UEFA Champions League For 360! (March 20th)

jflores doesn't sleep with sheets on his bed, he sleeps in a net instead - he loves the way it looks when he jumps inside them.

I think I'm going to call jflores "Netto" from now on! :D

he is a net perv!

Ok, that's enough guys!!!

Only joking...seriously though, having been a striker for so long, and being the scoring machine that I am, one of my greatest satisfactions was to see the ball ripple elegantly through the net as I ripped it.

However, I am willing to overlook this if the game is worth it.

Maybe thats why its not as satisfying scoring goals in Fifa. Because it's like you scoring into a sticky cage. The ball sort of sticks to the net when you score.

Played this again after work. I get to finish at 4pm if I go in earlier and it's well worth it for a game on this!

Played as Man United V Arsenal. We were at home and Arsenal played in THIRD blue kit. Old Trafford looks AMAZING. I especially like the celebortary 50 years gold numbers/names on United's jerseys. Also, Larsson IS in the starting line-up.

Started really well, with a driven shot from Scholes which LEHMANN PARRIED ONTO THE POST and then it dribbled in. It looked fantastic.

Second half Arsenal came at me and marked Ronaldo/Giggs outta the game leaving the central players to do all the work. It didn't happen for me and Henry got an equaliser on 87 minutes. I begged Gamestation to sell it to me but alas, NO!

Can't wait till tomorrow!

Sod the nets, this game is class. I have been playing the demo most of the night, it just gets better every game, there is so much to learn with this game. I like the niggly fouls and my through balls don't get through everytime (I must be crap!).

Can't wait to play against Jack on this at the weekend! Noted, is it cool if I add you fella?

Come on Noted, put the pad down and give us some more impressions of the game, I'm dying here...

Havnt played it since I got knocked out the CL, Chris.. went to go see 300.. amazing film.

Anyway the games I played in the CL were very good and after getting knocked out with Valencia I've started a CL with the real groups (you can put the teams where you want) with Arsenal.

I'm starting to like it a bit more but I still think it's more boring than PES and the fact that its not very satisfying scoring goals really bugs me. Scoring goals doesn't really feel like you worked for them.

But the stadiums look incredible. Much sharper than Fifa 07. Play at the Allianz Arena and my god its amazing. I'm still trying to get into it more though. More later.

Well I know I've had more excitement out of the demo than I've had with PES6 in the last six months, so I should be alright. :)

I'm off to beddy-byes now in an attempt to make tomorrow come quicker. If I can't sleep, I'll sneak back on to see if you've made any more comments... ;)

Mate go away. You've posted it 3 times now. Do you think you are a god. Why not add to it instead of showing us the same thing 3 times.

All hail the review master Bumperman. I remember you started a pointless thread for PES6 too called "HEY EVERYONE BUMPERMAN HAS BOUGHT IT". I stand by my view that you are a pointless human being.

Last edited:
I will rent the PS2 and 360 version of this game to see which one is worth my money. That's one thing that Noted mention that really pushes me away from EA Fifa games, the fact that you just don't feel any satisfaction after scoring goals. That just kills it for me. I saw some movies for the PS2 version, and the gameplay looks a lot better on there. We shall see.

You are strange. Has anyone ever told you you're strange? Because you are.

Anyway...grow a sense of humor.

Ok so I wanted to wait a bit before I gave some more impressions.

i've been playing the CL tournament with some interesting results. first I'm playing with barca(hate it love it whatever)I've noticed every match play different. passes are strung togther differently some games i have great air balls wizzin by players other times i have some nice ground balls getting through. tackling is real nice in the game to, slide tackling if done right is very rewarding and has a "ah ha!" factor. shooting at goal is getting better. it 's just left up to the player to WANT TO make nice goals. i go down the pitch planning what kind of goal I'd like to score now just like in WE(although it's much tougher to pull off here)

Again the passing can be precise or all over the place just like in real life.

I'm getting a better sense of control with each match. i haven't scored the same goal twice either and i'm winning some games 4-2 so that's a good sign.

You are strange. Has anyone ever told you you're strange? Because you are.

This made me laugh!

I think Bumperman is a bit crazy to be honest. Who remembers his thread about changing ALL of the options in FIFA? It took him like a week with no sleep!

This made me laugh!

I think Bumperman is a bit crazy to be honest. Who remembers his thread about changing ALL of the options in FIFA? It took him like a week with no sleep!

And then he said, you know what, the default game is alright, then he went off it, he has no real review skill whatsoever, he likes a game, then he doesnt, end off. NBA Street anyone?

And then he said, you know what, the default game is alright, then he went off it, he has no real review skill whatsoever, he likes a game, then he doesnt, end off. NBA Street anyone?

Genius! :lmao:

Ok, that's enough guys!!!

Only joking...seriously though, having been a striker for so long, and being the scoring machine that I am, one of my greatest satisfactions was to see the ball ripple elegantly through the net as I ripped it.

However, I am willing to overlook this if the game is worth it.

Haha i scored goals but i was more satisfield with the ball actually going in than watching the net ripple

You have "net-syndrome" my friend which only 3 people in the world suffer from, my advice is to get some spray paint and paint some goals on a brick wall and then score goals and watch how the wall responds.

Last edited:
lol @ Coopz, I cant wait I hope this arrives today on my doormat ill be straight on it... well provided the missus lets me! that and the fact ive got to take my future father-in-law to pick up his PS3! :)

Dj

Anyone bought this yet!?? I cancelled my HMV order, was taking too long. Gonna get it from Tesco on way home from work, anyone know how much it is in there?

I will rent the PS2 and 360 version of this game to see which one is worth my money. That's one thing that Noted mention that really pushes me away from EA Fifa games, the fact that you just don't feel any satisfaction after scoring goals. That just kills it for me. I saw some movies for the PS2 version, and the gameplay looks a lot better on there. We shall see.

seriously mate the xbox 360 version makes ps2 version look like subbuteo

also i forgot to add iv'e got the game but my console hasn't been delivered yet.....talk about torture

Oh yes. Momma, get me a new pair of pants. I have the game.

I'll be editing this post soon with a quick review, so keep your eyes peeled. :)

EDIT: There's an update available for the game already!

EDIT 2: Okay, first impressions.

Don't read this bit if you don't want to get depressed.

The very first thing I noticed was the lack of game modes and offline multiplayer options (and this, you have to bear in mind, is what killed FIFA for me). You've got UEFA CL (which you can only play from the group stages, whereas you can play the qualification stages on current-gen). You can select more than one team, but you can't drag a controller across to the other team - meaning that if you wanted to go one team and have your human opponent try to knock you out with the opposition team, you can't (and that's how I've played PES for years). I realise why you can't, of course - because of Gamerpoints. It would be way too easy to get Gamerpoints for the cheats, who would just win everything in two minutes by plugging a second controller in and not doing anything with it. But it's still sad.

The only other offline multiplayer game modes are friendlies, and the lounge - which restricts you to using either one team (how boring), or using random teams (Chelsea v some Russian team I've never heard of - no thanks). So for playing with mates, as with FIFA 07, it's a big let-down.

Single-player modes are limited as well, with the CL (which will get boring when you've won it after a day), and the Ultimate Team mode, which, as has been said, is "gash". You get given a random set of players and you're expected to use "gameplay cards", meaning cards that slow your opposition down or make your players run like cheetahs. Which is exactly what a game with this gameplay engine doesn't need; stupid, fantasy cards mixed in with realism.

It gets a lot better now.

The actual gameplay though, which is what we all play the game for apparently (at least that's been the excuse with PES lacking modes and teams for years), is stunning, and I mean stunning. It's been tweaked again since the demo, as has been mentioned, and it's fabulous. The best football game I've ever played, bar none.

Something that they've tweaked further is the freeness of the players. There were a few times where a player I've selected would automatically take a step towards the ball before being fully under my control (look into my eyes, not around the eyes, look into the eyes). I've not noticed that so far in the full game, and the players are more responsive as a result.

Something else they've tweaked (possibly in today's update?) is the goalkeepers. Shots that the keeper pushed away before he now grabs hold of.

I've switched off auto-selecting players and put the passing assistance down to 1 (if you switch it off entirely, you have to manually power every pass, which results in giving the ball away while you're holding down the button). It is a different world to PES. Seabass and his legions of fans will probably never play the game, and that's exactly why PES7 will be another game of chess with robots and automatic everything.

I've started a CL and my first three games I've lost versus the computer. What's impressed me so far is this; in PES I would get SO FUCKING ANGRY that I could literally kill someone, because of the stiffness of the players, the piss-poor 1mph constantly-intercepted passes, and the rest of the cheats. In this game so far, I've been furious so many times - but why? Because I've not timed a tackle properly, and the learning curve is so frustrating. But at the same time, it's brilliant, because YOU HAVE TO WORK YOUR ARSE OFF. It's amazing how hard they make you work for it.

All the "you get no satisfaction when you score" guys... I can't help you, but when I scored an equaliser, I was fucking jumping.

The lack of licenses for teams like PSV honestly doesn't worry me too much, because they have done something that Konami haven't. They've made the badges instantly recognisable, and the kits are next-gen. They may not have a logo or a sponsor on, but I barely notice.

What a game. More later.

Last edited:
Im not a net perv, but..... (surely thats what all the net pervs say to seem normal, anyway)

I have to agree with the satisfaction part of scoring a goal between fifa and pes. Pes felt better because when you scored the net reacted properly, whereas in fifa its a steal cage. Even when you played a great attacking move and finished it of with a goal the lack of net movment does take away the satisfaction.

I agree with what jack said. Great game even better than the demo. Just got half an hour before work but oh yeah its so enjoyable. I went valencia and was playing hamburg at home. Went straight to world class with all the assitance off and I reaally had to work to keep the ball and the thru balls and sprinting are definately not easy on this level.

I managed to work some space on the wing and release jacquin(sp?) down the line i sent in a whipped cross (left trigger when crossing) and villa ran accross his man I timed the header perfect and bang 1-0 with ten left. As jack said I was absolutely delerious at getting that goal.

Absolutely great stuff. If anyone wants a game online irregularly then just add me.

Last edited:
Absolutely incredible. I don't know if the update has fixed a lot of issues, but I will say now that in six games I haven't had a referee give a stupid decision once.

This game is amazing. I just played PSV and didn't even get a shot at the goal - through the CPU marking my star men and my wingers when I started trying to get through-balls through all the time.

Gameplay-wise, I have literally no issues with this game. WOW.

Back
Top Bottom