UEFA Champions League For 360! (March 20th)

but i still can't get a player to head the ball at goal. my defenders head it clear out of their own area all the time but whenever i loft in a cross they always chest it down first. perhaps my technique is lacking. anyone got any tips for heading at goal? no doubt i'm still carrying years of patterning from pro evo!! :)
The best tip I can give you is to experiment with the timing of your button-press. Don't press the head button until the ball is within a few feet, rather than as soon as you've done the cross. The later you can leave it then the better the header, I've found.

dont worry too much about the commentary glitch, its minor and doesn't happen too often, only every few games. clive sometimes says something like "charlton athletic have the ball now and need to score" when its clearly celtic. not a deal breaker by any means.
Well if I was playing as Liverpool and every three games the commentator said that "Lyon are on the attack", it would really grate. That really is a daft mistake.

its strange that EA prides themselves on authenticity and licenses yet year after year fifa has goal keepers with fake kits. not to mention the refs have bland generic kits as well.
There's a few licenses that they don't actually have (shock horror!!) - they've revealed in their development blog recently that they don't have the license for correct lettering and numbering on the back of the shirts (which most of the graphics whores who pop into this thread say is the worst thing about FIFA's graphics), so perhaps the same applies somehow to the GK kits and/or ref kits. Who knows...

All I know is that I need the game. :(

i see that the reviews for this game have been decidedly average yet again. are people just not getting what EA are trying to do here? or are konami paying everyone off? :) for me this game is so far ahead of pes 6 its not even funny and that game got rave reviews all around. sheep.

Its because reviwers/magazines see pes as the 'indie music' for consoles. Its cool to like it so they bum it up.

Its like nme, they keep plugging away saying the horrors are great when they are absolutely gash and yet they give cooper temple clause new album 3/10! They bum up what they think is cool ignoring actual fact.

Also they dont play games for nearly long enough.

I popped into Gamestation after work yesterday and they had the full-game running on a HD-TV. I played a couple of matches on my own against the CPU.

THIS GAME IS AWESOME. First impressions and everything feels RIGHT which I have never witnessed in an EA football game before. I played one match as Man Utd V Liverpool (lost 2-1) and one game as AC Milan V Inter (also lost 1-0). Both were exciting matches and completely different. Crowd chants are INCREDIBLE! I know there is no structure to this post as I am so excited. The guy who worked in the store said kids were being wowed by it all day. He also said that he had played it most of the morning and reckons it is MASSIVELY improved on FIFA 07.

Roll on Friday . . .

I hope it's better than the PC version, because this looks like FIFA07 graphics wise and guess what, it's SHOCKING, I played FIFA07 on the xbox 360 but the fouling got on my tits and I couldn't be arsed with it, I might try the demo on this though but I wouldn't get the PC version.

Mate I don't even like FIFA07 but love this. Trust me, it's much improved.

I allways give EA a fair crack at the whip and buy there games.

But usually I end up taking them back, due to glitches I notice, or that none of my mates will play it "because its not pro evo".

So Im really hoping this is the game to sway it for me.

I too feel that Pro Evo is very robotic, and unresponsive.

Compared to the new incarnations of fifa.

So roll on Friday, and hopefully I wont be taking it back Monday.

well jack i can tell u that today i bought the game, ive played a champions league with barcelona, im quite impressed so far, the key for me is if i am playing it in two weeks time, the crossing is much better than fifa games usually are, passing is good, shooting is not bad, not really a review, just updating on how im going with it, so far so good

I am soo looking forward to this game! so come on lads hands up who is getting this on Friday and who is up for playing a quick tourney perhaps? Similar to the FIFA 07 League that we did maybe?

Dj (his hand is up, he MUST get this game!)

What is FIFA 07's default cam? The tele cam on this seems a little too far whilst the action cam seems to close.

Could someone direct me to the reviews? Havent seen any on the game sites i visit.

But in tweaking the heading, you've just confirmed that this will be the second time in a row that EA has released a demo of FIFA/UEFA and then tweaked it even further before final release. Again, even if you dislike the game, you can't say that EA aren't working their bollocks off with their football games now. Konami don't do that; once the demo is out then that's your lot, what you see is what you get.

To be fair to konami though jack, they didnt release the demo till a couple of months after the actual game was released ;)

Playing more i think the shooting is a bit too good in CL, i went back too Fifa and i couldnt hit a barn door with a banjo but in CL im scoring regularly

whats worrying as well is how slow CL is, ill get used to it but like someone said it feels less free becuase of the slow turns.

I think i may prefer Fifa atm but ill get CL on today and give it a good session with my mates to see if i can get used to it.

PS: JB, People would respond, but they would respond by throwing bricks at your car ;)

Its out in Game in Crawley
Just rang around five of my local game stores (including Game) and all of them have said tomorrow or Friday. :(

I've got an order with ShopTo and with all of my previous orders they've shipped at least one day early, so hopefully I'll have it tomorrow. Actually, as I've said before, if it's not here tomorrow I'll go and buy it locally and then send it back. I NEED it tomorrow.

Hopefully I get an email at some point today saying its shipped. Theyve already taken the money out the bastards! If its not here 2morro I will be largely pissed off and take my anger out on Jack if he gets it.

Just try it, weird Tetris cat.

stewiegriffin.png

Last edited:
DJ DOC said something about an online league earlier? Could we do one for a Friday night?

i got funny feeling this heading only happens on lower skill levels....my post last night was about my witnessing CPU players doing headers from crosses on SEMI PRO level....i get the feelin that on PRO or WORLD CLASS level, the defenders always seem to get to the ball first.

Ah well, as least heading actually happens now!!

Again, this is quite litrally the free'est and most realistic incarnation of the beatiful game ever produced...and as someone said on here a few posts ago, the organic nature of the way players come onto the ball, and the differing runs they do each time, the way the ball acts SO realistically, makes it immense.

This brings me onto Tennis.

Why oh why, now we have VT3 and TS2, do tennis games NEVER have a slight aftertouch on the ball for non-serve shots? Ok, u can do (cpu too) swerving kind of special shots in TS2 if u get a high thingy bob built up at certain times (cant think of words to dexcribe the thingy bob but u get the drift)....i mean we have snooker and cricket and football games now with realistic ball mvoement (ie its rare that a ball in mid air ever travels perfectly straight) and yet VT3 has let me down with its STRAIGHT F**KING shots every time.....even the serves dont seem to bend as they should!!!

dammit

Dazza

what i mean is that in real life a ball could pass over the sideline in tennis and swerve back into the court and not be out, or could swerve away with slice shots, the only tennis games that have this are non serious tennis games like Mario Tennis....

yes i know, wrong thread but for me this is on the same lines as critism we have of footy games, even though obviosuly PES and FIFA have for ages now had more aftertouch in the passing and shooting than i could ever wish for.

Its not even aftertouch really, its more the fact that a ball as i just said, to have realsitic movement, needs to have top, back AND sidespin on it in every sports game as i think this visually gives it more depth.

I will go and lie down now!!

dazzA

LOL. Well checked gameplay and it says its being shipped today and its "being picked". Woo :D
Bastard, ShopTo still haven't said that about mine. Still, like I say, I'll be getting it tomorrow anyway. By any means necessary.

DJ DOC said something about an online league earlier? Could we do one for a Friday night?
Bear in mind Diego that there isn't an online league mode (unless the lounge mode has now been done up for online - which I doubt) and so you would have to get results via word of mouth and figure out the stats yourself. We've tried it before with FIFA 07 and you just get a load of excuses and dropouts within five minutes...

I'll be online from Thursday to Sunday and I'll have as many games as possible with everyone from here, but I doubt there will be any kind of "league" going...

i got funny feeling this heading only happens on lower skill levels....my post last night was about my witnessing CPU players doing headers from crosses on SEMI PRO level....i get the feelin that on PRO or WORLD CLASS level, the defenders always seem to get to the ball first.
I think you will see headers, it's not like they're taken out of the game, it's just that they will be more rare on the higher levels. It's better that defenders will block you/them from getting a header in realistic situations. At least it's better than before. Cheers for the updates, by the way!

i did see the cpu header at goal in the demo so i was glad that is fixed.

I've restarted a serie a league in pes and im really enjoying it, so not sure what to do. Weird things happen when you switch from footy game to footy game due to speeds technique etc.

Dunno whether to trade in now as the demo didnt really impress me much.

I tried playing PES6 again last night:

Unresponsive, SLOOOOOOOOOW, felt unrealistic, sick of the dodgy graphics and SHITE presentation. Played UEFA afterwards, breath of fresh air.

what is the CPU attacking like? do the CPU teams feel different from each other. I have never played FIFA 07 on 360 so sorry if it sounds like a silly question.

i did see the cpu header at goal in the demo so i was glad that is fixed.

I've restarted a serie a league in pes and im really enjoying it, so not sure what to do. Weird things happen when you switch from footy game to footy game due to speeds technique etc.

Dunno whether to trade in now as the demo didnt really impress me much.
In truth, if you're enjoying PES then you should probably stick with that. If you're having fun then you can't really put a price on that. But you could always rent UEFA, as it has been tweaked since the demo - that way you can give it a good going over, only pay a couple of quid and give it back if you think it's crap! :lol:

I tried playing PES6 again last night:

Unresponsive, SLOOOOOOOOOW, felt unrealistic, sick of the dodgy graphics and SHITE presentation. Played UEFA afterwards, breath of fresh air.
I've said that all along; if you give FIFA/UEFA a chance and you understand what it's trying to do, then going back to PES is like going back in time. Bear in mind that PES is an eight-year-old game at it's core.

what is the CPU attacking like? do the CPU teams feel different from each other. I have never played FIFA 07 on 360 so sorry if it sounds like a silly question.
Different teams have different styles; they know where their strengths are, so some will pass it around non-stop, some will pump it to the wings all the time (if they've got someone like Cristiano Ronaldo then you're going to concede at least one goal, basically), and I've seen the crap teams revert to just booting the ball forward in the hope of getting a goal when it gets late in the game. What I also like is you find some of the lower-placed teams can get quite aggressive with you when they need the win.

Is it me or have they fixed the shorts. They dont look like basketball shorts anymore.
Yeah, I noticed that as well. :)

Its because reviwers/magazines see pes as the 'indie music' for consoles. Its cool to like it so they bum it up.

Its like nme, they keep plugging away saying the horrors are great when they are absolutely gash and yet they give cooper temple clause new album 3/10! They bum up what they think is cool ignoring actual fact.

Also they dont play games for nearly long enough.

Spot on. Reviewers are too scared to slate PES

El Diego, if we can get some Committed people then I have no problem organising such a tournament. We could have our own Champions League however teams could be drawn at random to make it fair?

@JB there were personal reasons as to why I left the old FIFA 07 league and also why I left Evo Web at that time.... Thankfully this has all blown over and I also have more time on my hands to particpate in online gaming.

Dj

Back
Top Bottom