UEFA Champions League For 360! (March 20th)

Why keep going on about the freedom of passing just because you can turn the passing assistance off in fifa?

You've been able to do that in pes for ages with manual passing.

Plus it's alot easier as you just push the right analog stick in the direction you want and you get a power guage, and you can put the ball wherever you want depending on how much skill you have at using it. Manual crossing in pes gives you so much more accuracy also. Plus, in pes, they actually head the ball when it's in the air. Also if your one of those players who tends to sky it in 1-on-1's and from six yards out on pes6 just use manual pass to slide it low past the keeper.

So for me when I have the passing assistance off in pes it feels a lot better then fifa.

I've played the demo and fifa 07 and while it has improved it still feels like the same lifeless, uninspiring shit to me.

It's the same old story Fifa wins on presentation, PES wins on gameplay.

Obviously this is just my opinion......play whatever excites you at the end of the day. :)

Never liked the manual passing on pro just becuase you get a power bar when passing, now thats not right. Im gonna get tackled while im waiting for power

but like you say each to there own, im just glad theres more than 1 footy game out

Last edited:
Played this ALL weekend! It just seems to get better for me. I TRULY can't wait now. 4 days and counting! Wooooooop.

The crossing still doesnt seem to work very well. other than that I like it. good improvements from fifa 07. It feels more polished than its predecessor.
Dj

I have found the PES manual passing was tricky and hard to get a handle on. Pushing the analogue sticks felt awkward and while it provided the same 'freeness' that FIFA's manual passing does, FIFA's is simply integrated in a way that makes the transition simple and easy, as if you were playing yourself and measuring passes to perfection.

6.0 from IGN UK!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 in the gameplay department!!!!!!!!

:applause: Beautifulk EA Just beautiful Kudos to your brilliant wonderful team there at EACanada!:applause:

Buncha frauds if you ask me. I ain't spending money on this

6.0?

Gameplay un responsive?

Listen this stuff is either going to go into the "live with it" category or "stop buying it so that they get the point" category.

you really have sunk to new lows bumperman I no longer have any respect for you.

?

But why?

A 6.0 is pretty low. And from what i played of the demo the game is not any better than fifa 07.

You HAVE to use the cards...ahhh no EA NO!

Why is the amateur difficulty NOT amateur! Because of poor unresponsive gameplay and drastic rubberband AI that has no baring whatsoever on what level you play at.

I say alot on this forum and have had rubberband responses as well, but ultimately still feel that

FIFA 07 for the gamecube and Xbox are the best football games done in the past 2 years.

While Fifa 07 for the Xbox really needed to see UEFA be better to justify what they did and didn't do in Fifa 07 for the 360.

Fifa 08 is looking bad and so is madden and nba live

you are just trolling mate. you can see that people on here have their own opinions and generally find it better than 07. why labour the point, fifa is improving and imo and of others its a great game.

To be fair to the guy, I don't think his age matters. He's just doing what I'm sure the guys who can't deal with the freeness of the game will do and end up going back to the robotic play of PES (I'll be interested to see, without wishing to cause offence here, if El Diego and Noted will be playing it after a week, as PES proved too big a pull for them and other members here when PES6 was released - seriously, don't take offence at that guys, you can play whatever the hell you want, but I'm genuinely interested to see if you stick with it this time, as that will be a sign for me that the game has changed a lot). And it is odd that the reviewers have "ganged up" on FIFA - but saying that, some of the marks PES has been getting have been quite suspect. I wouldn't mind betting the bribes Konami have been offering the reviewers have been bigger than EA's. They can't outbid EA for the licenses so maybe they're saving up their cash and giving it to the big review sites instead. They've pointed out PES's faults and then given the game a high mark; they've pointed out FIFA's positives and then given it a fucking awful rating.

But still, the guy is entitled to his opinion.

Last edited:
The age question isn't about his view on Fifa it's just I stuggle to understand his posts sometimes. And english is his first language is it not?

I take it this thread title isnt correct? 20th March? I thought it was coming out Friday coinciding with the PS3 launch?

Dj

Apparently it has been released on the internet for the bad people to download it!

Should start seeing a lot of views on the game over these next few days!

Could mean Four a-side? That would be fab! We could have an Evo Web Four a-side league :)

Dj

the asian version is out now on play-asia for £23. it is not region free though. I still not sure if i should buy it..

this game is awesome

just playing a challenge match where Arsenal have win beat wigan on the last day of the season to make the CL but there 2-1 down with 35 gone :)

i have just scored 2 great goals one was a through ball and a side foot finesse finesse finish with henry, the other was and over the top ball one bounce and half volley from 10 yards. Both look sweet

the passing is brilliant, the shooting seems different from Fifa 07 but better, the tackling is very very much improved. The graphics are alot better the Fifa 07, the sound is better

Overall the game is alot better

Last edited:
this game is awesome

just playing a challenge match where Arsenal have win beat wigan on the last day of the season to make the CL but there 2-1 down with 35 gone :)

i have just scored 2 great goals one was a through ball and a side foot finesse finesse finish with henry, the other was and over the top ball one bounce and half volley from 10 yards. Both look sweet

the passing is brilliant, the shooting seems different from Fifa 07 but better, the tackling is very very much improved. The graphics are alot better the Fifa 07, the sound is better

Overall the game is alot better
I take it your playing the PC version and not the 360 version?

Dj

Coopz do we have to play ultimate team for a CL with random players or can we play a real CL tournament? What about leagues can we play those?

sounds ok so far, some more opinions would be good, is it true what the review says that the AI is not that good and it becomes a one man show with the computer dribbling your whole team? cheers

I take it your playing the PC version and not the 360 version?
He has done something rather naughty to his 360, and the game was "released" over the internet today, so... No, I can confirm he's playing the 360 version.

He has done something rather naughty to his 360, and the game was "released" over the internet today, so... No, I can confirm he's playing the 360 version.

What does the game being released on the internet have to do with him doing something "naughty" to his 360....... :shock:

(I realise you're joking but for the benefit of DJ and others) Put it like this, if you downloaded it and tried to play it in your 360, it wouldn't work, but it does on his - so either it's magic, or it's something else.

I'm not saying it's evil or saying that it's brilliant, I'm just saying it so that people can understand how he's got it so early and don't think he's talking about the PC/PS2 version, as DJ said.

Antred is making fun of me in 'The Liverpool Thread' for loving this demo. He is so mature. Boohoo.

Back
Top Bottom