UEFA Champions League 2013/2014

At least it would put a stop to the silly topping up of ghost scores that people do (eg. Fabregas last night).If Barca get the penalty last night the entire rest of the game is different, irrespective of whether Messi scores or Hart saves.
The Neymar goal, the absurd freekick Pique gets for fouling Dzeko which leads to Messi sealing the tie, the City penalty - such is the way the universe works, non of that happens if the first decision is correct.

The only question is how far do you go? freekicks, corners, even throw ins can decide games/leagues/tournaments.

With that in mind, it might be worth looking at giving captains the ability to contest referee decisions a set number of times per game.

At least it would put a stop to the silly topping up of ghost scores that people do (eg. Fabregas last night).If Barca get the penalty last night the entire rest of the game is different, irrespective of whether Messi scores or Hart saves.
The Neymar goal, the absurd freekick Pique gets for fouling Dzeko which leads to Messi sealing the tie, the City penalty - such is the way the universe works, non of that happens if the first decision is correct.

The only question is how far do you go? freekicks, corners, even throw ins can decide games/leagues/tournaments.

With that in mind, it might be worth looking at giving captains the ability to contest referee decisions a set number of times per game.

Yes, having captains spend 3 chances during the game to get tv help would work in my book. The thing is that it could only be done when paly stops, so what do you do in yesterday's Messi penalty, for example? The ball kept in the pitch and play went on, there's no possible application in that case that wouldn't open the gate to abusing sooner or later.

What if theref can ask for a replay when he has doubts? It's obvious sometimes they don't know what happened and they could decide wether or not to stop play depending on the circumstances.

Yea, you could only contest if the ref actually awards something, whether it be a freekick, throw in, goalkick, corner or penalty. You couldn't contest a non decision (ref not giving a penalty) but, as you say, I'd be happy for the ref last night to, if he has doubt, ask the IPad guy for help on the stupid Lescott lunge :RANT:

They can start to review immediately. Or they can say, goals, pks and red cards can be reviewed immediately, but corners/fks, etc are ref decision on the spot.
Other sports have similar rules in place where some things just aren't reviewable.

Also, play is stopped a lot currently anyway. While the referee consults the linesman etc. Or players mob the ref, so really, would a quick look at a tablet as you said, or a camera, make that much difference?

Very true.

It wouldn't. In fact they would not only come to the correct decision much more often but it would probably get done faster.

Still want Paris to win it, I believe we can take them easily, but I hope they'll go through.
Zlatan is having the best season of his life and the team is playing beautifully together, Blanc took the whole team to another level this year.

r.i.p united

969339_671879426201815_287228558_n.jpg

:D :D :D

Still want Paris to win it, I believe we can take them easily, but I hope they'll go through.
Zlatan is having the best season of his life and the team is playing beautifully together, Blanc took the whole team to another level this year.
Wow that's some true love for Zlatan right there :D
(I know that feel :LOVE:)

never thought about watching that game, not even for a second.

barça-atletico isn't too good either though. atletico looks like playing just not to lose until now.

Bayern are so ugly to watch boring "football" , I hope they get knocked by united and I don't have to see for rest of CL , idiotic tactics and strategy by guardiola , last year bayern were amazing and a joy to watch.

To be fair, against United they've had 80% possession, and should really be 1 down. It is all really dull.

Hundreds and hundreds of passes, but only 1 shot, which was from a typically individualistic moment by Robben. (why do defenders STILL show him onto his left?!)

It's winning by suffocation.

To be fair, against United they've had 80% possession, and should really be 1 down. It is all really dull.

Hundreds and hundreds of passes, but only 1 shot, which was from a typically individualistic moment by Robben. (why do defenders STILL show him onto his left?!)

It's winning by suffocation.

what was with the disallowed goal? heard there was one.

edit: just watched it. I'd never give that call.

Last edited:
I can`t believe some are calling Bayer dull ....Mutd have all their players on the pitch (11vs11).Bayer are not only trying to break the wall down , they manage to recover the ball back.

Mutd should of scored,but like Arsenal that missed opportunity :SHOCK: this could get ugly. Mutd are very nervous and hopefully will take the fight to Bayer in the 2nd half.

what was with the disallowed goal? heard there was one.

It was "dangerous" game by welback he's foot was high

Welback missed an 1vs1 chance , and robben had a shot from 25m and de gea save it, what's all from first 45 minutes , other than that just some boring football!

It was "dangerous" game by welback he's foot was high

Welback missed an 1vs1 chance , and robben had a shot from 25m and de gea save it, what's all from first 45 minutes , other than that just some boring football!

Terrible call now that I've seen it again. Martinez had to duck his head and the ball was still at arm level. After seeing Martinez against Arsenal, I'm just shocked he didn't go down holding his face.

Back
Top Bottom