UEFA Champions League For 360! (March 20th)

I'm afriad of not liking it after a week or so but I remember I liked Fifa 07 for months. I just went back to playing it again today and was enjoying it so UEFA should be great.

Mate, if you keep going back to FIFA then this will be GLUED into your 360! :)

Hmm... the demo played well enough for me to check out...
BUT - I want a solid list of teams that are in the game, is it just everyone who qualified for UEFA play?

All of the teams who qualified for the UEFA CL group stages, plus the full top-flight from each of the five countries included in FIFA 07 (England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain), plus a few others (e.g. Juventus).

JB why Juventus? they arent even in the Champions League and disgraced themselves so why have EA included them?

Dj

Ok I loved FIFA 07 at first but little niggly things started to put me off and I went back to PES for my footy fix but not again PES is getting sold for sure this time. At first I wasn't sure about this game but after getting back to grips with it I love this baby. They have fixed a lot of annoyances from 07 and if 08 goes the same way then we're in for a serious treat as it should be the complete package with teams etc.

Oh right but yet the havent licensed PSV? what about their hundreds of thousands of fans?

I Ordered this yesterday hoping it will arrive on Friday.

Dj

Without meaning to cause offence, I'm sure that Juventus have a bigger fanbase than PSV - plus the fact that they already have a license agreement with Juventus, and with licenses for the entire Dutch league being a nightmare because of legislation over there, I'm sure they tried to get their license but failed.

And, of course, the difference is that they didn't HAVE to include either team, but they included both. DJ, wouldn't you rather have as many teams as possible?

You got it yet Jack? My knob of a postman either hasn't come yet or isn't delivering anything :(

You got it yet Jack? My knob of a postman either hasn't come yet or isn't delivering anything :(
In your FACE MOFO!! :lol:

Haha, sorry, I hope it arrives soon for you. Then maybe we can get a few more impressions! ;)

The guy I'm going to get the game from won't be getting his delivery until after 12pm, so I'll be heading down there around 2pm-ish (just to make sure I'm not wasting my time, in-case the delivery guy is late).

I'm off down to the shops now for a totally unrelated reason though, so I'll be popping into GAME and Gamestation to see if they'll sell it early - but I've never, ever seen them do that. Still, worth an ask!

PSV are in the Champions League though! Juve aint!
DJ, I've just explained that it's near impossible to get Dutch licenses because of the way their licensing system works over there. So you should be grateful that they've put them in at all - and with Juve, they already had the license, so why not use it? I'll ask you again, would you not prefer more teams? What's the problem?

JB Gamestation Sold me FIFA 07 a couple of days early so you might be ok.

Dj

...Pissboxes. :(

I'm happy for you. No, seriously. Seriously, I am. No I'm not crying, don't be fucking stupid. Just play your game, I didn't really want it anyway. Yeah.

DJ, I'll tell Gamestation that they sold you FIFA 07 early, and if they don't let me have UEFA early then I might have to resort to burglary. Look out for me on "World's Stupidest Criminals - The Man Who Murdered For One Game".

Lol @ JB ok ill keep watching Sky One for it! Yep you tell Gamestation and im sure they will sell it to you :)

Dj

how the hell can some of you guys be playing this game so early? i know some of you are in the states but the rest?

cardiff lingering el diego how did you get a hold of this?

antred... use your imagination and think Modded Xbox 360.....

Gets Shot by an admin!! Dj

I didn't, I play it at lunchtimes and after work. There are THIRD kits! :)

Antred, if you pre-order from Gameplay, then some of the customers get it a day before the release date (they have to ship early to ensure you get the game by the release date, or else they could have a few thousand unhappy customers). Diego played it early because he went to a Gamestation store and played it there in a demonstration pod, pushing the kiddies away and playing a few full matches. And then there are the ones with "special" *cough* 360s...

Just playing my first match now Arsenal v Spurs but had to come on to tell you Jack that my first chance was... a header. Tottenham's first chance... a header :D :D

i did read somewhere that psv are licensed and they only showed some early unlicensed shots before - any confirmation?

Just playing my first match now Arsenal v Spurs but had to come on to tell you Jack that my first chance was... a header. Tottenham's first chance... a header :D :D
I love you.
area-xbox360.gif

Let the good times roll! I so hope this arrives on my doormat tomorrow when im off work! I shall play this to death!

Dj

It really is a massive improvement on 07. Another good thing I like is the quality difference between teams. You can really tell the difference between Galatasary and Real Madrid for example. The atmosphere id teh best I've ever heard in a footy game. And once you adjust to the speed it seems just right.

Right here we go

Played 2 matches so far. Arsenal v Spurs and Liverpool v Barcelon.

First match I won 3-1. The goals were a bit strange though. The first was scored inside the first 10 mins. I crossed it from the left with Clichy (after being allowed to run down the left unchallenged on Pro mode), Adebayor headered it low, Robinson saved, and Hleb SMASHED it in. It looked a little unnatural when all he had to do was tap it in. The second was Henry one on one with Robinson I did a finesse shot and Robinson just.. stood still.. didn't even move. Dodgy. Their goal was a R.Keane free kick. Then my third was an Henry tap in. I have to be honest I was a little underwhelmed after that game. Atmosphere and everything was alright though.

Second match my goal was even stranger. I took a shot, which Valdes saved and when flying into the air. Then it came down and Bellamy volleyed it in with the keeper standing still and the defenders doing nothing.. hmm. Their goals were a one on one with Ronaldinho who slotted it in the top corner. And a Messi header from a rebound.

The refs still seem whistle happy and blow for fouls which don't look like fouls but then don't blow for shocking slide tackles sometimes. The crowd seems a little muted when you score goals aswell. I want a real ROAR but it feels a little like an away team has scored when ur the home team.

Apart from the bad things, everything I liked about the demo is the same in the full version. I'll start a Champions League now on world class to see if its any harder.

Barcelona had most of there shots off target and over the bar for some reason even from close range.

Third kits are in for all the CL teams but not for teams liek Spurs etc.

Some new faces for players I noticed in Arsenal. Walcott, Eboue, Clichy, Adebayor.

Teams without licences are, Kyiv, CSKA Moscow, Bucharest, PSV, Shaktar Donetsk, Kobenhavn and Spartak Moscow. Bit unfortunate :(

The game modes are

Play Now
UEFA Champions League
Ultimate Team
UEFA Champions League Challege
The Lounge
My Uefa CL
Xbox Live

No way to do other tournaments or leagues.. bastards!

I'm a little underwhelmed so far but I hope my view improves as I play more.

Back
Top Bottom