UEFA Champions League For 360! (March 20th)

anybody knows the list of the boots that are in the game?(fan shop).. i know there are 31 boots but i don't know the model and the colours :(

I'm pissed off. The fact that teams don't attack you properly even on world class, the crap goalies, and the through balls you can play from your own half that go all the way through. The things I hated about Fifa 07 are still here and after a number of matches it just ends up feeling the same.

It's such a shame but I'm probably going to have to go back to Pro Evo. I just can't get into Fifa at the end of the day. It's like they're trying so hard to make the game "organic" and "free" that it just ends up too unnatural and the AI isn't clever enough for the freeness. It's still too easy.

And this crap about them fixing the fouls is rubbish. The ref still blows for the slightest of touches.

I so hope PES7 is improved and has more stadiums and an edit mode because then I'm happy.

Last edited:
I just played it in GameStation (again!) and loved it. Played as Bolton V Spurs, dunno if it was on easy etc as some guy left it playing. Great game, it feels and looks beautiful.

Can't wait until tomorrow.

Anyone played it online yet?

El Diego I promise you will think its shit after a while. Its the same as Fifa 07 at the end of the day.

Mate I can't get enough of it in the shop and I remember hating FIFA07 after 5 games!

This just feels right, but it's down to opinion. I hate PES6 so much at the moment even if UEFA is average I'll stick with it. It's not slow and unresponsive like PES6.

*Fingers crossed I will still love it next week*

I'm pissed off. The fact that teams don't attack you properly even on world class, the crap goalies, and the through balls you can play from your own half that go all the way through. The things I hated about Fifa 07 are still here and after a number of matches it just ends up feeling the same.

It's such a shame but I'm probably going to have to go back to Pro Evo. I just can't get into Fifa at the end of the day. It's like they're trying so hard to make the game "organic" and "free" that it just ends up too unnatural and the AI isn't clever enough for the freeness. It's still too easy.

And this crap about them fixing the fouls is rubbish. The ref still blows for the slightest of touches.

I so hope PES7 is improved and has more stadiums and an edit mode because then I'm happy.

Wow I'm shocked at your opinions, I really feel they have improved it but each to their own. Maybe it's because I stopped playing Fifa 07 months ago but I love this version.

ughh noted has put me off now... I do like playing fifa 07 more then him though, as Im in a live league and i do enjoy that... hmmm well i probably will get it

LOL, The way you dont like it already Oli.

Try playing it with a mate, it feels a lot better then. Probably is harder too because you have to make runs and open up the space.

I found the refs to be differnt each game, learn how to tackle and the ref wont go half as much!

Its not about learning how to tackle. Without even pressing anything I'm giving fouls away and gaining free kicks for no reason. Playing with a mate or online wont make a difference. It's the gameplay in general which aggrivates me way more than PES.

I guess I'll just always be a PES fan because I still love it even with it's little tweaks every year. You will see Kev how shit this through ball thing is and how people will use it as a "cheat" online. Single player is worse because it's too easy.

Wahey, I can see into the future! If El Diego follows suit then I'm officially more accurate than Mystic Meg! :thumbup:

Well I've just been to Gamestation, who had two copies behind them and a game in the 360 pod, but they refused to sell it a day early. I went to the shop where I know the guy who runs the place, and he said that Virtua Tennis 3 had been delivered but EA were holding back with UEFA (which I'm presuming is why ShopTo didn't send it to me early).

Off I go on a killing spree to cheer myself up.

Believe me mate I really wanted to like it but for some reason I just get bored of it really quickly.

Gamin Shops are stupid, I just phoned my local Game and Gamestation to see if they are selling this early, both said no, I then asked if they were opening at midnight tonight for the ps3 launch and they both said yes. I asked if they were selling all games at midnight or just ps3 for launch and they said that they wopuld be able to sell eveything that is realised but both said I wouldnt be allowed in the shop unless I had a ps3 pre-order. THIS IS RIDICULOUS!! I want to buy a 360 game and they will be selling the 360 products so why do I have to have a pre-order to get in the shop.I want to play this game and now I hate high street stores for being so petty and annoying.

The Official Bumperman Impression Post

Played a good bit of it yesterday. I played through ALL stadiums,ALL settings and ALL difficulties.

Presentation - 6.5
I'm, sorry about this score but I feel it has to be said. for all that they've siad they'd have it was less impressive than i thought. After playing MLB 2k7 and seeing how brilliantly that game handles every aspect of the broadcast implementation i have to say that UEFA looks and feels less interactive in that sense. I see the same cut scenes after every other goal or foal or whatever. it just isn't varied enough. the replays however are fantastic and what pushes the 6.0 score to a point 5 up. As far as menus they are just very clean and uneventful unlike what the areana was, but to be fair it's not a FIFA game

Graphics - 8.0
Animations are better "LOOKING" Player models are the same except for faces, uniforms are the same cloth design,pitches are the same Stadiums and their lighting are starting to look very very good. And seriously Dusk looks real nice sometimes as a day setting.

Gameplay - 7.9 ok 8.0. The passing buttons make all the difference now. It makes the game open up nicely. the shooting at goal is only good inside the box and pisspoor everywhere else. i'm sorry but EA has to give us more control over our shots other than depending on player postioning (which i feel is such a gimmick it's not funny and a huge cop out on trying to make that area like WE's mechanic). the finesse shot has not been improved or tweaked it feel even less responsive now or accurate so that's bad. player tackling has been imporved and if you press x it's actually effective now. goalies have been improved along with the users ability to cotrolled. i saved some great shots that i actaully felt that i had stopped/blobked NICE!

Overall the gameplay is very very similiar to what we saw in fifa 07, it's minor tweak but it's now playable in little ways that were not playable last time around

Overall - 6.0 LOL hey it's playable and it's got some cxharm but UEFA feels like a cold game.

IGN gave very high marks for the other areas of the game but for me the gameplay sticks out way more than the flashy extra modes and etc.

So My six comes from the ugly modes of play and not the vgameplay itself.

like someone said here or i might have said. you have to know how to play real football to play this game now

Well my view of the game has swayed slightly in the space of two games I just played. The first knockout round of the CL. Me (Valencia) against Milan. Both matches were incredible. They attacked me like mad and the first leg ended 0-0 with them hitting the bar/post 3 times! Second leg they took the lead and I scored in the 70th minute to go through on away goals. This is what the game is all about. I didn't see any annoyances in these 2 games which was quality. It felt much more real when playing a decent team.

Wahey, get in there. Hope it stays fun for you Noted!!

Forgot to mention that I grabbed five minutes on the pod before a gang of kids started queueing up behind me for a go. Honestly, it takes me back to my first Winning Eleven, which I was obsessed with; except the things that impressed me about UEFA far surpass the things that stood out for me with WE.

For example, in the match (Liverpool v Arsenal - I was Liverpool of course), I was trying to get down the wings for the first 10-20 minutes of the half. I noticed that after I'd managed to get one or two crosses in, Arsenal started man-marking my wingers, and that was it. My wingers were out of the game and I had to think of other ways to get through.

I've already mentioned how one of my players reacted like a human and came running out of his position and up the wing like a MADMAN to give me someone to pass to when I was backed into a corner. The tactical AI is really, really impressive.

It seriously feels as if you are playing against real humans, sometimes. They see what you're doing and they adapt - apart from the lesser teams who (judging from a match I watched whilst pretending to browse around the store) are too scared and just keep defending like their lives depended on it.

I just wish it was tomorrow already. :(

Last edited:
Well my view of the game has swayed slightly in the space of two games I just played. The first knockout round of the CL. Me (Valencia) against Milan. Both matches were incredible. They attacked me like mad and the first leg ended 0-0 with them hitting the bar/post 3 times! Second leg they took the lead and I scored in the 70th minute to go through on away goals. This is what the game is all about. I didn't see any annoyances in these 2 games which was quality. It felt much more real when playing a decent team.

I was honestly going to say to you play the actual champions league. The CPU plays much better in it and attacks like crazy. I just went through the quaters 2-2 on away goals against Juve. The first leg at the Emirates they battered me for 90 mins. The 2nd Leg I got 2 early goals including a 25 yard screamer from Mr Terry Henry they pulled one back on 60 mins and battered me for the rest of the game but I held on. Now for the semi v Milan..................

My god. What a quarter final. Against Lille it was 2-2 in the home leg. I was 1-0 down in the away leg when I score an amazing header with Villa in the 85th minute. I only needed 1 more to go through but the bastards defended for their lives and I went out :(

Ultimate Team mode is absolute gash though. You create a team then have to use a kit and logo which isn't yours. So you have "Rovers FC" or whatever using Reggina's kit and Nante's logo. Seems so strange and pointless. I won't be playing it.

Whats this golden ticket mode though?

Last edited:
with the online mode do you have too use your ultimate team or can you play with normal teams?

Wahey, get in there. Hope it stays fun for you Noted!!

Forgot to mention that I grabbed five minutes on the pod before a gang of kids started queueing up behind me for a go. Honestly, it takes me back to my first Winning Eleven, which I was obsessed with; except the things that impressed me about UEFA far surpass the things that stood out for me with WE.

For example, in the match (Liverpool v Arsenal - I was Liverpool of course), I was trying to get down the wings for the first 10-20 minutes of the half. I noticed that after I'd managed to get one or two crosses in, Arsenal started man-marking my wingers, and that was it. My wingers were out of the game and I had to think of other ways to get through.

I've already mentioned how one of my players reacted like a human and came running out of his position and up the wing like a MADMAN to give me someone to pass to when I was backed into a corner. The tactical AI is really, really impressive.

It seriously feels as if you are playing against real humans, sometimes. They see what you're doing and they adapt - apart from the lesser teams who (judging from a match I watched whilst pretending to browse around the store) are too scared and just keep defending like their lives depended on it.

I just wish it was tomorrow already. :(
no way in hell it feels better then the first time you played WE, thats like saying
you re-found your virginity...

My god. What a quarter final. Against Lille it was 2-2 in the home leg. I was 1-0 down in the away leg when I score an amazing header with Villa in the 85th minute. I only needed 1 more to go through but the bastards defended for their lives and I went out :(

Ultimate Team mode is absolute gash though. You create a team then have to use a kit and logo which isn't yours. So you have "Rovers FC" or whatever using Reggina's kit and Nante's logo. Seems so strange and pointless. I won't be playing it.

Whats this golden ticket mode though?
so now your enjoying it?

no way in hell it feels better then the first time you played WE, thats like saying
you re-found your virginity...
I remember how astonished I was with WE's passing. I remember how astonished I was that the players on the pitch in UEFA seemed to be making their own human and tactical decisions, as if the game was fucking real.

They were both fantastic moments, but I know that the awe of watching the CPU block out my gameplan minutes into the first half will take some beating.

All this positive impressions about this game is getting me somewhat curious to play it. I think I will rent this one and then draw my own conclusions to see if it is worth my time, money, and effort. Bad nets and all.

;-)

All this positive impressions about this game is getting me somewhat curious to play it. I think I will rent this one and then draw my own conclusions to see if it is worth my time, money, and effort. Bad nets and all.

;-)

jflores.

he just dreams of nets, rippling in the wind or from the touch of panelled leather washing across its fibres....if knonami or EA ever get it right he'll orgasm!

:D

Jflores is not alone.....
one of my biggest complaints in FIFA are the lifeless nets....
I don't know why they keep missing out on that one....
I mean nowadays most well known stadia have great nets...
It just takes away from the authenticity...

For me personally, one of the greatest satisfaction is seeing
the nets rippling with the ball....
And Konami have got it very close to what Football Kingdom had..
The other satisfactions being able to execute good passing moves,
good shoots/headers at the end of these moves, etc...

Back
Top Bottom