UEFA Champions League 2013/2014

I was trying to count Schalke's players on the pitch I count : 11? Surely, I miss counted. RM would be deadlier if they play more as a unit instead of playing to get CR more recorder breakers :P .

Benzema scored his 34th and 35th goal in 59 matches, that's incredible (especially when Ronaldo had scored only 22 at the same number)

And here i was thinking that Bale was an overrated player .
Now that he is playing for a massive team, he suddenly gets praise.

ı was sorry about the score against Chelsea. We dominated the second half and nobody cant go our semi half court. 1-1 i think not bad score for second game but we realy should win yesterday.

We can go quarter-final.

Really? If anything you should've lost yesterday...
Mou wanted to play safe, and played too safe, conceding possession was an idiotic thing to do when you have the lead.

Really? If anything you should've lost yesterday...
Mou wanted to play safe, and played too safe, conceding possession was an idiotic thing to do when you have the lead.

Yes. He want to play safe but We have 3-4 good posotion for a second goal at second half.

2 main reason for Gala results(general)
İf you(for example) play offansive, zone pres on Gala half pitch you can find some clear position, corner or bla bla
But
İf you play defensive football, too safe(you told), to pass and not agrressive, Gala have a %30 percent for goal or position. Every team of the world never mind.
Mourinho's Real 3-2 lost last year at our stadim
As manu, as schalke, as juve bla bla

And second game if you play defensive football i like this game. :))

Well it's something Moyes hasn't done yet. Olympiakos to beat United 1-6.

I didn't see the Atl.Madrid vs Milan game just the highlights. How good is Atletíco ? I hope they improve over the summer and add to the squad , not sell. I'm looking forward to them getting to the quarter finals .

I didn't see the Atl.Madrid vs Milan game just the highlights. How good is Atletíco ? I hope they improve over the summer and add to the squad , not sell. I'm looking forward to them getting to the quarter finals .

Unfortunately, Atletico WILL sell this summer. They have big economic problems. They have a history of destroying themselves when they get big, too.

They are already in quarter finals, bebo! I would love them to win it. They put heart and soul in all matches but the squad is very short and they may reach the final stages in a low form.

The effort they put in each play turns against them now and then, and they always loose control of matches against big teams for periods of time and become vulnerable. I don't see them being solid enough to resist Bayern or Madrid during 180 minutes, but let's hope I'm very wrong.

it would be lovely to see if atletico and dortmund play the final but it sounds almost impossible though. there will be too many strong teams in the last 8 this time. even manchester united can be the dark horses if they succeed to beat olympiakos and reach quarters, although the chances are pretty slim.

Good eye from the ref at PSG - Bayer and finally someone punishing these stupid dive(r)s. Absolutely correct to give Can the second yellow card there.

More absolutely shocking refereeing.

When will football evolve? Two as clear as day penalties, neither given.

The standard of officiating will continue to get worse as the players get fitter and the game gets faster.

Unless of course the footballing powers decide they'd like matches to be decided by the football players, rather than refs who are ill equipped to do their jobs properly.

are they fucking kidding? wtf is this refereeng in highest level??

make me turn of the tv...

Kompany wasn't offside but they had a player straight in front of Barca's keeper so it should've been disallowed.

Not even the person who came up with that rule seems to understand it. Typical.

Best example was Newcastle v. United - when Demba Ba was ruled not to have been interfering with play, despite pulling Evans to the ground, resulting in an own goal.

Terrible refeering, absolutely shocking, and I watched it live at the stadium ( getting out now).

Very good match by both teams. I think Dzeko could have enjoyed more minutes, he was dangerous every time he appeared. Why Pellegrini decided to sub silva and not nasri?

The ref went against Barça in the 1st half. City didn't take advantage and corrected his mistake and for good measure send Zabeleta off ! Barça needed to win in their backyard. I heard the Coach Was in a room for 45min under a microscope in front of reporters.

Terrible refeering, absolutely shocking, and I watched it live at the stadium ( getting out now).

Very good match by both teams. I think Dzeko could have enjoyed more minutes, he was dangerous every time he appeared. Why Pellegrini decided to sub silva and not nasri?

Think the Silva and Nasri subs were looking ahead to Hull.

Good luck to Barca. Don't think you'll win it but you're still scary when around the box so who knows?

That second yellow card was a very cowardly decision of the ref. One of the worst refs i've seen in years.

But like i wrote in other threads, we have come up to a point that the refs clearly are not the problem. If there are so many refereeing errors, then there is something wrong with the rules of football.

Why not have a brain storm for more transparant rules ?

The off-side law originated from the will to see more of a passing football game. Does the current off-side law still makes any sense in modern football ? This is merely an example.

The refs shouldn't be pointed at, it's all about the rules.

I'm not sure i want technology. I'm not sure i'm against it, but it might hurt the game...it might hurt the flow of the game...to me the worst refs are those that hurt the flow of the game. Technology could have the same effect...

And about the match: it was a very good and enjoyable match.
I agree with Alex about Dzeko, he really did hurt Barcelona. Should have played from the start...
That pass from Silva to Nasri was to me the best moment of the match. City have won me over yesterday, i really liked them...
It is pretty clear that this Barcelona side will not win the CL. Messi at his best was a team player. He isn't any more judged on what i recently saw (but i don't see Spanish football often, i might be wrong).

The offside rule makes sense because it would be total chaos without it. It could be changed, for example, we tried using "hockey offside" in indoor 5-man football and it worked remarkably well. A fixed line offside would also be incredibly easy to get 100% right with technology as well. It would largely be the death of compact high pressure defense like Barcelona in its glory days though.

Replays for penalties wont disrupt the flow of the game, it's already disrupted when someone dives or there is actually a penalty.
'Offside' goals as well, play is already stopped while celebrations go on, the ball is retrieved, etc.
There could be another official specifically for PK/goal review. TV viewers can get 10 replays of an incident immediately, the official would have access to the same.

Replays for penalties wont disrupt the flow of the game, it's already disrupted when someone dives or there is actually a penalty.
'Offside' goals as well, play is already stopped while celebrations go on, the ball is retrieved, etc.
There could be another official specifically for PK/goal review. TV viewers can get 10 replays of an incident immediately, the official would have access to the same.

This. There's no argument against it. Penalties make too big a difference not to. I don't think any other major sport has as significant a single event determined by a referee.

And referees are screwing them up a lot.

Back
Top Bottom