UEFA Champions League For 360! (March 20th)

well i just ordered the asian version with UPS shipping so hopefully i will get it friday/saturday so will be online sometime over the weekend.

regarding the shorts comment i think its just wishful thinking guys. pretty sure the shorts havent changed abit........
players,in most next gen games, just look kinda waxy and chunky, like clearly good graphics but not quite right. in pes their at a level of badness which means your not thinkgin, hmm that doesnt look quite right cos ur fully aware its still a computer game, but its enough to be recognisable...fifa has made massive progress but it needs model sizes of pes, with fifa graphics!

Spot on. Reviewers are too scared to slate PES

holly christ, all of you guys were saying the same thing about EA 2 years ago... the memory on some of you guys is as if you all have Alzheimer's, now Konami are the money grubbing cunts, and EA are the innovative creaters of the only good football game.... Lets all give konami 5 shots at the next gen console game as EA have already have, and if pro evo is the same as it is now, then we can all start bashing konami. But there still only on there first iteration of the next console pro evo, and its MILES better then fifa road to world cup on the 360. So lets all wait and see what the next pro evo is like before we annoint EA the king of football titles.

Great idea DJ. It could be a tues/weds night affair! Would be awesome! :)

holly christ, all of you guys were saying the same thing about EA 2 years ago... the memory on some of you guys is as if you all have Alzheimer's, now Konami are the money grubbing cunts, and EA are the innovative creaters of the only good football game.... Lets all give konami 5 shots at the next gen console game as EA have already have, and if pro evo is the same as it is now, then we can all start bashing konami. But there still only on there first iteration of the next console pro evo, and its MILES better then fifa road to world cup on the 360. So lets all wait and see what the next pro evo is like before we annoint EA the king of football titles.

mr saunders does have a point there..i like pes because you do have to work for your goals and in a season when fatigue takes a hold it can be a real battle, which i enjoy.

No dont think that is fair at all. Konami hve had just as much dev time as EA. They took there time to bring a game out and look what we got!

mr saunders does have a point there..i like pes because you do have to work for your goals and in a season when fatigue takes a hold it can be a real battle, which i enjoy.

especially when it cheats and all of your players fatigue goes down and the CPU is always quicker too the ball etc.

Got any spare kidneys? You never know.

STILL no confirmation from ShopTo. This could be the first time I've used them and not got the game at least a day early. :(:(:(

Last edited:
Well Gameplay orders are sent first class, ShopTo orders are sent first class recorded - meaning that technically, depending on how good/bad your postman is, you should get yours two days after dispatch and mine is "guaranteed" to arrive within 24 hours.

Now, if they'd just put it in the fucking post...

I'm hoping ShopTo don't send their dispatch confirmations until midnight, or something.

EDIT: I've just realised, they haven't taken any money yet, so they can't have posted it, can they? Fucking shitbags - thank God for the "cancel" button. Looks like I'll be taking a trip down to the shops tomorrow...

Last edited:
Well Gameplay orders are sent first class, ShopTo orders are sent first class recorded - meaning that technically, depending on how good/bad your postman is, you should get yours two days after dispatch and mine is "guaranteed" to arrive within 24 hours.

Now, if they'd just put it in the fucking post...

I'm hoping ShopTo don't send their dispatch confirmations until midnight, or something.

EDIT: I've just realised, they haven't taken any money yet, so they can't have posted it, can they? Fucking shitbags - thank God for the "cancel" button. Looks like I'll be taking a trip down to the shops tomorrow...

Everyone screams pre order to us nowdays and then when it comes to us getting our pre orders they don't deliver on time what they say we need to pre order to to have on time?

strange world my friend i feel your pain same things have happened to me too...

No dont think that is fair at all. Konami hve had just as much dev time as EA. They took there time to bring a game out and look what we got!

Konami is a sony shop, end of story. The fact they made this for the xbox is still amazing to me. I beleive the stories about MS rushing konami to market, it sounds all to familiar. The MS mode has always been to use the consumer market as its beta testers. This will never change. If the WE on ps3 sucks, i will be so let down by konmai, but lets wait and see gents before throwing in the towel.

Chris, Gameplay have always been brilliant for me. Without fail i get all me pre-orders the day before release. I have never had a pre-order delivered on a Friday. I always get it on a thursday and I've ordered about 5 games from there.

Official Xbox Magazine
7 out of 10

Game Informer
7.5 out of 10

TeamXbox
8.3 out of 10

Official Xbox Magazine UK
8 out of 10

360 Gamer Magazine UK
6 out of 10

The reviews so far accroding to gamerankings

Last edited:
I use Gameplay regularly but my pre-orders from them always arrive on a Friday.

I've cancelled the order with ShopTo now as it was only going to arrive on Friday anyway - I might as well go and pick it up tomorrow. That's the last time I use them - and they sent FIFA 07 out to me two days early as well! Weird!!

Where you gunna pick it up tomorrow? What if no one has it. I think its best everyone stays well clear of JB's neck of the woods tomorrow. There will be a madman about. :D

Hope you get it tomorrow though mate. We can have a few games online.

There's a games shop just down the road, run by a guy who knows me (I kept his shop in business for years - my granddad died when I was 13 and left me a few quid, which I'm ashamed to say I spent ENTIRELY at his shop for the next three years; I bought the lot, consoles, steering wheels, flight-sticks, headsets). He always lets me buy a game as soon as he's got it in - trouble is he still charges £50 per XBOX 360 game. I'll be taking down a few original XBOX games to try and get a few quid knocked off, but I'm so desperate for the game that I'm not too bothered.

Saying that, I rang him before to see if he had it in today and he said "it's not out until Friday is it?", rather than "we'll probably have it in tomorrow", which has got me worried now.

If he's not got it, then keep an eye out on the 6 o'clock news for a fat bloke with a gun screaming "COOPZ NOTED UEFA NOW PREORDER FUCKNUTS"...

The UEFA PC version is using the same engine as 360?

Cause I wanted to buy the 360 version, but I played the PC one and I think it´s muchhhh better than de 360 UEFA demo. Will the full game be different than the demo? Tks

Were untucked shirts in FIFA 07?

Cause I wanted to buy the 360 version, but I played the PC one and I think it´s muchhhh better than de 360 UEFA demo. Will the full game be different than the demo? Tks
I think it's a different engine, it's great fun but the Xbox 360 version is more realistic, in my opinion.

Last edited:

The PC, PS2 and PSP games all use the same current-gen engine, whereas the PS3 and 360 games use the next-gen engine (which I've read your opinions about, "the ball is a balloon", so I realise you're not a fan).

On the official game forums everyone is slating the game saying:

It's worse than the demo (slower, less responsive)
Lots of the new teams are unlicenced and have no real faces
No unlockables (even thought I'm sure there are)

The official forums are also full of people who said the graphics on FIFA 07 were worse than on a PSone game. I wouldn't take anyone from the official forums seriously, they're just so desperate to get their voices heard so that the next FIFA will have hair that you can brush before matches.

Give it to us straight jack when you get your mitts on it. I have held off on a 360 as the only thing I play on consoles is footy and I'm sure I wont be rushing for a PS3 until the 2nd or third PES or Fifa is out on it!!
I played both on the 360 and was amazed how unamazed I was!! The thing I'm most looking forward to is SWOS's return if I'm honest. Lost all faith with the two Goliath's they remind me of the FA!!

Nick, play Sensible Soccer on the PC/PS2. I couldn't wait for that game to come out due to it's good old-fashioned simplicity (and the lower-league teams of course), but after five minutes I just thought "this is just a waste of time". When you've played games that let you do through-balls, knock-aheads and the like, you just find yourself reaching for buttons that don't do anything in this game.

Sensi was great for it's time, and I still have a blast on SWOS 96/97 now and then, but I'm on it for a week and then that's it for a few months. We are in a new gaming age, and regardless of whether you prefer PES or FIFA, the games are miles better now.

I loved FIFA 07 and I will no doubt love UEFA, so I doubt my review will help you matey! I think UEFA is excellent but it's in the same vein as FIFA 07 in the same way that PES6 is PES5 (is PES4 is PES3 is PES2...) - so if you didn't like FIFA 07 I doubt you will like UEFA (El Diego is the exception but I still reckon he will last about a day and then proclaim it as "shite").

I'm always honest though, and I have mentioned it's failings over the course of this thread.

Jack stop writing me off! I can't help not liking FIFA 07! It was full of bugs! I played the full game of UEFA again today after work in Gamestation and I am still hooked. The last football game to WOW me this much was PES3 which is why I KNOW I am gonna like this.

* Ball phsyics are better than FIFA 07.
* Passing is better.
* Animations are amazing.
* Player models are FAR better (not chunky wrestlers like in 07)
* Tackling has been sorted.
* The headers look awesome.
* I did this amazing curling-free kick and it CRASHED off the bar out for a corner.
* I love men.

I'm afriad of not liking it after a week or so but I remember I liked Fifa 07 for months. I just went back to playing it again today and was enjoying it so UEFA should be great.

Back
Top Bottom