't stick with the current gen gameplay.

Nets again? some people have got weird infatuations...

Dj

dj,
the nets are such an important part of that feeling, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLL!

If the ball richoets off the nets and comes out(as in WEJL) i jump up and scream in my mates face who i was playing. The NETS DO MATTER! Jflores were having this discussion the other night and after ripping a volley with Ilan of St Etiene in WE7, we did a slow motion replay of the net physics, and there awesome, and help make the game that much better

Back
Top Bottom