UEFA Champions League For 360! (March 20th)

Personally, I'm actually quite glad that IGN have gone and slated UEFA. They might be talking a load of shit, but if EA take notice of reviews, then hopefully it will mean they take the gameplay even further with FIFA 08, rather than concentrate on adding twenty more stadia or unlockable black goalposts. It's just a shame that so many people will read it and think "same old FIFA" (like a few of the sheep who wander into this thread by accident and think "I know, let's slag it off to piss all these idiots off"). But hey, as long as I enjoy it, I don't give a stuff what anybody else thinks. Just as long as they keep concentrating on the gameplay. Some of the touches in UEFA (as mentioned by myself and Kevano above) are just brilliant.

Cowden; that gameplay video looks AMAZING. LOOK AT THE PASSING!!

For anyone wanting to view the video, HERE is a direct link. I highly recommend watching this, and then watching a PES replay. If you still say PES is more realistic, then seriously, go outside and kick a ball for half an hour. Then come back inside and repeat.

And for the people who think "EA don't give a fuck about the gameplay"; this video features the gameplay producer who, when talking about the changes he's added to the game, said "we have slowed the players down, which in turn speeds up the gameplay - why? Because as you know, the ball moves faster than the man." In an interview with PLATINI (one of the world's finest players) in this month's FourFourTwo, what does he say to the interviewer? "My dad was the first to teach me that it didn't matter how fast I was, because the ball moves faster than the man."

They have employed passionate, talented people. They should all be really proud of themselves.

EDIT: I can't stop watching that video, the passing is unbelievable, seriously incredible. That is just... Breathtaking. And the way that the friction of the ground makes the ball react... Oh man. This is exciting stuff.

Last edited:
woah

Official Xbox Magazine, 7 out of 10, 70.0%
360 Gamer Magazine UK, 6 out of 10, 60.0%

off topic how can i create a league or tournie in Fifa 07 for me and my mates?

You can't, there's very few game modes in FIFA 07. You can use the "lounge", which is the multiplayer feature, but it means using the same team forever in a strange system (and I don't know if you can have more than one player on a team doing that anyway, if that's how you play).

Nice vid Jack! I just watched the vid through my 360, first time I have done it! Anyone else been straming videos through their 360?

Yeah, I use TVersity. Seems to do the lot. Shame that I have to change the resolution on the 360 to get the best out of some of the lower-res videos though, bit of a pain in the arse.

Just ignore it Diego, there's so many people who just look at the screenshots (or play the demo for two seconds) and then post in the FIFA threads to be "hard". There's some people you just won't get through to. It doesn't matter.

Fuck them, I am enjoying one of the best football games ever.

A few things I have noticed:

* Crossing. I have got used to it. The crosses you whip-in from the wings look so realistic.

* Passing. My word it just feels RIGHT. The pace, everything. Try holding the pass button for firmer, quicker passes.

* Through-balls. Wow, I love them and the CPU cuts them out many times and this is on easy mode? Through-ball in the air is amazing!

Can someone find me the game modes that will feature in the full game? Thanks.

I'm still not a fan of the goalie animations. That one that annoys me the most is where they jump up in the air and looks like it should onyl be used if they're getting lobbed but they seem to do it quite a lot.
I've noticed that a few times myself but it doesn't bug me, as it is feasible that you'd do that in real life (at least it's not like in PES where the guy will dive on the floor to save a ball going slower than your granny).

* Through-balls. Wow, I love them and the CPU cuts them out many times and this is on easy mode?
:| Must say I disagree with you there, every through-ball I do seems to make it!

Can someone find me the game modes that will feature in the full game? Thanks.

rangers arent in the champions league thats why they aint in it.

Its the groups stages teams + all the teams from the leagues in Fifa 07.

well then thats shit. the teams should be in for the competition as a whole not just group stages. many teams where in the qualifying like hearts. If your gonna brag about the tournament at least cover every angle.

How could they have possibly done high-definition data for thousands of teams in time for release? They're not prepared to make teams with generic faces and kits; they want everything to look perfect. Do you blame them? Look at the people in this thread going "it's crap that the unlicensed teams will look so basic". If they did 50 teams like that, people would be fuming, so it's better to hold back on them and save themselves the death threats.

It's the same reason the lower-league teams are missing from FIFA on next-gen, it would take them a fucking AGE to do the amount of research to get the body types right, to create all of the high-definition faces (that's a 3D model AND a skin) and to create all of the high-definition kits as well.

It takes an age to do a model of a face. If they had to do that 22 times over for 50 teams (that the majority of players won't be too worried about), then that would mean a thousand faces would have to be made, and it would take a year to do that. If they included an extra 100 teams, it would be two thousand faces, which would take even longer. So far, we're nowhere near a thousand teams, and there's two thousand faces to make, EXCLUDING the kits they would have to make and the research they would have to undertake. You're expecting way too much.

Last edited:
antred, there were thousands of teams in the CL qualifying stages. I doubt they would include them if they were going to make Rangers but not temas like Rapid VIenna.

funny thing is, ign criticises the game but points out quite alot of good things, then gives it a shit mark. with pes on the 360 it criticised it and still gave it a good mark. blindness i spose.
but just so you know, before you say, fucking yanks what do they know about soccer, that review is written by ign uk.
im interested to know if you get classic players in the classic matches, e.g the man u bayern final. im pretty sure you wont which ll be disappointing but itd be awesome if you did.

Surely you do, would be a bit daft otherwise...?!

Actually, I didn't think about that before. But surely, if they're putting a past-matches mode in, they have to make past-teams, otherwise they might as well not have put the mode in! And thinking about it, it's not like they'd have to do the models for thousands of players, as they're only including a few past-matches. So really and truly, they should be the actual past teams!

EDIT (after reading above post): Really?! Well that's a bit daft of EA!!

EDIT 2: I've just read the IGN review and it mentions an incorrect line-up in one match, and then an incorrect stadium for another (which is a stupid fucking comment by the way - as if EA are going to commit their graphics department to make a next-gen version of a stadium that doesn't even exist any more and take them away from making the teams that are in the tournament here and now, fucking morons. IGN needs some sensible reviewers who don't have Antred's rose-tinted glasses on - no offence - and expect EA's teams to include every team and stadium in the world, and do five years' work in six months). So maybe you do get classic teams, but some of them have incorrect lineups... Maybe. Thanks to the stupid fucking reviewer, we won't know for sure until next week.

Last edited:
How could they have possibly done high-definition data for thousands of teams in time for release? They're not prepared to make teams with generic faces and kits; they want everything to look perfect. Do you blame them? Look at the people in this thread going "it's crap that the unlicensed teams will look so basic". If they did 50 teams like that, people would be fuming, so it's better to hold back on them and save themselves the death threats.

It's the same reason the lower-league teams are missing from FIFA on next-gen, it would take them a fucking AGE to do the amount of research to get the body types right, to create all of the high-definition faces (that's a 3D model AND a skin) and to create all of the high-definition kits as well.

It takes an age to do a model of a face. If they had to do that 22 times over for 50 teams (that the majority of players won't be too worried about), then that would mean a thousand faces would have to be made, and it would take a year to do that. If they included an extra 100 teams, it would be two thousand faces, which would take even longer. So far, we're nowhere near a thousand teams, and there's two thousand faces to make, EXCLUDING the kits they would have to make and the research they would have to undertake. You're expecting way too much.

Well maybe if they collaborated and stopped being greedy arses they could spend more time making a complete game.

I dont hate fifa, but its the same old story, it smacks of con. You get fifa 07, granted a new engine and a bit of effort, of course what suffers is the multitude of teams, faces etc and of course it has its fair share of problems. Then they bring out champions league boasting all this cosmetic crap about the visual representation of the CL, but they miss out a load of teams that competed in the CL whether qualifying or not and apparently dont have real licenses for PSV who are still in the competition. But its ok because they have spent time with a card system!

Its all about priorities isnt it? Its like two half finished games released within months of each other rather than one whole game. I really hope fifa 08 is built upon, more stadiums, more teams, better gameplay and no gimmicks. Just a solid experience of football, because i think Konami are gonna get it right with Pes 7, its gonna be a proper next gen game when released on ps3 and xbox.

Antred's glasses are glued on Jack when it comes to PES and Liverpool! :lol:

This game rocks, simple. I have been a PES LOVER for years but this is a breath of fresh air. PES6 will be used as a door stop for the wonky door in my dining room as of next week! All that matters to me is:

1. It plays football PROPERLY.
2. The physics engine is AWESOME.
3. Man United and Old Trafford are featured.

Next Friday. Finish work at 5, get home, insert UEFA disc, open cold beer, play, play, play, play with myself!

Antred's glasses are glued on Jack when it comes to PES and Liverpool! :lol:

This game rocks, simple. I have been a PES LOVER for years but this is a breath of fresh air. PES6 will be used as a door stop for the wonky door in my dining room as of next week! All that matters to me is:

1. It plays football PROPERLY.
2. The physics engine is AWESOME.
3. Man United and Old Trafford are featured.

Next Friday. Finish work at 5, get home, insert UEFA disc, open cold beer, play, play, play, play with myself!

I agree 100% it feels like a simulation and I feel that this version is improved over Fifa 07. Animations are excellent, just scored a lovely chip with Ronaldinho.
Tired of PES now, Konami need to do something new.

Just gone back to playing FIFA 07...

changed the view to Tele like it is on UEFA...

realised the game is exectly the same!!!!

The only difference I can see in UEFA and FIFA is commentry, graphics, default starting line ups and that played don't bounce off eachother anymore, they just rub rather than both stopping.

It's a good game I'll give you that, and I'm preferring playing FIFA 07 and UEFA right now over PES, but fact is there's nothing between them to warrent £40, there's no new gameplay, however I much prefer the commentry and atmosphere, I might part-ex FIFA if I can find a cheap UEFA 2nd hand.

The passing system is improved (I can ping passes about so quickly now), the shots are improved (I've scored some fab volleys that the keepers in 07 would have saved more often) and the refs are better (admittedly they're still far from perfect, but they are improved). How you don't notice all of that I don't know, but... Oh well!

I've heard authentic chants from Arsenal fans 'We hate Tottenham and we hate Tottenham' and a few more.
Authentic chants create great atmosphere, I'm impressed.

I don't like FIFA 07 as there are WAY too many niggles. UEFA plays like a dream to me like I've said a million times now.

Fuck me, roll on next week, I've got the horn waiting for it. The missus is RIGHT pissed off with me today as she knows that I'll be in my attic for the next few weekends playing this hot title!

Back
Top Bottom