UEFA Champions League For 360! (March 20th)

i think so because you have the option to change the ball in the options but I only had the cl one unlocked.

Im at work now. i miss my cl so much already! lol

- Can you hit decent crosses in this time? In fifa07 they were always slow and floaty with far too much height which made them work more like a lob then a cross, causing the heading to be crap, among other things.
Yes, especially with the passing-assistance off. Takes getting used to, though. Aim-wise and power-wise.

- Does the comp defense/attack actually head this time?
Yes. Seen it several times in several matches - a realistic amount.

- Has anyone else noticed the tactical changes being made by the comp that jacks mentioned? If that is the case, that would really interest me.
Whoops, I'm not allowed to answer this one! :D

- Do the balls rebound properly of post/crossbar? I know some mentioned in the demo impression that they ping off of them correctly this time. Just conformation.
95% of the time; I've seen a ball hit the crossbar and react like it wasn't pumped properly in the demo, but that was one time and I haven't seen it happen in the full game yet, it's bounced back perfectly (hit the crossbar twice so far).

- Is the stutter/collision fixed? No more stop/start when running into players?
100% fixed.

- Are the goalies fixed? meaning not being super human when 1-on-1, not being useless at freekicks and having decent animation for catching/grabbing the ball in the air?
Not super-human, they save the majority of free-kicks but I have seen one or two go in, and I'll admit now 50% of the time (as Noted has said) they seem to do a little jump to catch a ball that they would normally just stand there and grab. Doesn't effect the gameplay, though.

- Does the condition/weather change from match to match? I know in fifa07 when in managermode the settings would be used from the last friendly played and wouldnt change untill you played another friendly with different settings (night/day/etc)
Not 100% sure on this one...

- can i use the d-pad for player movement instead of analog? Not expecting it.
Yes.

is there any other balls bar the champs league one in this?
Tons from the cards that I've seen - but you have to unlock them in the (absolutely fucking stupid) Ultimate Team mode.

This game is absolutely amazing!!!
Especially in the visual section...

Just see St James Park in Sunny "mode" :lol:

( it's low quality photos but u get the point :mrgreen:
if anyone can find any real photos to compare with the stadiums in UCL , I am very curious to see how close they are to the real thing... )

And as u play u see that gameplay is also very very good. Realistic animations , controlled passing game ...

I think PES finally got an opponent :shock:

Last edited:
- can i use the d-pad for player movement instead of analog? Not expecting it.

Yes.

By movement i dont mean tactically, but the same as pes, that i move the (my) player with the d-pad instead of the analog?

Just asking again to make sure as it seems a bit illogical tbh, seeing as the game is so free with passing etc, letting people use the d-pad seems like a step back as analog passing in fifa07 (where you couldnt use the d-pad) definitly has its advantages.

Would be great news, and probably seal the sale for me, as i just couldnt get to grips with analog on fifa07. Really missed the sharpness/responsiveness of the d-pad in regard to my finger movement. Guess im a bit lazy as when using the d-pad only the end joint gets moved, whereas with analog the whole finger has to move. Atleast it feels that way to me.

can someone post some shots of players to see if hte proportions are still abit crap/
that st james looks awesome...only concern would be if like fifa 07 where there is parts of the stadium in the shade where you can barely see anything, and also the yellow bright patches are ridiculously bright, and the pitch either looks washed out or far too bright....any details would be great :)

csaunders, where are you? I would like to get your impressions of this game.

HOLLA!

yo jflores, i havent got it yet, to much NCAA on tv and beer to drink, I will pick it up tommorow morning proabably in a hangover. tonight im going to my mates house to play some 2 v 2 WEJL Classico Patch(GREAT PATCH, another reason why evo is dear to my heart, the patches are awesome) and then watch Gtwon and the heels whoop it up!

can someone post some shots of players to see if hte proportions are still abit crap/
that st james looks awesome...only concern would be if like fifa 07 where there is parts of the stadium in the shade where you can barely see anything, and also the yellow bright patches are ridiculously bright, and the pitch either looks washed out or far too bright....any details would be great :)
No , that's fixed. At least I'm very satisfied with the sunny stadiums. You can see everything "in the shadows" and they seem very realistic too.

Maybe I'll post more photos when I'll have time ;)

Game does get better. I agree with jack b.

Unfortunately reviewing "next-gen" games is such apain because once the visual stuff get's used to your left really rwalyinfg on the gameplay which then sometimes starts to show it's ugly side the more you play in general with every next gen game

Sorry to all who think i'm a nut but who cares it's fun to be crazy about games nowadays because we see so many current gen things be given that next gen overhaul now

Last edited:
I like BumperMan despite him posting from the mental home. :)

(I'll add you for a match later if thats ok mate?)

yo jflores, i havent got it yet, to much NCAA on tv and beer to drink, I will pick it up tommorow morning proabably in a hangover. tonight im going to my mates house to play some 2 v 2 WEJL Classico Patch(GREAT PATCH, another reason why evo is dear to my heart, the patches are awesome) and then watch Gtwon and the heels whoop it up!

Bet.

I will see if I can pick up a copy from my local Movie Rental store today. I'll post my impressions after countless of hours of playing time. I will give it a fair and lengthy rub in which I'll be looking at all the details to see if EA is really on to something here. I just hope I am not taken for a ride again.

By the way, GO GEORGETOWN!

(I have them going all the way in my pool ;-))

Last edited:
This game is absolutely amazing!!!
Especially in the visual section...

Just see St James Park in Sunny "mode" :lol:

( it's low quality photos but u get the point :mrgreen:
if anyone can find any real photos to compare with the stadiums in UCL , I am very curious to see how close they are to the real thing... )

And as u play u see that gameplay is also very very good. Realistic animations , controlled passing game ...

I think PES finally got an opponent :shock:

Wow! very nice. It's such a shame the net physics are so poor...

Also, I thought all the games in this version are at night only.

Just been back into town and swapped the ps2 version for the 360 one.

Better be good because thats my Saturday night out down the pan :mrgreen:

Wow! very nice. It's such a shame the net physics are so poor...

Also, I thought all the games in this version are at night only.
Yeah , nets are bad. And unrealistic :( ( at some shoots I made the ball stucks at the top of the nets )
But I hope they will fix it sooner or later...

All the stadiums have Sunny/Night and some of them also have Dusk :D ;)

Some more photos :

San Siro ( Dusk )

Old Trafford ( Sunny )

@paddyknight , Sunny in game photo ;)

Just played my first online game.

I went tottenham they went Juventus.

I won 2-0. Got hammerd in the second half. If it wasnt for Paul Robinson it would have been like 5-2.

Scored a cracked with Malbranque, the finese shot, if you catch ti right, looks and feels amazing!

Can anyone else confirm jack's d-pad awnser; that you can control/move your player instead of the analog.

If it gets confirmed ill get it tommorow, as apposed to the pes biased asslicking review sites the majority of people's impressions seem to confirm that what i found annoying gameplay wise in fifa07 has been, for the most part, rectified.

By movement i dont mean tactically, but the same as pes, that i move the (my) player with the d-pad instead of the analog?
Yes, you can... And you could in FIFA 07... If you go into the options you have four controller choices; analog classic, analog new, digital classic, digital new. The last two let you use the D-pad for movement. How do you not know this; I thought you had FIFA 07 on the 360?!

Just to keep everyone up to date on what I think about it, I've started a CL with a mate, him as Liverpool and me as Tottenham. The game just gets better and better, the little things are superb. So far I've lost two games, drew two games and won one.

Let me tell you, when I won that game, I was running all over the house in celebration; literally. Blows the satisfaction of PES out of the water in my book. The game is so hard on World Class, and when you score, it's wonderful.

Every PES fanboy is telling me it will get worse with time. It's really, really not; it's getting better. You have to work so hard.

Best 360 game yet in my opinion.

Yes, you can... And you could in FIFA 07... If you go into the options you have four controller choices; analog classic, analog new, digital classic, digital new. The last two let you use the D-pad for movement.

Surely not?! How the fuck would i have missed that?! :lol: Well ill give it a go tommorow in the shop as im not back home till sunday.

not sure if i REALLY like it yet...but the visuals are amazing, especially in terms of stadiums. they look soooo fucktastic good.

too bad most of the goalies still have ugly generic kits and the kits themself still look dodgy and overdone. but the playermodels improved from fifa 07. take a look at for example henry in replay, i think he looks spot on, body wise. faces still look a lot zombie-ish.

Surely not?! How the fuck would i have missed that?! :lol: Well ill give it a go tommorow in the shop as im not back home till sunday.
I swear to you mate; when I first played FIFA 07 I used the pad for a month or so. Unless they don't include the option in the US version for some reason...? But surely not...

Its so fucking hard to score on World Class.

Ive played two games of my CL campaign with Liverpool.

Drew 0-0 with Levski Sofia and Got beat 2-1 away to Monaco.

Oh and the Man Of The Match award system is wank too!

Apart from these gripes im loving it! :lol:

AND I just found out if you assign your captincy to differnt people, your chemistry will change accordingly.

Liverpools goes up 1 if you put JC as captain.

Last edited:
Arggg. Got knocked out again with Arsenal this time in the Last 16 against Roma. 0-0 at Olimpico and 1-1 at the Emirates. They slowed the pace of the game down really realistically so I couldnt build it up and go for another goal. In the last 5 minutes they were taking the ball to the corner. I've never been so aggrivated. This is on world class.

best one to guage what models look like is maybe crouchy....cos in the last one he was kinda tall but still really wide,....is he skinny now....?! and yeah henry looks good on demo :) barca kit looks abit washed out....any redder in game!? :D

Has anyone tried buying the different flavours of condom...bronze, gold and silver i think they were....
what have you found inside!? :)

can anyone confirm what the marseille player models look like? do Ribery, Nasri and Cisse look good? is the Veladrome on this game?

I still think a lot of the animations, the way players shoot and the goalie animations all look unnatural at times. Along with the shit nets. Which is strange because the animations in current-gen Fifa look great.

It really gets to me and I still think I prefer PES.

Back
Top Bottom