UEFA Champions League For 360! (March 20th)

Bought this when shopping in Tesco earlier. Gonna have a beer, chill with my woman, eat some food then RUN upstairs to my attic and get some serious UEFA playing in.

Can't wait . . .

Just beat Galatasaray twice in a row and thought "oh shit, is it getting too easy?" - next game I drew 1-1 with Lyon and the game after I got SMASHED by Benfica 2-0. I really, really love this game. It's so unpredictable.

I really, honestly haven't noticed any gameplay faults. The goalkeepers haven't made a single stupid mistake with me yet (possibly thanks to the update?). Not a single one. The referees have been absolutely spot on - seriously, they're great for me, no red cards yet. I have noticed three things though (after 15 games):

In one match, an opposition midfielder got the ball and then stopped for 3-4 seconds, as if the little man inside the XBOX 360 who was controlling him had put the pad down for a bit. But even then, it seemed intentional, as when I moved to get the ball off him, he just did a simple little pass to a player in a good position.

I've also noticed (after tiktiktiktik mentioning one-on-ones being monstrously difficult), that I've had about four one-on-ones all saved.

I've had a few shots hit the crossbar now, and of the ones that came back into play, they pinged back perfectly, but the ones that go over the bar just limp over make the ball seem flat.

And also, the commentary is great 95% of the time and stupid 5% of the time ("that's a foul, he's not giving a card though - that's a yellow card").

Overall though, I just can't stop playing it. I'm still blown away six hours after getting it.

EDIT: I just scored a goal with Robbie Keane and the crowd started chanting "KEANO, KEANO, KEANO"... :D How can you not love that?! :D

Last edited:
I swear to you mate; when I first played FIFA 07 I used the pad for a month or so. Unless they don't include the option in the US version for some reason...? But surely not...

In NL mate, so the euro version, but wouldnt expect it to be any different besides the manual. Also a possible reason i didnt realise/use it was because at that time i only had the MS controller, which has a crappy d-pad, so might have gone for analog anyway. But even so.......

Can anyone else confirm please?! As im so sure that i couldnt as thats what dissapointed me when i first got the game, and i looked what was possible with the different options. Actually, wasnt the difference between "analog" and "digital" the passing shooting? Refering to power and having to use the right analog stick? Im sure im not crazy, lol, and im sure i wouldnt have missed something like that. Oh well, ill check it myself tommorow if i can.

weird glitch alert!

playing a friendly using dynamic cam, first few rows are empty but full on replays and cutscenes!!!!!!

They've improved the crowd model Antred, that's probably why.

I use tele-cam myself. If it wasn't zoomed out that far then I wouldn't be able to play properly.

Yes, you can... And you could in FIFA 07... If you go into the options you have four controller choices; analog classic, analog new, digital classic, digital new. The last two let you use the D-pad for movement. How do you not know this; I thought you had FIFA 07 on the 360?!

Just to keep everyone up to date on what I think about it, I've started a CL with a mate, him as Liverpool and me as Tottenham. The game just gets better and better, the little things are superb. So far I've lost two games, drew two games and won one.

Let me tell you, when I won that game, I was running all over the house in celebration; literally. Blows the satisfaction of PES out of the water in my book. The game is so hard on World Class, and when you score, it's wonderful.

Every PES fanboy is telling me it will get worse with time. It's really, really not; it's getting better. You have to work so hard.

Best 360 game yet in my opinion.

Mate, I can only access two, Classic and new analouge!? Help!

What?! Don't tell me that I'm going literally mental!!!!! Let me look on UEFA for a minute...

I still think a lot of the animations, the way players shoot and the goalie animations all look unnatural at times. Along with the shit nets. Which is strange because the animations in current-gen Fifa look great.

It really gets to me and I still think I prefer PES.

Which is why I am leaning on getting the PS2 version. ;-)

Well fuck me, there is no digital option in UEFA!! I can only apologise for posting that it did earlier - but I SWEAR you could in FIFA 07, hence why they're called Classic Analog and New Analog (rather than just Classic and New) - because there was a Classic Digital and New Digital as well.

Or am I really, totally fucking bonkers?

Seriously, I'm worried about my mental health now. Someone with FIFA 07 on the 360 please tell me I'm not mad.

jflores you wouldnt be getting the same game. Current gen is good too but the freedom of the next gen game is the seller. Its a breath of fresh air if you learn to master it.

Is this coming out on PS2 then? I think I'm finally sick of PES to be honest. It's just not fun to play anymore.

Ad16, it's already out on PS2, but it's not the same game. It uses the current-gen engine, which isn't very good. It's not like PES where the version on the PS2 is the same as the 360 - the 360 version has totally different gameplay. They are literally two different games.

Cheers Jack. I think I might have to wait till the end of the year for a football game. Hopefully Seabass will have pulled his finger out by then.

I really don't know why I don't like it. I mean I've said why but I'm not sure why everyone else thinks it's gods gift. Sure its "free" but after a while of playing it, it just feels strange and unnatural.

Back
Top Bottom