UEFA Champions League For 360! (March 20th)

Antred is pathetic El Diego, wouldnt worry about him I told him what I thought of him in the Man United thread. Anywayz back on topic I think I remember Coopz saying his 360's DVD Drive was Flashed with the modded firmware so I can now understand it....

Lets move past this so this thread doesnt get closed for talking about dodgy versions etc...

Dj

Come on lads, let's have no flaming here, it's good to see a few PES fans coming in and saying more than "it's shit lol". In fairness to Antred, he just said "go and play UEFA CL", which isn't exactly pulling the game to a million pieces. And at least when he posts in here he is constructive with his criticism.

Coopz is too busy playing it to keep us up-to-date I think! :D I wouldn't mind knowing about the single-player career mode options.

you can play the real CL, not sure how to pick the proper groups though. all i can see is randomise all meaning mix up the whole groups or randomise with seeding, which obviously dosnt put the same seeds in the same groups. Having said that i have a shocking group here. Hamburg, Celtic, Bucharest and Shaktar Donesk and another is Arsenal, Barca, Inter and PSV

To play the ultimate team thingy you need a mode called golden ticket. i cant get in that yet because i aint got a "golden ticket"

How many single-player game modes are there, just "Champions League"? Are there any national teams included?

in settings you can choose friendly or CL group stage but i have just choose the latter and it aint done diddly squat that i can see

ill try online now

i have just seen the shittest option ever in online mode

Game speed = Slow, Medium or Fast

and to confirm it looks as though you can have 4 players on a team online

ill let you know for certain later when my mates bring another pad down

All that sounds excellent; more single-player options than in FIFA, and there's an "Ultimate League" as well - fantastic stuff. That online "game speed" option is ridiculous, though - looks like I'll be hosting all of the matches I play, I'm not playing a "fast" match.

Cheers for the update Coopz, much appreciated!! :thumbup:

I played the demo, the passing seems alot more crisper then 07. I could quickly hit around to my team mates. The graphics arent as bright either, they look really good. But again two things i have problems with fifa compared to evo. The individual players do not seem better then other players, i.e. i think i could put Puyol up front and he would score as many goals as eto. In evo that doesnt happen, again there is more depth in evo. The second thing that bothers me, is the clunkiness of the players turns, they it just doesnt seem natural or smooth. Again guys i play both fifa and pro evo, so im not saying it sucks, i just wish the two companies could get together and make one great game. Im siding with jack in the fact that both games have flaws and neither is perfect. I think i prefer fifa for online and pro evo for multiplayer with friends. Neither for single player vs cpu. I hope the 2k sports team does a football game, i just got ncaa college hoops and the physics and graphics and gameplay are simply superb.

All that sounds excellent; more single-player options than in FIFA, and there's an "Ultimate League" as well - fantastic stuff. That online "game speed" option is ridiculous, though - looks like I'll be hosting all of the matches I play, I'm not playing a "fast" match.

Cheers for the update Coopz, much appreciated!! :thumbup:

jack, if i buy this today will you finally play me in a match?

ultimate team seems like Master league, you start with a shit team and build upon it, but there dosnt seem to be any format to it. i cant see any league tables or anything

but its more management becuase you have managers, coaches and physios

you can get well lets say "cheat cards" becuase they allow you to do weird stuff, like faster players for 45 mins or leiniest ref for 20 ect which is shit to me :)

you can unlock stadiums, boots and balls

lastly you can sell/trade your cards online

jack, if i buy this today will you finally play me in a match?
Hahaha, well seeing as it's not out over here until Friday you'd have to wait a few days - but yeah, sure, why not. ;)

Coopz, you're not forced to use those shitty cards outside of the "Ultimate" modes, are you?

YES! So you can play the game with your normal team? thats pretty good, might well trade some games and get this on Friday.

Dj

ive only just realised they have taken the arena where you practice out of it and where the fuck have all the stats gone???

there where loads for each players in Fifa and this has 6 stats for each player and no traits

Last edited:
So I was right to assume you can do 4 vs 4 online :) thats pretty decent then.

Dj

ive only just realised they have taken the arena where you practice out of it
I suspected they'd done that after watching a few videos. That's a shame, I liked the arena mode. It was the perfect place to show my mates how you could pinpoint anything you wanted to and then go and stick PES on so that they could see how little control Konami gives you.

Great news that the cards aren't forced on you though. God, I hope ShopTo get my order in the post today, and then I'll be playing it tomorrow...

MrCoopz said:
where the fuck have all the stats gone???

there where loads for each players in Fifa and this has 6 stats for each player and no traits
:| DODGY! Either they're hiding all the stats now, or they're putting in less for each player so that they can have more teams and players in (involving less work) in FIFA 08... Or you're looking in the wrong place. ;)

Last edited:
i cant believe it, they have taken them out. In create a player all you can choose is speed, shooting, passing, dribbling, tackling and heading.

what a load of shit that was brilliant in Fifa

To be fair to the guy, I don't think his age matters. He's just doing what I'm sure the guys who can't deal with the freeness of the game will do and end up going back to the robotic play of PES (I'll be interested to see, without wishing to cause offence here, if El Diego and Noted will be playing it after a week, as PES proved too big a pull for them and other members here when PES6 was released - seriously, don't take offence at that guys, you can play whatever the hell you want, but I'm genuinely interested to see if you stick with it this time, as that will be a sign for me that the game has changed a lot). And it is odd that the reviewers have "ganged up" on FIFA - but saying that, some of the marks PES has been getting have been quite suspect. I wouldn't mind betting the bribes Konami have been offering the reviewers have been bigger than EA's. They can't outbid EA for the licenses so maybe they're saving up their cash and giving it to the big review sites instead. They've pointed out PES's faults and then given the game a high mark; they've pointed out FIFA's positives and then given it a fucking awful rating.

But still, the guy is entitled to his opinion.

YOU hit the nail on the head my friend. i am very upset that the "freeness" of the game has now been taken away completely. In PES you can shoot and have a good time too and then UP the difficulty and play more strategically. BUT in fifa 07 and now much more so in UEFA the feel of the game is very much clausterphobic and to me un fun.

What?! I have to defend myself now over a shit game all the time whataver tons of others give their views.

I'll see what the final version plays like before I make FINAL judgements but my intial reaCTION TO THE DEMO MIRRORS WHAT ign uk SAID

Last edited:
I like how you can choose the match type in friendlies like in Fifa world cup. So we can do CL final when unlocked. There was no arena in Fifa WC too so it must be made by the same guys. Does that mean the gameplay has been improved from Fifa WC or Fifa 07..?

Last edited:
YOU hit the nail on the head my friend. i am very upset that the "freeness" of the game has now been taken away completely. In PES you can shoot and have a good time too and then UP the difficulty and play more strategically. BUT in fifa 07 and now much more so in UEFA the feel of the game is very much clausterphobic and to me un fun.

What?! I have to defend myself now over a shit game all the time whataver tons of others give their views.

I'll see what the final version plays like before I make FINAL judgements but my intial reaCTION TO THE DEMO MIRRORS WHAT ign uk SAID
Erm, I wasn't saying that the freeness of the game had been taken away, I was saying that the game is now even more free. It seems like you've only skim-read what I wrote! But my point was that everyone is entitled to their opinion. I can't understand how you liked FIFA 07 and you don't love UEFA CL, but that doesn't mean I'm right and you're wrong.

There was no arena in Fifa WC too so it must be made by the same guys.
I think you're jumping to a conclusion there! FIFA WC was a typical FIFA, FIFA 07 was another world. I doubt they suddenly changed the team; besides, there's a few guys who have given video interviews about UEFA CL who were on the FIFA 07 team. The project leader on FIFA 07 was different to the leader of FIFA WC - very passionate about his work as well (I forget his name, he was a French guy, there's a few videos of him doing a FIFA 07 presentation on YouTube).

Just out of interest, what do you mean about being able to "choose the match type in friendlies"? Do you mean you can choose extra time, penalties etc...?

Last edited:
No Jack I mean like on Fifa World Cup. When you start a Friendly match, in the settings you can choose what "type" of match it is. For example like Coopz said, the only ones available at the beginning are Friendly and Group Match. As you progress in the CL I suppose, Quarter Final, Semi Final and Final are unlocked. So it means when unlocked, you can play a CL final whebever you want, like you could play a World Cup final in the Fifa WC friendly mode.

Coopz, are there third kits? From the screens it looks as if there are.. Barca's luminous yellow, Valencia's orange etc

I remember reading somewhere that this game is developed by the same team that made the World Cup game, but this one is built on the new engine (obviously). The team that made FIFA07 is working on FIFA08 and hasn't been working on the CL game

I remember reading somewhere that this game is developed by the same team that made the World Cup game, but this one is built on the new engine (obviously). The team that made FIFA07 is working on FIFA08 and hasn't been working on the CL game
Really? Any idea where you've read that? I know there's still (at least) one or two guys who worked on FIFA 07 working on UEFA CL because I recognise their names, but I've not read that the WC team was working on UEFA anywhere before. If that's true... FIFA 08 could be fantastic (if they've been working on it for this long)!

I'm not sure, I read it somewhere around the time the game was announced. It might have been a post by an EA mod on the official forum or something, but I can't really remember. I know for a fact they mentioned it somewhere though

Someone who has both games should be able to check the credits to confirm

I liked Fifa 07 but only after heavy heavy play

Thought it was a bit fast though

The demo is just a BAD demo. no options to choose from no camera settings(i hate that camera it's too far away)and it felt like the opposing team always stole the ball(again don't like that)

You have to realize I am not adjusting well to the defensive style of play. i like the freedom from being able to run down the ball and shoot HOWEVER not in cheap way but in a artful skillful way i just think that the new fifa engine is very hard to have free flowing its very herky jerky and not spread out wide enough defenders are RIGHT THERE when you get the ball it's just not realistic

I liked Fifa 07 but only after heavy heavy play

Thought it was a bit fast though

The demo is just a BAD demo. no options to choose from no camera settings(i hate that camera it's too far away)and it felt like the opposing team always stole the ball(again don't like that)

You have to realize I am not adjusting well to the defensive style of play. i like the freedom from being able to run down the ball and shoot HOWEVER not in cheap way but in a artful skillful way i just think that the new fifa engine is very hard to have free flowing its very herky jerky and not spread out wide enough defenders are RIGHT THERE when you get the ball it's just not realistic

So you expect to have miles of space to run when you get the ball. Thats not realism mate. The way you descirbe everything seems like you don't really understand how football is played. Have you ever watched a match? Or played the game yourself? Defenders in real life will always close down the attackers. Do you just expect the game to be easy? I rarely understand what you're saying but when I do it sounds like shit. You thought Fifa 07 was too fast but now you don't like CL because its slower and more "herky jerky" whatever that means.

Back
Top Bottom