UEFA Champions League For 360! (March 20th)

lol :)

Anyway back on topic, cheers for the gameplay advice lads ill give that a try later on and see how I get on. I may well trade in some of the 360 games I dont play on often to get this next Friday.

Dj

It doesn't really say too much, it just takes one or two features and turns them into a paragraph of stuff we already know. I like the sound of physios coming onto the pitch, though.

10/10 for effort! ;)

Just pre-ordered from ShopTo.net - not only are they dirt-cheap but they're reliable, and most importantly, they ship the game as soon as they receive it (I've known some games arrive into their stock on a Monday and then get received by a mate on a Tuesday, they are brilliant).

ROLL ON NEXT WEEK BABY!!

Last edited:
pretty disappointed with no mention of scottish teams. will celtic and rangers be left out of this like in FIFA 07.

Well seeing as Celtic are in the Champions League, you can guess if they'll be in the official Champions League game or not. :roll:

No idea about Rangers though; I'd presume not, as it would mean making more high-definition content for a team that isn't in the competition.

Link to Ign Review.

Have they even played this game? Fucking awful review, they say gameplay is stupid? Even in the demo it was plainly obvious the gameplay is fantastic. How can any unsure consumer trust these fucking morons to tell the truth!

Ha ha 6/10 still delirious with laughter. Boycott ign.com they clearly are taking pay offs from Konami.

Link to Ign Review.

Have they even played this game? Fucking awful review, they say gameplay is stupid? Even in the demo it was plainly obvious the gameplay is fantastic. How can any unsure consumer trust these fucking morons to tell the truth!

Ha ha 6/10 still delirious with laughter. Boycott ign.com they clearly are taking pay offs from Konami.

Gameplay: 5? Wow! those guys are really hard on this review.

Hadnt scored yet to see............. ;) surely there must be a video out there that jflores can check out.

I have NEVER took into account ANYTHING that IGN review. It's a fucking Yank-orientated site for a start and what the hell do they know about 'soccer'?

any fifa game that has no licences cant be that good! if it hasnt got rangers, psv and a few others its a disgrace.

when you buy this you expect all teams at least that competed this year fully licensed, minimum.

Exactly, I don't see what the problem is. If your team wasn't in FIFA 07 then you might have known they weren't going to be in this. People don't seem to realise that it's a big job to make a high-def team; it's not just about the kits, it's about the player's bodies and faces as well, a shitload of work has to go into it. It's not a two-minute job where they create a slot in the database and write "Rangers" at the top, it all has to be researched, modelled, skinned... They've added the teams that are in the CL group stages (surely that's all anyone could have hoped for team-wise), and I'm happy with that being achieved in the time-frame they've had to work in.

The more I play it the more I can't wait. Virtua Tennis for the 360 was supposed to be an "amazing" game in an "amazing" series, and after downloading the demo I couldn't believe how awful it was. I went straight back to six goes of UEFA CL and was just blown away by all the little touches. Bollocks, I've got my hopes up now; I hope I'm not disappointed.

I can't wait for next week, I feel like a kid at Christmas; thank you for giving me something else that Konami haven't given me in a long long time, EA.

Last edited:
ill bet anything u want that this game will be crap, fifa this fifa that, i just dont understand how u can say fifa is better than pro evo, i hope it is good to be honest coz id love another great football game, but i just dont see it happening, its crap! simple as that

I can assure you this game is far from crap.

We are raving about it for a reason because we have played it and are enjoying it. So i cant see how it will all of a sudden end up crap.

I love how players ride the slide tackles its immense.

I can assure you this game is far from crap.

We are raving about it for a reason because we have played it and are enjoying it. So i cant see how it will all of a sudden end up crap.

I love how players ride the slide tackles its immense.

i have played fifa07 and it IS crap, like i said i hope the new one is good, i really do

If this is anything like FIFA 07, i know im gonna love it. Im still playing 07...had a brilliant match between chelsea and real at the bernabeu....1-1 after 90 minutes. The ball richochets towards roberto carlos from a chelsea corner and he takes off down the left wing.After running almost the entire pitch, evading paulo ferreira, he cuts inside at the edge of the box and fires a left foot rocket towards the far post, smacking it and subsequently the net. The crowd goes absolutely ape and he runs off shouting obsenities at the them. It was absolutely brilliant. If champions league can keep this aspect of the game and add to it the already seen atmosphere from the demo, its gonna be a keeper.

**ps. werent psv in one the videos somewhere? I swear I saw them running around the their full kit....cant remember where i saw the video though....

Do u reckon they've taken out the ability to play matches in the day time. That would be a bit shit.

i have played fifa07 and it IS crap, like i said i hope the new one is good, i really do
Do you not understand that we have played the UEFA CL demo on the 360 ourselves and we have said several times that we love it? We're not guessing that we'll love it, we've played the demo, and we do. You will think it's crap because your mind isn't open to change, but that is your opinion and not everybody's, so stop running around saying "it's crap it's crap" and read the last few pages of the thread.

Do u reckon they've taken out the ability to play matches in the day time. That would be a bit shit.
I'm sure I read somewhere that they haven't and that there's day/night/dusk effects... But I might be wrong.

Last edited:
I forgot to say.

As the FIFA buttons are default, I sometimes press the wrong button when I want 2 men to press. So instead, you will see one of my men slide tackle from nowhere near the ball :lol:

Anyway, the ball was down near my left back. I pressed slide (thinking it was press) and Senderos tried to hack Etoo down just outside the area, only for etoo to jump right over him and make a darting run where he had come out of position!

So i snapped messi, he never played the ball for the run, I got booked :)

The jump was ace though, really surprised me!

Played this for hours last night! It's fucking immense! I CAN'T WAIT! I don't like the FIFA-default layout though, can I choose the Pro-Evo buttons in final game?

new vid up on ign.com (the bar stewards). Very interesting watch its the gameplay boy that is talking abou the game. During the video a goalkeeper makes a save tipping it onto the bar. I swear it looked amazing!

I've slagged off FIFA ever since 2003 but some of the gameplay changes they've made recently will sure make Nokami sit up and take notice. About time €A started pulling their finger out.

Never thought I'd ever say that.

Back
Top Bottom